• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#421 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

Day 12 cont...

After the last couple of photos, and the next few, you could be forgiven for thinking that I was on some kind of "dreadlock holiday". :D
Dawan was loads of fun, and proceeded to call me for the remainder of my holiday, just in case I was lonely and needed some company. :roll:

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#422 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

Day 12

During the early hours of the morning, I continued to debate what to do about Jenny, and whether I should send her back to Pattaya so that I could enjoy the spoils of Bangkok for a couple of days without her. Eventually I made up my mind, and told her I think she should leave later in the day. This went down like a lead baloon, resulting in an uneasy silence and Jenny crying her eyes out. She may have believed that she loved me, but I am a realist, and had no intention of ever getting serious.

Once we were both up & showered, we went downstairs with the intention of organising a taxi and immediately negotiated a decent rate with a Meter Taxi hanging around the front of the hotel. The driver asked what time do you want to leave, and Jenny replied straight away. We headed back upstairs to get her bags, and Jenny jumped straight into the taxi without speaking to me. I paid the driver through the window, then opened the rear door so I could attempt to say goodbye to Jenny and give her a 'tip' for her 'time", but she refused to take a single Baht.

Whilst in the taxi to Pattaya, Jenny called me, and apologised for the way in which she left. I attempted to say sorry for sending her home, and tried to explain my behaviour. I was genuinely sad the way it all came to an end, however in the same breath, I was looking forward to an evening or two alone, to meet with forum members and sample all that the Nana precinct has to offer.

Just about sums up Thailand there koykaeng , just too many to get round , even when you meet a special one you soon get itchy feet again :wink:

Great TR by the way 8)

#423 porkchop

porkchop
  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

In the evening, I jumped on the skytrain, and made my way to The Great American Rib Company (Sukhumvit Soi 36) where I met Stogie, Snick, TTChang, Kahuna, Katoeylover & Monkeyman.
The food there was excellent food, and can highly recommend it for a change from "fried rice with chicken". After dinner we piled into a couple of taxis, and headed back to the Guess Bar.

The Great American Rib Company, been eating here for a few years, the best place i have found in BKK for ribs.

Fantastic pics of Patty with dreadlocks KK, thats now my new screan saver :)

#424 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

Day 8
Doesn't time fly when you're having fun, been here over a week already...
Late afternoon, went for a stroll over to Soi Buakow to see what was shaking at Pooks Swan Bar. Jenny was still in Laos, so I really had no intention of barfining anyone else from the bar, but "man is not camel" and a few beers in the afternoon are always enjoyable. 8)

As per all my previous visits, no shortage of talent at this relaxed place. Keep in mind that this is a mixed bar although the ladyboys seem to outnumber the GG's. Speaking of GG's, this first photo is one the genetic girls from the bar...
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#425 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

Day 8 cont....Pooks Swan House / Bar

A few photos of the very cute Min

#426 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

Day 8 cont...

#427 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:39 PM

Day 8 cont...
As arranged, met Thegame925 & Rossco at La Bamba around 7:30pm for a pre-dinner drink or two. It was Thegame925's last night in Pattaya, so I wanted him to see another side to Pattaya before he departed.

I am normally content to survive on Thai food whilst in Thailand, however lately I've been dining at a whole range of international style restaurants, and have found the food generally to be very good, and the pricing particularly reasonable when compared with western prices.

I'm sure it can be very hit & miss if you don't know where to go, but based on my own experience and the recommendations of others, you eventually build up a repertoire of excellent places to dine, where you can be guaranteed of great food and ocassionally even service to match.

Left La Bamba, and headed to MANTRA for what was definitely the most enjoyable meal I had whilst in town. Mantra is located on Beach Rd, North of Soi 1, next to the Amari Orchid Resort which it's associated with.

http://www.mantra-pattaya.com/

There are actually seven separate kitchens in the place, enabling it to offer Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Western, Mediterranean, Charcoal Grill and Seafood on a single menu.

I'm sure Thegame925 & Rossco would agree that it was a memorable evening, with great service, excellent decor, perfect ambience & delicious food.

Whilst at the restaurant, Mardhi popped in for a quick drink and to finally meet Thegame925 before his departure the following day.

Given we were already in North Pattaya, after dinner we checked out some of the bars on Pattaya 2nd Road near Soi 2 &3 or thereabouts.

Quite a few ladyboys to be found in this area, alhtough the quality was somewhat variable.

I did however spot one very cute ladyboy at The Cosy Bar on Pattaya 2nd Rd (opposite Big C), who appears in the following photos.

#428 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

Day 8 cont...
Next up, we decided to head across to Soi 7 for a wander, where Rossco steered us towards a very noisy beer bar called Nice Bar 2. Initially I wasn't keen at all to even sit at the place given the noise, but as I started to look closer at these young "girls" gyrating, I realised half were actually ladyboys. :shock:

Refer Exhibit "A" picured below, which is indicative of the talent !

#429 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

Day 8 cont...
Left the incredibly noisy Soi 7, and headed back towards Soi 13/1 where Rossco and myself said goodbye & farewell to Thegame925, who no doubt had a mission to accomplish before leaving town the next day. 8)

Meanwhile, Rossco & I headed back to Naklua for a couple of late night refreshments at The Family Bar. :P

A few snaps of Sara & co. at the bar...

#430 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

Day 8 cont...

#431 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

Day 8 cont...
Next up, we decided to head across to Soi 7 for a wander, where Rossco steered us towards a very noisy beer bar called Nice Bar 2. Initially I wasn't keen at all to even sit at the place given the noise, but as I started to look closer at these young "girls" gyrating, I realised half were actually ladyboys. :shock:

Nice Bar #1 is located directly in front of Family Bar Naklua....There were a couple of nice ones there earlier this year....Cheers Donnykey

P.S. The one in yellow graced my room on a few occasions :D
Oh so happy when in LOS

#432 chopped

chopped
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

Thanks so very much for the great trip report and the even better pictures, lucky bastards doesn’t make me envious at all, yeah right.
Good on you at least some of us can have some fun while i am in Sydney with a hard on a cat could use as a scratching post! Do you think i could get some of those lovely ladies to sharpen their nails on it, ever so gently of course. :shock:
Good luck to you and thank you ever so much, think I have to go and beat off now, ho hum. :oops:
Steve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci