Photo

Hot recommendation: Slim club at RCA

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#25 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

You soon get around to knocking those who operate on a tighter budget.
Lucky for you that you have the disposable income Costas...Just a bloody shame that I shall not be there to help you spend it next month.
:lol: Anyway, I shall have a few beers with Billy in June.

#26 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

Won't touch this thread....

#27 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:07 AM

That's an expensive looking LB in your Avatar Kahuna :shock:

#28 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:37 AM

If i recall correctly from a GG forum on Pattaya, when Slim opened - it was only selling Corona beer and the price was well in excess of 200 baht a pop, maybe 250b - however dont forget, most Thai hi-so's dont drink beer. So the club was focusing on premium Whisky sales with bottles of Black Label etc going out at circa 2,500-3000 baht by all accounts.

Slim in Pattaya is something to do with the lady who owns a bar called supermodels or something similar in the same area. basically it caters to Chinese and Korean tour groups with couple sexy shows, expensive beer and well actually thats about it. Not a recomended venue for anybody IMHO.

So it would appear that Slim have found it harder to get the Thai market to leave 3rd enclaves where they congregate currently and venture onto 2nd road. So probably they have widened the drink market, started trying to appeal to farang and lowered a lot of the prices. Dont forget the average Thai approach, is that if somethings expensive it MUST be worth it (Think Mercedes, BMW, Rolex etc), so the original strategy was probably sound enough - except maybe they mis-judged just how many wealthy Thai's come down to Pattaya.

If they are selling beer at 100b a bottle, that is very cheap for the quality (perceived or otherwise) of the venue. Lets face it - a beer in JSB is a 100b and thats not even air conditioned. Once you add in the costs of DJ's, lighting, sound, the copious sized car park (on land that would sell for about 100,000b per SQ M) then the pricing is not at all out of sync and infact strikes me as very cheap. Thats not to say everyone will pay it, but then again, thats the choice of the customer. Today I had a breakfast in gregs kitchen and paid 195b for it. I could get something similar in Soi Bukaeu for 100b, but I know which one I prefer.

Cheers
Mardhi

#29 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

You soon get around to knocking those who operate on a tighter budget.
Lucky for you that you have the disposable income Costas...Just a bloody shame that I shall not be there to help you spend it next month.
:lol: Anyway, I shall have a few beers with Billy in June.

Ah I wondered how long it would be before the travelling urge struck again :twisted:

Cheers
Mardhi

PS and yes thats a very expensive LB in Kahuna's avatar - I told Jay she should keep her locked away, and especially when your in town :wink: :wink:

#30 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

That's an expensive looking LB in your Avatar Kahuna :shock:

Yes indeed she is Pat Tire...Expensive and very beautiful and a bit spoiled by me...She has been nicknamed by someone who's name we won't mention here as Ohmygod...

And Mardhi, good move...please have Jay keep her locked up until I return...

Seriously, she a a sweet girl who has yet to be tainted by the Bangkok bar scene...Her English is a bit lacking, but we didn't seem to have a problem communicating...She comes with my highest recommendation...FYI, she also has a full-time day job working in a beauty salon...No, I won't tell you where it is...

Cheers,

Kahuna

#31 ken2145

ken2145
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

Are there any good hotels to stay on or near RCA? Thanks for any infor you got. :D

#32 Kahuna

Kahuna
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:42 AM

Try this link...

http://wikitravel.or.../Ratchadaphisek

#33 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

The guys that know SLIM in BKK - is this the same SLIM that opened in November in Pattaya? It is between 2nd Road and Beach Road near Soi 6 (I think - I will check)

I went there opening week and the place was empty - lots of staff good decor and loud music (techno) with a stage for bands/groups.

The beer was over 100 baht and service was poor as just opened. If the same group as BKK I hope it gets the same following from Pattaya LB's etc - the price of drinks may put them off. The bar has three bars in fact - one is a cigar bar - maybe encourage more smoking! Looks very up market.

For some odd reason the LB's in Pattaya seem to prefer a Kareoke session after work with a bottle of whisky - Thai style. Maybe BKK LB's are like all big city folk and different to the provincial ones.

#34 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

The guys that know SLIM in BKK - is this the same SLIM that opened in November in Pattaya? It is between 2nd Road and Beach Road near Soi 6 (I think - I will check)

I went there opening week and the place was empty - lots of staff good decor and loud music (techno) with a stage for bands/groups.

The beer was over 100 baht and service was poor as just opened. If the same group as BKK I hope it gets the same following from Pattaya LB's etc - the price of drinks may put them off. The bar has three bars in fact - one is a cigar bar - maybe encourage more smoking! Looks very up market.

For some odd reason the LB's in Pattaya seem to prefer a Kareoke session after work with a bottle of whisky - Thai style. Maybe BKK LB's are like all big city folk and different to the provincial ones.

100 baht for beer is too match for you?how match you pay for beer in your country?and if you dont like one bar finish your drink and of you go.
cheers :twisted:
So many ladyboys so little time

#35 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

Obviously never studied business. When In London I pay London prices, when in Las Vegas I pay Vegas prices and when I am Mumbai I pay Mumbai prices.

My comment is that 100 Baht a beer is RELATIVELY expensive for Pattaya.

You obviously do not understand basic Market Pricing

- price is based on what the market will bear

not some exchange rate converting your local price into another country. Take Gas for a car - here 24 baht a Litre - according to you it should be the same price as in Cyprus converted into Baht. Based on that I should pay over 100 baht a litre using UK prices as a base.

That should see most Thai's go out of business.

It is relative pricing to suit a market. In London I pay 4 quid (300 baht) for a beer and the local teacher earns 25K per annum (1,750,000 Baht) - unfortunately a teacher here earns 180,000 Baht per annum - a division factor of 10.

So if I was really not thinking I could say "Ah salary 1/10th so beer 1/10th so I will pay 30 Baht in Thailand".

Not so - as an educated man I state the relative price of what the market will bear (read Galbraith, Keynes).

So my statement stands - 100 Baht is expensive for a bar in Pattaya where competition is fierce and local spending power (LB's and GG's alike) is limited.

#36 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

Obviously never studied business. When In London I pay London prices, when in Las Vegas I pay Vegas prices and when I am Mumbai I pay Mumbai prices.

My comment is that 100 Baht a beer is RELATIVELY expensive for Pattaya.

You obviously do not understand basic Market Pricing

- price is based on what the market will bear

not some exchange rate converting your local price into another country. Take Gas for a car - here 24 baht a Litre - according to you it should be the same price as in Cyprus converted into Baht. Based on that I should pay over 100 baht a litre using UK prices as a base.

That should see most Thai's go out of business.

It is relative pricing to suit a market. In London I pay 4 quid (300 baht) for a beer and the local teacher earns 25K per annum (1,750,000 Baht) - unfortunately a teacher here earns 180,000 Baht per annum - a division factor of 10.

So if I was really not thinking I could say "Ah salary 1/10th so beer 1/10th so I will pay 30 Baht in Thailand".

Not so - as an educated man I state the relative price of what the market will bear (read Galbraith, Keynes).

So my statement stands - 100 Baht is expensive for a bar in Pattaya where competition is fierce and local spending power (LB's and GG's alike) is limited.

gasoline 95 is 55 cents here witch is about 65 english pennys
gasoline 98 is 58 cents here witch is about 70 english pennys
and gasoline 100 is 63 cents or 75 pennys.

beer in a bar is 3 cyprus pound aproximatly 4 sterlins
so 100 baht my friend is nothing.if you are crying about 100 baht you better stay home and enjoy the fog gold and rain of london.
cheers 8)
So many ladyboys so little time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci