DELETED

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 cougar52

cougar52
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

Anthony, if you are going to Issan and need a business check this one out. Good luck Mate.
http://www.movethail...se--471-en.html

#62 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

DELETED

#63 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:47 AM

Sounds good , Stevie . Looks like you just need a job to keep you occupied and to earn some beer money . :D
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#64 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:31 PM

DELETED

#65 rafepix

rafepix
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

And then there is this ongoing story about farmer suicides form India: www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=42299. I think Thais are far too laid back to go to these extremes.

Similar to what someone else wrote, when I was there people just wandered around from house to house drinking and borrowing money. I had a great time probably because I stayed in a hotel and the women waited on me hand and foot. The poor women worked like dogs waiting on the men and the ladyboys. The men I guess work but I'm not sure when this is as most seemed to be just perpetually visiting and more than a few were drunk. It's funny the ladyboys are kind of in between as they don't seem to do anything except chase the young boys in the town. It kind of reminds me of being at my cabin except it is 24/7/365 and the neighbors drop by and never leave. This is fun for a few days but it would soon drive you insane.

Got lots of pictures but you can't post them to this thread.

#66 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Anthony, if you are going to Issan and need a business check this one out. Good luck Mate.
http://www.movethail...se--471-en.html

:shock: Do you believe Anthony was being serious with his threat of moving to the depths of Issan :?
Any anybody who is prepared to invest over £260,000 in what is probably a break even (at best) business is in need of serious attitude adjustment.

And I say to Steviep35 and anybody else considering the move east; have a trial run of a couple of months first.

I spent seven consecutive months living in Thailand during 06/07 and although it was immensely enjoyable and shall be repeated during the winter. There is also lot's to enjoy about both my home and neighbouring countries here in Europe. Happily I am in a position to fully enjoy the best of both worlds and shall continue to do so while that is the case :lol:

#67 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

Got lots of pictures but you can't post them to this thread.

Then start a new thread in one the sections where you can post em :?

#68 neung

neung
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

I posted on the other thread where the guys are betting on your chances so I won't repeat it all here...but I well tell you that I tried it mate...it didn't work...They are wonderful folks but lazy as shit...they drink beer and white whiskey and eat nothing but Isaan food and then sleep all day...there is no privacy...your can forget about all the great sex you've had with the girl in your BKK hotel room...it won't happen the one room shack that they call a house...cold baths...Isaan food 3 or 4 times a day...squat toilets...No one to talk with...You will seldom see another farang...

The longest I was able be stay at one time was 30 days or so...and then I invented reasons to leave...and like a fool I went back and forth like yo yo...until the string finally broke...

I will tell you that is was educational though...I learned more about the girls during my trips than I ever could staying in BKK...

But It takes a while to remove all the Isaan dirt from your clothes and body and your mind...but once it's finally washed away, you won't want to return again...

Cheers,

Kahuna

Kahuna
i read your post with attention and many things you said i not agree :shock:
not only because i am from Isaan also because is not fair to judge an important Thai province based in a unsuccessful relationship
i wonder if everything was ok between you and your girlfriend you write like you did :roll:
i respect your feelings i hope you respect mine

take care
neung

ps – Issan is much more closer as the post after yours – james taylor

#69 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

rafepix.
please start another thread with your isaarn pics, would love to see them.
maybe others will add to them.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#70 sublimefolly

sublimefolly
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:49 AM

hi eltel
it was a motorbike accident two years ago!!!
bo

I've just read this thread. And... I'm so sorry for you.

But you are now an inspiration: The falling in love, and getting 'hooked' with a LB does now seem after all to be sustainable.

Thanks!

#71 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

PJA wrote
In my experience, the majority of guys who like LBs are also promiscuous- like to play the field. Of the long term relationships that I know which usually break up at around a year- its the guy that walks to pastures new- bored with the old- looking for a fuckfest. And if thats what you like do it. Ive no problem with it. Its just maybe better to recognize this before you settle down and save all the heartache- and all that money- house car- pickup - fishfarm!

I know that describes me! Can't imagine that I'd ever last in a relationship with a ladyboy because I really regard them as sex personified - a "relationship" would be a turn-off and self-defeating for me. But than again I'm unfortunately a shallow, horny bastard.

I think it's great for those of you that can swing it and encourage you to try - but I tend to agree with some of the advice here that giving it a go in Bangkok or Phuket might be easier than in Issan. Don't think it would be healthy or increase the odds of success to be completely isolated from what you know and are comfortable with. And rice-farming definitely sounds a bit too idyllic....

#72 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

Kahuna
i read your post with attention and many things you said i not agree :shock:
not only because i am from Isaan also because is not fair to judge an important Thai province based in a unsuccessful relationship
i wonder if everything was ok between you and your girlfriend you write like you did :roll:
i respect your feelings i hope you respect mine

take care
neung

ps – Issan is much more closer as the post after yours – james taylor

Hello Neung...

What I have posted are my experiences and observations from a westerner trying to live in Isaan...and is meant only to suggest to anyone considering such a move to give it great thought...

I have seen photos of your Isaan home that you posted on another forum and it is nothing like the living conditions where I stayed in this very small village...The living conditions are very primitive and rustic...and it would take a very special person from the west to adapt to these conditions...

It is a large enclave of 5 homes...populated by 20 or so adult individuals plus many children of all ages who are all related by either blood or marriage... And not one of them had a regular job...They eat they sleep they eat they sleep and in between they drink white whiskey and beer...and they rely on their children who they have sent off to BKK and Pattaya to send money home...That's how they live...Every day..

I'm sorry if I have offended you by my description of my experience...But I suspect where you come from is much different...

And it is not an indictment of Isaan...I understand the importance of the Isaan area and its people to the Thai culture and society...

And I can assure you that my comments have absolutely nothing to do with the girl I was with...She was and is well aware of my my inability to live in Isaan...

Cheers,

Kahuna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci