Pattaya Bay Resort Review

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:46 PM

After staying at the PBR for 8 days I have decided this will be my future location in Pattaya until something better comes along. The price and location were excellent. 699 baht per night and if you stay 7 nights you get one free. The location did not seem that convenient until I found the shortcut though the shipping center that comes out near the McDonalds on 2nd road in front of Soi Yamato. Takes about a 5 minute walk to get to 2nd road. If the Tuk Tuk the hotel has is operational they will drive you to 2nd or Soi Buakow and you can call them to pick you up there when you are ready to return. The standard room while not large was plenty adequate for me. Nice and clean with an in-room safe (a requirement for me). It has a very nice pool on the top of the hotel, the same level as the restaurant so they can bring drinks to you poolside. I only have a couple of minor complaints. One is only water in the mini-bar fridge which forced me to stop at 7/11 or Family Mart for refreshments for the ladies. But I'm thinking that has to be cheaper than minibar prices. Another complaint would be the Restaurant hours. Closes at 22:00 and no room service after that either. Also breakfast had set hours which ends at 11:00 am. I was rare that I was ever up that early having sometimes arriving back at the hotel at 5 am. All in all for the price I can live with those few inconveniences. Oh, and they did not charge me for a 2nd lady the one night I brought 2 back to the room. I think their website says there is a 500 baht charge for a 2nd guest.

Previously I have stayed at the following hotels: The Whitehouse Condotel, The Dynasty Inn, Sandy Springs, all on Soi 13 and I’ve also stayed at The Residence Garden on Thappraya Road Pattaya (nice hotel but I was not thrilled with it’s location.)

#2 happyman

happyman
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

seem great value for money.

#3 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:34 AM

Sure at 699 for a standard, fantastic value I agree.
However, those are the low season rates and after October when the price doubles there are better rooms than PBR for a similar rate.
LK Pavilion for instance.

#4 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:39 AM

Or LK Renaissance, Soi Diana
I don't mind you coming here
And wasting all my time
Cuz when you're standing oh so near
I kinda lose my mind, yeah

#5 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for the other suggestions you are right about the low season rates and it is 999 baht not 699 baht. Sorry my mistake.

#6 stogie bear

stogie bear
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

A great hotel. I won't go to Pattaya unless I can get a room there.

#7 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

Glad about the review of this hotel first time staying there what the rates for a week there anyone know ?(including breakfast )?
and what they like if u take 3 lbs up for a night anyone had a problem with this at that hotel?

#8 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

The hotel has a great web site GMan and there is loads of info in this site already regarding PBR. You are entitled to take one guest back to your room however, any extra and you are expected to pay 500 Baht each guest.
Therefore Yourself plus 3 lb's = extra 1000 per night :(

#9 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

Cheaper to get a Room near by with aircon for 1 month ill have to have a look around when i get there
Dont want to give them uncessary money :cry:

#10 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:00 PM

LK Pavilion at 1200 per night may suit you and kliome is there now.
1200 per night for a large studio apartment so loads of room for your photography.
Big bed, easily sleeps three or even four :lol:

#11 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

I just saw the website PBR not bad place just pity about the charge for the "extra guest"
http://pattayabayresort.com

#12 mike3369

mike3369
  • Members
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:12 PM

Ah makes me mad when i hear about joiner fees !!! :evil: I told the Areca straight :evil: :evil: That place would cost me 5100b a night !! LK superb hotel defo my choice next time :D I take 7 LB and no fee :D ... Areca is a dump hard pillows and shit sound proofing , and the cunts on reception stink :evil:
The best things in life are not free , the best thing in life is being free...Thai girls are honest whores unlike all the dishonest white sluts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci