LB FRIENDLY PATTAYA HOTELS

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#61 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

TO be honest Phil, I thought it was very much a GG hotel, especially considering it's location amongst the Girl Beer Bars.

I think the Accommodation list needs a refresh, I haven't heard that many great things about the Sunshine and I think there are much better options in this price range.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#62 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

I'm checking this new hotel out called August Suites, just doing it's soft opening. It is just off second road junction (straight ahead) as your heading away from walking street.

Looks a very tastey gaff. There are a few areas not yet opened such as the bar, restaurant, poolside bar. These open in March. They look finished to me, but obviously going through final touches and finishes/testing etc...

At the moment price is 1600 baht city view and no breakfast, 1800 baht pool view with breakfast. I'm sure the rates change in March/April to 2000 baht for superior room and it is 4000 for an executive room at the moment and after soft opening.

Now I know what your thinking... I mentioned the restaurant wasn't opened till March.. The brochure in the rooms are saying that, but I seen someone carrying a try of food to the lift.. I will endeavour to investigate this one.

Also on joiners fee... another one I'm stumped with and need clarification, which I'll do later. I have been emailing this hotel with various requests for further informatio, as others have also. They said there was not and joiners fee if you bring one guest back, but if you brought more than that then it was 500baht per guest. You can only have 2 other guests in the loom with you incidentally.

Now.... From the emails to actually booking in today.. The guest relation instructions on the reverse of the registration document confirms the info contained in the email.... However, the brochure in the loom says ALL JOINERS will be required to pay 500 baht (max of 2)..Very strange. Not even sure if it is lb friendly, but I'm sure I'll soon find out.

All the best

Jacko

#63 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

Thanks Jackson, look forwrad to your feedback.

Can any guys recommend their favorite Pattaya hotel and why, so I can update the lists.

I've stayed in the same place for the last couple of years so I'm relying on you to keep this list up to date with good choices..

#64 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

Right lads, I'm talkin pish here and sorry for the confusion.. Hotel location is on Central road just past the junction to second road... The neon lights are on now ans I just got my bearings... hahaha.. go on then.. take the piss if ya must.. :D

Jacko

#65 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

Was just checking out their website Jackson - http://www.augustsuites.com/index.html

It does look a nice place that's worth looking at, so will eagerly await your feedback..

Can you ask them what their best monthly rate is?? I like the look of the place, but at 45k a month.. :(

Good work Jacko!

#66 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:37 AM

I stumbled upon Sunshine Hotel a few years ago on my second trip to Pattaya when I was unable to extend my stay at my first hotel and have subsequently stayed there two more times this year. I think Kliome is right, more of a GG bar on a GG street, although there are a few ladyboys working bars just across from the entrance to the hotel.

Works fine for me as the location is convenient, rooms are clean, there's a balcony with sea view for a smoke and a little outdoor fun, no joiners fee no matter how many girls you bring back each day, and the security is decent with respect to the front desk calling when a visitor leaves, the presence of a in-room safe, and the hotel's refusal to allow skanks with dodgy ID's in (this can be circumvented with a small tip to the bellboy for those who like to live dangerously :wink:). Cheap 24 hr internet cafe downstairs where you can plug in your laptop and plenty of street food, pharmacies, 7/11's etc within 20 meters.

By no means a luxury establishment and at approx USD 50/day for Residence Wing not exactly a bargain, but I tend to make travel decisions at the very last minute and in those circumstances have not been able to book some of the hotels which are more highly recommended here by other BM's (LK, PBR, etc.). I have been able to book Sunshine very late in the day on Agoda or, in the case last week, get a high-floor sea view room just pulling into the lobby at 1:00am.

But while the Sunshine is completely ladyboy friendly and carries no joiners fee, it would not meet the Pentire standard due to, amongst other things, the shocking absence of a douche hose (the shower head IS one of those flexible jobs). :lol:

#67 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

Thanks Crackerjax its good to know that it is an option in case I want to stay in that area .
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#68 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:01 AM

Is there any hotels similar to the jasmine very close to walking street but has a in room safe and Wifi?

swiss food hotel just just off waliking st safe you pay a deposit of 1500 baht as wifi too and 600 baht per night stayed their last week

#69 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

I can confirm Swiss Food hotel is worth visiting. I was there for 4 days, owner is nice Swiss guy Roland Jakob and staff is friendly. Rooms are ok, and location is superb. :) TS bar is 10m from entrance, Ezy 50m...

BR

#70 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for that onetruesaxon.

Looks like a safe bet for a shorter stay in Pats close to the action.

Not the most modern decor :?
But at 1500 a night, the roof garden suite with it's own roof top lounge and Jacuzzi looks like a good deal.

Here's their site - http://www.swissfood.net/

#71 Shaba

Shaba
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

Is there any hotels similar to the jasmine very close to walking street but has a in room safe and Wifi?

swiss food hotel just just off waliking st safe you pay a deposit of 1500 baht as wifi too and 600 baht per night stayed their last week

Was not so happy with Swiss food stayed there also in feb: my room , 2nd floor did not have hot water ( repeatidly asked owner to fix said yes but did not happen ) and loud noise from bar below until 4am.

Switched to Jasmine, for 200 Bth more per night far better venue in my opinion, only you need to pass the Ezy staff each time with your evening catch... ( or sometimes twice !)
the best way to overcome desire is to satisfy it.

#72 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:46 AM

Was not so happy with Swiss food stayed there also in feb: my room , 2nd floor did not have hot water ( repeatidly asked owner to fix said yes but did not happen ) and loud noise from bar below until 4am.

Switched to Jasmine, for 200 Bth more per night far better venue in my opinion, only you need to pass the Ezy staff each time with your evening catch... ( or sometimes twice !)

somtimes twice ? said you are more butterfly than me ha ha ha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci