• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#97 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

The Omni Tower on Soi 4 (Soi Nanatai) has a special for their executive studio right now if you reserve 30 days in advance for 1119 baht per night. Seems like a good deal to me. I've stayed there before but it has been several years ago and it seemed pretty nice and LB friendly. I took 2 LB's back one night and there was no joiner fee.

I was only once in Omni Tower, but did not like it there. The studio I got was run down and was in an urgent need of refurbishing. This was in August 2008. Since then I prefer to stay in Dawin - twice so expensive, but much much better.

Moreover, even if you get a decent room in Omni Tower, you need to take your LB through a flock of Arabic guys hanging out in front of the entrance and clearly expressing their disapproval.

Nick Bullseye

#98 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

Perhaps that is why the rate is so low. I stayed there about 5 years ago and it was not so bad then. But anyway an option for someone who is on a strict budget.

#99 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Recently received this from the President Solitaire on Soi 11:

May I take this opportunities enclosed Special Rate 2011, please kindly find and acknowledge as details below :

DAILY RATE

TYPE DAILY RATE

Executive Suite @ 43 sq.m (Stuio Room) THB 2,300 net / night

Premier Suite @ 50 sq.m (Studio Room) THB 2,500 net / night

Solitaire Suite @ 80 sq.m THB 3,200 net / night

(1 bed room separate living room)

Platinum Suite @ 74 sq.m THB 3,500 net / night

(1 bed room separate living room & with Jacuzzi & 2 Televisions

Term & Condition :

- This rate are from now till 31 December 2011

- This rate inclusive of Buffet American Breakfast (SGL / DBL)

- This rate inclusive of Tax & Service Charge

- Complimentary of Internet access in-room unlimited (Free of charge)

- This rate inclusive of Water & Electrical

- This rate inclusive of Daily maid & Maintenance service.

Best Regards,

Onusa Tapprapai / Jang

Sales Manager

President Solitaire Hotel BKK

A little bit more pricey than say Aspen Suites on Soi 2, but nice big rooms and a quiet location with better amenities, pool, gym and breakfast. Ladyboy friendly and no joiners fees regardless of how many you bring back.

#100 heelslover

heelslover
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

As i'm trying to book a room close to Nana, i want to ask the experts which one i should choose (of course, LB friendly, no joiner fee).

- Grand Lucky Hotel (6/2-5 Sukhumvit Rd., Soi 3 (Nana Nue))

- Maxim's Inn (131/21-23 Sukhumvit Soi 7/1)

- Eight Inn (15-17 Sukhumvit Soi 8)

- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 (Soi 9, Sukhumvit Road)
Nobel prize for the man who invented HIGH HEELS :)

#101 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

Ive stayed at the City Lodge Soi 9 two times,a few years back. Booking trough Agoda. My rooms where probably some basic double rooms as I can recall it. A bit early 80:ish in style & not fancy at all. I do not think there have been any renovations since then.
I choosed to try it mainly due to a good deal & the location,which is excellent. Sky train just at the door step (Nana Station). Remember it as quite noisy,but after all its straight on Sukhumvit & it was acceptable to me. Nana Plaza & Guess Bar just a short stroll away.All the after closing time action & fun outside the window. No joiners-fee. LB-friendly for sure.. :harhar:
Would I stay there again? Hmm..perhaps..if the price was suitable & other choices fully booked,because its not bad. But for about the same cost I would choose the classic Majestic Suites instead. 8)
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#102 heelslover

heelslover
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for your advise, MrDragon, but i don't know if i will choose Majestic Suites. The agoda price for the days i need a room are 20% higher than in Grand Lucky.
Now thinking also Maxim's Inn (131/21-23 Sukhumvit Soi 7/1), as the rooms in the photos look great (30sqm) and it's in Grand Lucky price range
Nobel prize for the man who invented HIGH HEELS :)

#103 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

Well,Maxims Inn looks good to me aswell. Never seen it or heard of it before as i can recall..The only doubt Ive got concerning that venue..would be how far down the soi & away from the actual Sukhumvit main Rd. its located..?

I noticed that Grand Lucky is on Soi 3. I would avoid Soi 3 at all costs. Due to the kind of people who use that area.. :ang3:

If you decide to stay at the Maxims. Please leave a note here when your back home,with your view..Always good with feedback. 8)
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#104 nono1983

nono1983
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

just to giveafeedback about ( Adelphi suites in Soi 8 )
good location & guesgt friendly
rooms are small
Ladyboy hunter

#105 nono1983

nono1983
  • Members
  • 16 posts

rooms are small
Ladyboy hunter

#106 nono1983

nono1983
  • Members
  • 16 posts

rooms are small
Ladyboy hunter

#107 nono1983

nono1983
  • Members
  • 16 posts

rooms are small
Ladyboy hunter

#108 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

If you decide to stay at the Maxims. Please leave a note here when your back home,with your view..Always good with feedback. 8)

I recently stayed at Maxim's Inn on soi 7/1 a few weeks ago and the Inn as now been completely renovated and looking more modern and upto date.

Soi 7/1 is just by Nana Skytrain and at the end of the soi. I had stayed 2 days in the Star Inn a little bit further up the soi earlier this year and I can say Maxim's beats it hands down for style.

An added bonus is Sweetheart Bar just across from it as a few LBS working there as well. As the rain came down in buckets I just had to step across the soi 2 seconds to Sweetheart Bar to pick up a bit of LB talent.

The hotel also as a nice restaurant as well and is LB friendly. Each floor is colour coded as well and as 5 floors in total

Standard Room 990 Baht and Superior 1190 Baht
  • Dante_ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci