Photo

150 baht fee for ATM transaction using foreign cards

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#37 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:48 AM

Anybody know where the Government Savings Banks are in Pattaya?

There is one on 2nd Rd about 100 meters on the right side as you head up from Pattaya Tai.
They are quite difficult to spot due to no English signage or bright coloured commercial livery.

#38 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:51 AM

Cheers Pentire. :lol:

#39 Josh69

Josh69
  • Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:41 AM

There is one on 2nd Rd about 100 meters on the right side as you head up from Pattaya Tai.
They are quite difficult to spot due to no English signage or bright coloured commercial livery.

I never cease to be amazed by you Mr Pentire!!! :)

#40 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

I got this from another board.

Tukcom - Pattaya Tai (South Road)
Royal Garden - 2nd Road
The Avenue shopping center - 2nd Road
Central Festival Mall - location in mall unknown
Carrefore - Pattaya Klang (Central Road) - 2nd floor
East of City Hall - Pattaya Nua (North Road)
A couple of ATMs on Beach Road and Walking Street (one near beginning of Walking Street)

You can see the bank logo at the GSB web site.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#41 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

OOPs double post, sorry.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#42 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

Just to know you know what they look like here is the GSB Bank on Pattaya Nua
http://www.pattayaph...j3RUCuukczDEDcA

#43 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:13 AM

Their ATMs look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

They also have mobile banks (in vans) that service some areas of Bangkok, but I am not sure if they are in Pattaya too.

Posted Image

And they are the only Thai bank to have a boat branch:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Crikey, they have brightened things up :shock:
Also, only a few years ago I seem to recall that only GSB account holder cards were able to withdraw funds from their ATM machines :? I know that because the one on Second Rd used to have a sign in English which said that.
I can see that is no longer the case, maybe I used them pink machines on recent stays in Pattaya without realising it was GSB, but then perhaps not because I tend to use mostly Bangkok Bank machines with my BB ATM card.

#45 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:47 AM

From this weeks Stickmanweekly:

"It would seem the Government Savings Bank has joined the group of banks which charges the holders of foreign-issued ATM cards at their ATM machines. 150 baht will de deducted from your account if you use a Government Savings Bank ATM.

A reader reports that AeonThailand does not charge the ATM fee. They even have a notice on their ATMs saying that they do not charge the fee like other banks do! It seems that the non-Thai banks don't charge i.e. UBS, HSBC and Citibank whereas all of the locally Thai-owned banks do."

#46 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:39 AM

From this weeks Stickmanweekly:

"It would seem the Government Savings Bank has joined the group of banks which charges the holders of foreign-issued ATM cards at their ATM machines. 150 baht will de deducted from your account if you use a Government Savings Bank ATM.

A reader reports that AeonThailand does not charge the ATM fee. They even have a notice on their ATMs saying that they do not charge the fee like other banks do! It seems that the non-Thai banks don't charge i.e. UBS, HSBC and Citibank whereas all of the locally Thai-owned banks do."

Phuck this is getting old chasing the free ATMs. :roll: I also heard on a GG board that Aeon wasn't charging.

Here is Aeon's small list of ATMs in Pattaya:

Lotus South Pattaya - 2nd Floor Lotus South Pattaya
Home work Pattaya - 1st Floor Home work Pattaya
Carrefour - 2nd Floor Carrefour Pattaya Klang

Not sure I understand where the first two are located.

You can also find a list of banks by going HERE.

EDIT: Best I can tell Homeworks is on Sukhumvit in South Pattaya and Lotus is Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit in Jomtien :?::?::?: If so not a great location for me.

#47 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

Tesco Lotus is right across the street where Ezy girls live :oops: so I think this will become my usual place to stash myself with fresh cash. (EDIT: or not, I was Goggling and I still don't know the name of shopping mall but I'm sure it is not Tesco... I will soon have to return to Pattaya to get some pictures of this mall :wink: )

BR

#48 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:20 AM

Tesco Lotus is right across the street where Ezy girls live :oops: so I think this will become my usual place to stash myself with fresh cash. (EDIT: or not, I was Goggling and I still don't know the name of shopping mall but I'm sure it is not Tesco... I will soon have to return to Pattaya to get some pictures of this mall :wink: ) BR

Assuming the shopping mall is on a main street you should be able to find it here: http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci