• Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

DELETED

#86 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:30 AM

In most cases, the Mamasan would be your best bet to remove unwanted attention and can help you in selecting more appropriate company. In Guess Bar's case, that would be the lovely Jay.

I've also found that simply being poilite to the lady that you are not fond of and telling her that you have more "specific requirements" that she may not possess (large bust, large cock, very petitie, or whatever your criteria may be) and they will often understand and move on (and may even also help in your search).

Lastly, buying them one ladydrink and telling them thanks but, no thanks is often a good way to make them go away, and save face.

Your mileage may vary.

Auto
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#87 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:42 AM

#88 seacorte

seacorte
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

"In most cases, the Mamasan would be your best bet to remove unwanted attention and can help you in selecting more appropriate company. In Guess Bar's case, that would be the lovely Jay".

Thanks for the tip Auto.....
Would you think that getting up from your seat, going to find the mamasan, and chatting her up about the unwanted hostess sitting with you...and then the mamasan going over to tell Miss X to hit the road.......yell loud and clear to this hostess that she is unwanted?
I just want to avoid confrontations, at all levels, and enjoy the sights and sounds without feeling "attached" to the first hostess that comes around.

I suppose a polite "no thanks" would be better than lying!!
Hopefully, these hostesses are professional enough to honor a polite rebuff without going bonkers???

#89 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:24 AM

Seacort.

It wouldn't likely be as blatant as that, and if it were , then so be it. It is then the mamasan's issue, not yours.

At the end of the day, every one of these girls has been passed on by a customer, and can deal with it (even the superstars).

When confronted with a similar situation, I usually politely just tell the LB in question that I'm looking for someone else and that usually does the trick. Don't think you have to take the first LB that sits down next to you and chats you up. You're the customer and the customer is always right (unless you're a total asshole, then all bets are off).

It really is "up to you." Don't sweat the small stuff. You're more likely going to be worrying about what beauty to take, instead which one to get rid of.

Auto

#90 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

Alternatively you could buy the unwanted one a drink and then ask her opinion about some of the other girls that interest you . She may get the idea and offer to bring the one you want over .
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#91 deuce

deuce
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

Can't go wrong with a bottle of Singha....No other beer has that unique Chao Prya River flavour about it :lol:[/quote]
agreed. im a bit of a beer snob and for mine its one of if not the best SEA beers around . try it next to a tiger and see what i mean. cant say the same bout chang tho !
sorry for the random beer review post :)
the wisest man that ever was, when asked what he knew... replied that the one thing he did know was that he knew nothing

#92 AdventureDude

AdventureDude
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

I popped into Guess on Saturday in the early evening - perhaps 8ish. Been wanting to go for a very long time and for one reason or another never made it. There were quite a few girls there and most seemed busy with makeup or chitchatting with each other. There were maybe 2 other customers. Mardhi (I think) was shooting 3 girls in various poses in red blouse and khaki skirts. After a minute a girl came over and sat down. I chatted with her for a minute and feeling a bit awkward offered to buy her a drink. She was attractive and nice but not my cup of tea so to speak. A few minutes later Jenny came in and as I've been fantasizing about her for quite awhile I invited her over for a drink as well.

She seemed distracted and totally uninterested. After a few minutes she went off to use her phone. Hmmm... I continued to be polite to the other girl. Jenny came back and finished her drink being barely attentive. Stupidly I bought them both another drink. My bad. I really had been fantasizing about Jenny and wanted to get to know her a bit and maybe even have a romp that night...

The next thing I knew, after one sip of her drink, Jenny was off to sit with another guy who had recently come in (BEFORE I bought her the 2nd drink) and the other girl flounced off as well. There I was feeling like an idiot by myself with two almost full drinks and no girls. It didn't take 5 seconds to decide that it just wasn't gonna be my night. As no other girls were nearby, I took my check to the bar and politely instructed the bartender to take the last two drinks off my bill. To her credit (and Guess Bar's) she immediately agreed with NO discussion. Points for the operation for sure.

Had Mardhi not been busy, I would have introduced myself and offered to buy him a drink when I first came in. Since he was busy, I guess I should have stood up and said that I was a BIG SPENDER who has barfined as many as 4 girls (and one bar owner :wink: ) at one time. But I just left quietly. Will I go back? Certainly not alone. Perhaps to meet a known board member for a beer....

#93 Automorph

Automorph
  • Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Wow Adventerdude:

I'm shocked and surprised, as I've never had an experience in Guess Bar that was like that. It's always been quite the opposite with the girls all being friendly and welcoming. I guess everyone has a bad night once in a while, but don't let that sour you on the place.

What was done about your bill was the absolute correct thing for them to have done, and this IS consistent with how Jay runs her operation. Any problem typically goes right away when brought to their attention.

Auto

#94 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:57 AM

... Lastly, buying them one ladydrink and telling them thanks but, no thanks is often a good way to make them go away, and save face.

Alternatively you could buy the unwanted one a drink ...

What? - Not sure I believe what I'm reading.

Buying girls you don't want or don't like a lady drink is not a tactic I would ever contemplate using. That's the kind of practise that makes the girls all the more pushy in the first place and not take no for an answer. They think a guy will buy them a drink if they bug him enough, ultimately spoiling the visit. No!!!

I'll only buy girls a drink if I like them, maybe also if they're a friend of my girl or a friendly past conquest.

Learn to say 'No' or "Mai ow krab" :roll:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#95 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:34 AM

Bad luck there Adventure Dude, it really is a pisser when you buy a girl a drink and following a sip or two she has bolted :shock: It has happened to me many times, although usually with GG's however, Jane (Jay's twin) used to be good at that as well.

Fair Play to the bar tender of Guess Bar for adopting ''the customer is always right'' policy.....I suggest for that alone, you should give the place another chance! :idea: Perhaps a time when the staff are not distracted with trying on new uniforms which Jay had recently purchased. :lol:

#96 AdventureDude

AdventureDude
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, I was surprised given the great press Guess always receives. Agree that everyone has a bad night once in awhile. I certainly have my fair share. I'll probably give it another shot but probably won't go in alone. Had the bartender not immediately taken the customer is always right tack, I would NOT have even considered going back again. So like I said high points for Jay and her operation on that score.

One small thing about the interior that I didn't like - those annoying blue lights next to one of the couches.

Maybe my expectations were too high after the fabulous time I had at C&D. I guess I was kind of expecting that level of friendliness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci