• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#37 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

Costas
Rossco lives in Thailand :lol:

I have never been to Slim in Pattaya although twice I have visited the venue in RCA Bangkok but I would suggest it is the same firm because the Pattaya location was getting heavily advertised when I was last in town around late Feb.
Actually for a dance club 100 Baht is probably on the low side if you were to comapre it to Lucifers, X-Zyte and Marine etc. However, first it needs to establish it's self but I bet it's not 100 baht per beer in 12 months time.

#38 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

Lack of basic business principles is one thing but illiterate!

I LIVE in Thailand as opposed to just vacationing here. Add to that that my illustration was in UK Sterling and Baht not Cypriot pounds (I only mentioned Cyprus in passing).

You seem unable to grasp basic relative earning/pricing
(restated in local currency Baht for simplicity)

UK Thailand % Thai/UK
Salary 1,750,000 180,000 10%
Beer 300 100 33%
Gas 100 24 24%

So beer at SLIM is relatively expensive compared to other items and that may put off local Thai LB's and GG's going there.

The point was that if prices are high we do not see the locals at play which is what I thought we all wanted. It was not intended to launch a debate on Macro Economics and International Pricing.

On principle I do not like bars that get greedy - the retail cost of the beer is 18 baht so a mark up of 6 times is above average.

To even simplify it further there is the MacDonalds theory - take Big Mac price in each country - the relative proportion of prices to each other reflects the real exchange rate in terms of earning/spending.

If you not understand never mind - just come spend your money as you like - I enjoy watching others spend in short time what we residents enjoy long time. I must have done something right to afford to retire here - must have been my business acumen!

See you on your next visit - I am always here...

#39 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

Lack of basic business principles is one thing but illiterate!

I LIVE in Thailand as opposed to just vacationing here. Add to that that my illustration was in UK Sterling and Baht not Cypriot pounds (I only mentioned Cyprus in passing).

You seem unable to grasp basic relative earning/pricing
(restated in local currency Baht for simplicity)

UK Thailand % Thai/UK
Salary 1,750,000 180,000 10%
Beer 300 100 33%
Gas 100 24 24%

So beer at SLIM is relatively expensive compared to other items and that may put off local Thai LB's and GG's going there.

The point was that if prices are high we do not see the locals at play which is what I thought we all wanted. It was not intended to launch a debate on Macro Economics and International Pricing.

On principle I do not like bars that get greedy - the retail cost of the beer is 18 baht so a mark up of 6 times is above average.

To even simplify it further there is the MacDonalds theory - take Big Mac price in each country - the relative proportion of prices to each other reflects the real exchange rate in terms of earning/spending.

If you not understand never mind - just come spend your money as you like - I enjoy watching others spend in short time what we residents enjoy long time. I must have done something right to afford to retire here - must have been my business acumen!

See you on your next visit - I am always here...

i dont give a shit about 100 or 1000 or 100000 baht i am going to spend.i visit thailand 2-3 times a year because i like most of the things this country has to offer to me.massage, ladyboys, the sun ,beach, food etc.so i bring enough money with me and spend as match as i can.i like going in style.i leave the rest for the cheap charlies
So many ladyboys so little time

#40 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

You soon get around to knocking those who operate on a tighter budget.
Lucky for you that you have the disposable income Costas...Just a bloody shame that I shall not be there to help you spend it next month.
:lol: Anyway, I shall have a few beers with Billy in June.

#41 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

Won't touch this thread....

#42 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:07 AM

That's an expensive looking LB in your Avatar Kahuna :shock:

#43 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:37 AM

If i recall correctly from a GG forum on Pattaya, when Slim opened - it was only selling Corona beer and the price was well in excess of 200 baht a pop, maybe 250b - however dont forget, most Thai hi-so's dont drink beer. So the club was focusing on premium Whisky sales with bottles of Black Label etc going out at circa 2,500-3000 baht by all accounts.

Slim in Pattaya is something to do with the lady who owns a bar called supermodels or something similar in the same area. basically it caters to Chinese and Korean tour groups with couple sexy shows, expensive beer and well actually thats about it. Not a recomended venue for anybody IMHO.

So it would appear that Slim have found it harder to get the Thai market to leave 3rd enclaves where they congregate currently and venture onto 2nd road. So probably they have widened the drink market, started trying to appeal to farang and lowered a lot of the prices. Dont forget the average Thai approach, is that if somethings expensive it MUST be worth it (Think Mercedes, BMW, Rolex etc), so the original strategy was probably sound enough - except maybe they mis-judged just how many wealthy Thai's come down to Pattaya.

If they are selling beer at 100b a bottle, that is very cheap for the quality (perceived or otherwise) of the venue. Lets face it - a beer in JSB is a 100b and thats not even air conditioned. Once you add in the costs of DJ's, lighting, sound, the copious sized car park (on land that would sell for about 100,000b per SQ M) then the pricing is not at all out of sync and infact strikes me as very cheap. Thats not to say everyone will pay it, but then again, thats the choice of the customer. Today I had a breakfast in gregs kitchen and paid 195b for it. I could get something similar in Soi Bukaeu for 100b, but I know which one I prefer.

Cheers
Mardhi

#44 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

You soon get around to knocking those who operate on a tighter budget.
Lucky for you that you have the disposable income Costas...Just a bloody shame that I shall not be there to help you spend it next month.
:lol: Anyway, I shall have a few beers with Billy in June.

Ah I wondered how long it would be before the travelling urge struck again :twisted:

Cheers
Mardhi

PS and yes thats a very expensive LB in Kahuna's avatar - I told Jay she should keep her locked away, and especially when your in town :wink: :wink:

#45 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

That's an expensive looking LB in your Avatar Kahuna :shock:

Yes indeed she is Pat Tire...Expensive and very beautiful and a bit spoiled by me...She has been nicknamed by someone who's name we won't mention here as Ohmygod...

And Mardhi, good move...please have Jay keep her locked up until I return...

Seriously, she a a sweet girl who has yet to be tainted by the Bangkok bar scene...Her English is a bit lacking, but we didn't seem to have a problem communicating...She comes with my highest recommendation...FYI, she also has a full-time day job working in a beauty salon...No, I won't tell you where it is...

Cheers,

Kahuna

#46 ken2145

ken2145
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

Are there any good hotels to stay on or near RCA? Thanks for any infor you got. :D

#47 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:42 AM

Try this link...

http://wikitravel.or.../Ratchadaphisek

#48 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:52 PM

The good places for hunt, if you not looking for P4P from my experience and knowledge are:

1. "Dance Fever" and "Hollywood" clubs, and all the area of Ratchadapisek soi 4-6-8.
2. RCA area, especially when the clubs are closed,and hungry gals looking who they gonna fuck tonight.
3. Narcissus club Friday and Saturday nights and especially big events like Halloween, Christmass, New year Eve, Narcissus birthday party etc.
4. Sometimes Mystique(Thursday night) and Qbar.

Thanks for that info - I was taken to Hollywood by a couple of LB's from KC3 a few years ago, but never knew it was also a place to hunt. Took Natalie to Qbar once as well, but it didn't strike me as particularly LB friendly. Maybe I'll have a look around RCA this weekend. Is Slim good on a Thursday night? What happens at Mystique on Thursdays - free drinks for LB's????

Someone else on the forum also said that Bed has become quite LB friendly. Is that still the case?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci