150 baht fee for ATM transaction using foreign cards

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Good news, there's another bank now in LOS that does not charge the 150 Baht foreign ATM card transaction fee.

Besides AEON bank, there is now CIMB bank. This is a Malayasian Bank that has recently expanded into Thailand. If you click on the hyperlink name, it will take you to the home page where you can check the ATM locations. Unfortunately as it is a newer bank, there are not many locations yet, but hopefully they are successful and spread throughout LOS.

Also with AEON and CIMB, hopefully the Thai public banks will feel some pressure to reduce or eliminate the 150 Baht fee.

#122 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Thanks for the news RX but I won't hold my breath on that decision reversal given the amount of tourists flowing through the system... 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#123 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Good news, there's another bank now in LOS that does not charge the 150 Baht foreign ATM card transaction fee.

Besides AEON bank, there is now CIMB bank. This is a Malayasian Bank that has recently expanded into Thailand. If you click on the hyperlink name, it will take you to the home page where you can check the ATM locations. Unfortunately as it is a newer bank, there are not many locations yet, but hopefully they are successful and spread throughout LOS.

Also with AEON and CIMB, hopefully the Thai public banks will feel some pressure to reduce or eliminate the 150 Baht fee.

with the way the exchange rate is going, every little helps! :|

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#124 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I found on the CIMB web site they have 522 ATMs in thailand but still not how to find them. I'm missing it somewhere.

OK, I'm slowly figuring it out. Looks like slim picking in Pattaya:

http://www.cimbthai....s/atm/5/20/136/
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#125 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Doesn't matter as the CIMB atm's do charge the 150 baht fee. Went by there today to try it out. AEON seems to be the only option now to avoid the fee and I wonder how long that will last. Went to Big C yesterday and the AEON ATM was down. Fortunately I do not wait until I'm out of cash before I replenish.

#126 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Can confirm Stonfre:s statement. Went in to the CIMB:s office in Patong Beach the other week to ask & they indeed charge the "scam" of 150BHT there aswell. Also their ATM:s only accept VISA connected cards as of now,no Mastercard etc.
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#127 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

There's a side here that no one is mentioning - the exchange rate on the other side. Before I had my Bangkok Bank account, when I used an ATM I got the 150 baht charge but my home bank charged me for the exchange rate and another fee for their having to deal with it. $12.00 USD.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#128 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Yep...the stealth charges are everywhere.

I rarely pay heed to my banking as i usually have a rough idea of where I am...stupid I know. :blush:

The good old Bank of Ireland charges me 10 Euro for a foreign withdrawal and limits it to 100 Euro per day to keep me safe. :redcard:

These days I take cash with cards for emergencies.
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#129 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:03 AM

More bad news, Kasikorn Bank has increased the foreign card ATM user fee to 180 Baht. It's only a matter of time until all the other Thai banks do the same.

:cnd:

#130 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

More bad news, Kasikorn Bank has increased the foreign card ATM user fee to 180 Baht. It's only a matter of time until all the other Thai banks do the same.

They went up from B150 to B180 during March earlier this year.

I'd already built the fees into my budget, but following that increase 6 months ago I now draw out more (the maximum) on a less frequent basis. It's worth ensuring your daily withdrawal amount set by your home bank is at maximum.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#131 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

I mostly used krungsri (30k limit) but didn't notice any fees lower than 180 last month (August). So it might be all of them.  A Schwab card will still refunds all these fees, though unfortunatly not their card for non US accounts.

#132 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

They went up from B150 to B180 during March earlier this year.

I'd already built the fees into my budget, but following that increase 6 months ago I now draw out more (the maximum) on a less frequent basis. It's worth ensuring your daily withdrawal amount set by your home bank is at maximum.

Bangkok Bank is still 150 Baht for the foreign ATM card fee. In addition you can withdraw 25,000 Baht in one transaction while most other Thai Bank ATMs limit is 20,000 Baht for one transaction. I would expect them to increase their rate soon as well.

:cnd:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci