Guess Bar staff picture

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#97 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:53 AM

Buying girls you don't want or don't like a lady drink is not a tactic I would ever contemplate using. That's the kind of practise that makes the girls all the more pushy in the first place and not take no for an answer. They think a guy will buy them a drink if they bug him enough, ultimately spoiling the visit. No

DC, you are far too experienced and been around enough to not give in for that, but i can see a new guy have difficulties deny the girls a drink. This was obviously Adventure Dudes first visit after all.

However if theres one place i wouldn´t expect the one-sip-and leave behaviour, it´s in GB. This is not standard procedure. The girls are the friendliest (if Jane isn´t there) and coolest on all accounts. Jenny is a great girl, even when she takes me to the cleaners at the pooltable.

AD, you were there on a bad night, sorry. Get back up in the saddle for an adventure.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#98 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:29 AM

I popped into Guess on Saturday in the early evening - perhaps 8ish. Been wanting to go for a very long time and for one reason or another never made it. There were quite a few girls there and most seemed busy with makeup or chitchatting with each other. There were maybe 2 other customers. Mardhi (I think) was shooting 3 girls in various poses in red blouse and khaki skirts. After a minute a girl came over and sat down. I chatted with her for a minute and feeling a bit awkward offered to buy her a drink. She was attractive and nice but not my cup of tea so to speak. A few minutes later Jenny came in and as I've been fantasizing about her for quite awhile I invited her over for a drink as well.

She seemed distracted and totally uninterested. After a few minutes she went off to use her phone. Hmmm... I continued to be polite to the other girl. Jenny came back and finished her drink being barely attentive. Stupidly I bought them both another drink. My bad. I really had been fantasizing about Jenny and wanted to get to know her a bit and maybe even have a romp that night...

The next thing I knew, after one sip of her drink, Jenny was off to sit with another guy who had recently come in (BEFORE I bought her the 2nd drink) and the other girl flounced off as well. There I was feeling like an idiot by myself with two almost full drinks and no girls. It didn't take 5 seconds to decide that it just wasn't gonna be my night. As no other girls were nearby, I took my check to the bar and politely instructed the bartender to take the last two drinks off my bill. To her credit (and Guess Bar's) she immediately agreed with NO discussion. Points for the operation for sure.

Had Mardhi not been busy, I would have introduced myself and offered to buy him a drink when I first came in. Since he was busy, I guess I should have stood up and said that I was a BIG SPENDER who has barfined as many as 4 girls (and one bar owner :wink: ) at one time. But I just left quietly. Will I go back? Certainly not alone. Perhaps to meet a known board member for a beer....

Interesting, I had been to Thailand a number of times but never stopped in BKK. Having read a lot about the various bars I finally made time for a few days in BKK. The first place I wanted to go was Guess. I stopped in about the same time and talked to a few girls until Jenny came over as I was also interested in her. We went to the couch in the back corner and I bought her and another girl a drink. Things got wild pretty fast as Jenny exposed me and was wearing a long dress with no underwear for my enjoyment. But in just a few minutes she drank her drink, didn't ask for another and went back to talk to the girls.

There were never more than two other customers in the place the whole time. For a while I was the only customer. So it was pretty slow. I really had gone there to get her but wanted to chat and have a few drinks. She seemed interested and then poof she was gone. BTW Jane did come by and lay down on the table seductively in front of me briefly trying to steal the show.

Guess that is what I get for making plans. I ended up having a drink or two in all the LB bars in Nana and pulled TeeTee from Cascade. So the evening ended quite well.

I will return to Guess. But as mentioned it would probably be better with a wingman. And probably not a good idea to have my sights set on just one girl I never met before.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#99 AdventureDude

AdventureDude
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

And probably not a good idea to have my sights set on just one girl I never met before.

Totally agree on that score. When I've had 'a plan' more often than not I've either abandoned it or was disappointed if I didn't have a previous encounter to go on. In this case I really wasn't specifically looking for Jenny when I walked in, but when she appeared, I had to at least give it a shot. No worries. Lots of fish in the sea and I'm sure at some point I'll end there again, just not in a hurry to go there as opposed to Cascades or the other Nana spots...

#100 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

Yep....In Life, the best things usually happen by chance.

I know looking for love in Bangkok takes away a fair amount of the chance thing but....you know what I mean :lol:

#101 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

... Lastly, buying them one ladydrink and telling them thanks but, no thanks is often a good way to make them go away, and save face.

Alternatively you could buy the unwanted one a drink ...

What? - Not sure I believe what I'm reading.

Buying girls you don't want or don't like a lady drink is not a tactic I would ever contemplate using. That's the kind of practise that makes the girls all the more pushy in the first place and not take no for an answer. They think a guy will buy them a drink if they bug him enough, ultimately spoiling the visit. No!!!

I'll only buy girls a drink if I like them, maybe also if they're a friend of my girl or a friendly past conquest.

Learn to say 'No' or "Mai ow krab" :roll:

Hi DC , the situation I was talking about was in Obessions on my first and only visit so far . I was ushered to sit in a seat by the back wall , I had a drink and was approached by a LB called Beau , she was nice but I did'nt fancy her . I bought her a drink and asked questions about the other girls and she was very helpful and also a laugh . Another called Monica would not take her gaze off me so when the Mamasan asked if I wanted to talk to her I agreed . I was then talking to two LB's who were very friendly so enjoyed it . I then asked about one I really liked called May and they arranged for her to come off the stage and made room so she would sit by me . Beau took the hint and moved away being very polite while I ended up taking both Monica and May away to the hotel .

Buying a drink for Beau was an investment which paid off , it was also early Jan so there was no shortage of customers for her or the others.
I hope I dont become so insensitive that I wont buy a girl a drink when I'm not really interested in having sex with her :P I also was'nt interested in Monica but her charm ( behave Sev7en) won me over .

I could have sat there all night by myself I suppose but I enjoy a girls company .
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#102 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:02 AM

ahh that obsessions is something else the pestering that goes on in there for ladieeee drinks is bordering on harrasment..had to blow town one night after been touched up for half dozen drinks

#103 Happychap

Happychap
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

Is Guess still operating? please can you give me address?

#104 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:18 PM

Happychap, Might I suggest a search on the forum for this, or perhaps even check out the really nice map of LB bars in Bangkok?

I thought that maybe we were forever finished with the "Where is Guess Bar?" question.

Some things never change.

:roll:
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#105 Happychap

Happychap
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

Thanks, I wll check out the map - I hope to arrive on Saturday so was wondering the best place in BKK you might recommene?

#106 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

Welcome to the forum Happychap ! :D

I could never find this bar either, I understand your frustration. :roll:

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#107 thedeno

thedeno
  • Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

Thanks, I wll check out the map - I hope to arrive on Saturday so was wondering the best place in BKK you might recommene?

Well, if you're arriving, I recommend the airport....it's big and new, with lots of pretty airplanes.....in fact, it's so great, you don't even need to go into the city itself. When you pass through Immigration, just ask them "in which terminal are the ladyboys?"

#108 eltel

eltel
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

ahh that obsessions is something else the pestering that goes on in there for ladieeee drinks is bordering on harrasment..had to blow town one night after been touched up for half dozen drinks

One of the reasons I don't frequent the place anymore.

I found the waitresses to be the worst.
Within seconds they were asking me to buy them drinks (as well as anyone within my vicinity).

A polite 'no' from me resulted in an insult and god knows what else they say amongst themselves.

I don't miss the place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci