LB FRIENDLY PATTAYA HOTELS

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#85 essex boy

essex boy
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

hi sir pentire would u advise pbr then i only going to b there 5 nights or somewhere else i dont wanna pay no more than 1500 a night cheers

#86 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Sure, PBR is good enough, although the standard rooms are too small for my liking however, deluxe are fab.
I recently stayed 3 months at R-Con in Soi Buakaow, very satisfactory.

http://www.r-conhote...om/about_us.php

#87 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

I'll be in the R-con come the end of May, going on Pen Tire's recommendation.

I'd probably recommend the Areca Lodge for a shortish stay and a 1500 budget. Decent sized rooms, excellent location with nice atmosphere and facilities.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#88 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

I'd also give the R-Con a thumbs up, I spent the month of December there.

Problem some places have is noise and the R-Con is no exception, often caused by the marble floors. So if you get the choice take a room at the far end of a corridor so you don't get as much passing foot traffic, screaming and shouting and a few less slamming doors all through the night.

I had an end/corner room and so did pentire, we were at opposite ends of the top floor :)

Meum cerebrum nocet

#89 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

I was thinking of booking at R-Con, has it got a pool ? And being in Soi Buakaow...which I read on another post is meant to be a bit of a scary and dangerous soi at the moment..anybody know about this at all...thnx

#90 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

The R-Con does advertise a 'Pool Garden' on the website, which I assume means a decorative pond.

...which I read on another post is meant to be a bit of a scary and dangerous soi at the moment..

It's safe.

I've also read on another forum they have now added more tv channels.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#91 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:38 AM

I was thinking of booking at R-Con, has it got a pool ? And being in Soi Buakaow...which I read on another post is meant to be a bit of a scary and dangerous soi at the moment..anybody know about this at all...thnx

Felt more safe in Pattaya !!!!!!!!! Than i do walking to the shops 20 yards from my appartment. No chavs in Pattaya.

Might see a few Ladyboys with a fake burberry belt or skirt, safer than chavs in fake burberry caps

#92 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

No Pool at R-Con :?

Nothing scary or angerous about Soi Buakaow, infact it is a friendly sort of area with a huge ex-pat population living in many of those rooms over the bars, shops & Restaurants.
I would certainly not have any issues about staying in that area and it's good to hear that R-Con may have subscribed to more TV stations :D

#93 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:11 PM

thnx for the info guys

#94 essex boy

essex boy
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

kliome hi mate i got room 601 in rcon so if u could pm me your thai number i give u a bell when i get there on the 12th june i will b out and about around 18.00 cheers

#95 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

Any reviews on Bay Breeze on Soi 11/Honey?
http://www.baybreezepattaya.com/ rates 800-2500

#96 Josh69

Josh69
  • Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Any reviews on Bay Breeze on Soi 11/Honey?

DS,

The Bay Breeze hotel is not anymore what it used to be a few years ago. IMO, it's still a good place to stay with some tips...

For my last trip (January and first week of Feb), i went there several times (before and after my trip to Udon). I asked the receptionist that i wanted to move into another room; i was living with too many cockroaches :o (better avoid third floor!).

I also had a deluxe (really big room) but still some cockroaches (Fourth floor!). The air-con was "old style" and quiet big and noisy :?

Eventually, the last room was the best one at the seventh floor: No cockroach, nice view, modern air-con (not noisy), in better condition and the cheapest (800bht).

In all three bathrooms, black and white tiles were in bad condition. It can even be dangerous (i'm talking about broken tiles).

The lift was "out of order" several times, knowing you have only one lift :( and obviously at that moment i had my room at the seventh floor...). On the positive side, if you have some fat to burn it can be a good option ;-)

The safes are all out of order.

In some rooms it can stink because of old wall to wall carpet.

The parking (for motorbikes) is small but i always had some room.

On the other hand i enjoyed the small pool. First i thought (as everyone i suppose) it's too small it must be crowded ...and i almost always spent my time alone there; it's clean and nice.

The staff is friendly and efficient. The security officer is really efficient.

LB friendly, no extra charge even with two guests.

You have really hot water and a really powerful system to fill the big bathtub up. It takes only about 4-5 minutes. For those who have experienced the Jasmine hotel, it will be a complete change :lol:

You have wireless (wifi) in your room. It supposed to be only in the lobby but i enjoyed it in every room.

Prices on the website are not accurate, you can take 100 bth off, due to unusable safe i suppose.

And... a Great location!!!

If you are looking for a nice and cheap place to stay in that area, the Bay Breeze hotel is much better than the Apex hotel and the Lek hotel.
And if you can afford 1480 bht/ night, just go to the Dynasty Inn it's a really good option.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci