Pattaya Bay Resort Review

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#13 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

I was just about to book them and a taxi but i thought i beter ask i normally have about 2 or 3 lb a night not going to pay them 1000bht extra plus any extras bugger that :? ill look into Lk
http://www.lkpavilionpattaya.com/ is right website ?

#14 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:42 AM

That's the place GMan, they treat you like a king and have no concern about how many are in your room. Just tip the nightime security guy on your first night, 200 Baht shall do it because that helps all of us in the long run.

#15 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

I just saw the website PBR not bad place just pity about the charge for the "extra guest"
http://pattayabayresort.com

They did not charge me for an extra guest. I brought 2 back my last night and was ready to pay and they said no charge. Perhaps they were feeling guilty about the tuk tuk being out of service.

#16 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:53 AM

I was there last week and had an LB come visiting when I was in loom with the teerak, certainly no mention of an extra charge. I was upgraded from a deluxe room to a 1 bed suite.
I am happy with the whole set up at PBR, the only exception would be to not cut off breakfast at 11am, I never used a single coupon.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#17 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:07 AM

Gman,

I'll let you in on a little secret and being the friendly sort that you are I'm sure this will be easy. Make friends with a couple of the other blokes in your hotel. Get to know their names and room numbers. When you show up with or are contacted by the front desk about three or more girls, you casually tell them "oh, yeah. the other one's for my good buddy Pentire in 206".

It's never failed me yet :wink:
I don't mind you coming here
And wasting all my time
Cuz when you're standing oh so near
I kinda lose my mind, yeah

#18 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

I enq about the PBR through there emal setup and they almost fully booked for july they can only put me in a smoking room and i told them I dont smoke (non smoking room ) so i think ill have to go with LK 1200bht is not much diffrence only thing i like is the special where u get one night free at the PBR if u pay 7 nights but what i got planned is like what dm said would cost me about 2000bht extra a night if they charged for my "guests" as i have a lot of lb friends and there always lbs with me i guess lk will have to do :D

#19 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

Also Gman, the standard rooms at PBR are half the size of the studio apartments at LK Pavilion.
I do like a plenty of space, especially when one has visitors :lol:

#20 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

One nice touch at the PBR from a security standpoint is when your guest leaves they call your room to make sure everything is ok before returning your guest's id card.

#21 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

Gman,

You can always got to MY favorite, the LK Renaissance. Tell 'em you know me. They'll discount the shit out of it for you. PT knows the place. We took a tour together although it was "way to posh" for him :D
I don't mind you coming here
And wasting all my time
Cuz when you're standing oh so near
I kinda lose my mind, yeah

#22 Guest_Eric1966_*

Guest_Eric1966_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

Just got back from a week at PBR - very nice, very clean, does what it says on the tin, non hassle upmarket, very good location.

Hop skip and a jump from La Bamba and Stringfellows and a stroll down to walking st and Soi BJ.

Restaurant a little spartan - only went there for the free breakfast, room service was good though especially the Thai food.

Pool is ok though as rooftop is a little small.

Taxi from airport arranged by hotel.

If you are not on a budget or it is your first trip to Pattaya - I highly recommend it.

#23 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the review... Just booked 4 nights in PBR :)

It was the Wifi/Quality of Rooms and Service in Email that did it for me, plus they picking me up from airport for a great fee :)

Can't wait... There from 16th December...

If any other LB hunters around those dates, PM me and perhaps we can hook up.

#24 mhk7840

mhk7840
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

I stayed at the PBR for 2 weeks about a month ago. I was never charged a joiner fee and I had 3 guests with me in my room. My only compliant was the water in the shower , either it was freezing cold or it was burning hot, couldn’t get it warm.

The location is excellent, the price was good. Motor bike rental next door (150 baht a day). The mall across the street is nice with bowling, cinema, restaurants. The hotel is close to 2end rd. I really liked the hotel, and will stay there again.
-Mike the American LB Hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci