Photo

New Ladyboy Bar being planned for Bangkok.....

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#37 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

Was back at the bar again on Saturday and things appear to be progressing nicely indeed. New floor had been laid, painting near completion, and construction of the bar counter and shelving well underway.

Here are a some photos taken on my initial and follow up visits to the bar.

Cheers
Koykaeng

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 afo

afo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

I arrive december 4 in Bkk, and i'm wondering if the bar of Jay
allready gonne be open?

And is it gonne be open for the midday only or in the evening also?

Can anybody tell me if Jane come to work with her sister or she stay at KC3?

And i'm right, that the bar is close to nana hotel and just a few minutes walk?

Looking forward to the reactions,

Take care Lb lovers!

#39 maximus

maximus
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:22 PM

Stunner! She looks great even when doing DIY.

Has a name been conceived yet for the new bar?

#40 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:29 AM

I arrive december 4 in Bkk, and i'm wondering if the bar of Jay
allready gonne be open?

And is it gonne be open for the midday only or in the evening also?

Can anybody tell me if Jane come to work with her sister or she stay at KC3?

And i'm right, that the bar is close to nana hotel and just a few minutes walk?

Looking forward to the reactions,

Take care Lb lovers!

There is a good chance that the bar will be ready by the end of November 2006.

My understanding is that the bar will be open both afternoons and evenings.

Not sure about Jane's plans, however she would certainly be a big draw card, thats for sure !

The bar is only a short walk from Nana Plaza, in the Sukhumvit 1 Beer Bar Complex.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#41 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:32 AM

Stunner! She looks great even when doing DIY.

Has a name been conceived yet for the new bar?

I believe a name has already been chosen, however not sure if it is common knowledge as yet.

Will have to ask permission from Jay before disclosing on the forum.

I don't want to steal her thunder, so to speak.......

Cheers
Koykaeng

#42 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:39 PM

For all those still unsure of the location of this new bar (currently under construction), perhaps these photos will help;

The bar will be located on the second floor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:43 PM

What a conveniantly located Guest House :wink:
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#44 Phillip69

Phillip69
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:55 PM

I dropped by the place last night to make sure it is was easy to find.

There seems to be quite a bit of work left to be finished. I would suggest using a bigger roller perhaps :?

Looking forward to opening night.

When is it??

#45 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:12 PM

I dropped by the place last night to make sure it is was easy to find.

There seems to be quite a bit of work left to be finished. I would suggest using a bigger roller perhaps :?

Looking forward to opening night.

When is it??

Opening night has not yet been confirmed although there is certainly a desire to open the doors before the end of this month.
Hopefully it will all come together in time.

Having seen the bar prior to any work commencing, things are progressing relatively quickly despite first appearances.

Will inform all members of an opening date once it has been set.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#46 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

I stopped in at the bar today with Jay and she was telling me the latest things. Seemingly the bar counter will be finished on 17th November awaiting for the granite guys to come in and do their stuff with the counter tops. All the sofa's have been delivered and Jay tells me the fridge equipment is coming in two days. She is having problems getting the bar stools delivered and so it looks like she will just initially open with regular bar stools you see everywhere pending delivery of the wooden upholstered bar stools to match the finish of the bar. I saw loads of Jim Thomson bags in the bar and upon peeking inside saw loads of different fabrics. Mirrors and lighting also goes in within a couple of days and already she has had all the glasses delivered.

She is 'hoping' to have soft opening around the 23rd November all going to plan, however she was telling me that not all the girls will start then as many will start after they have been paid on or around 1st December from their existing jobs. Looks like she will have 8 girls already for the soft opening. The bar will be open from 1pm in the afternoon and close whenever that complex closes.

The lady drink will be a rum based fruit punch and its priced at 100 baht I believe which is a nice touch. Regular beers will be 110 baht and they will have an extensive cocktail list as well. From what I could tell I think the barfine will be 500 baht. All in all, a different kind of experience to nana gogo's and cheaper as well. One thing she was telling me is that if a customer wishes to buy a lady drink other than the fruit punch, they are all sold at regular prices AND the lady still gets her commission. Finally a lot of spirits have been delivered already and they are all premium brands and no copies, so a Black label will taste like a black label.

Cheers
Mardhi

#47 Simon442

Simon442
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:03 PM

Sounds like Jay has her head screwed on and this could be a big success.

I think the key is making it a relaxed place to hang out and have fun, both with the girls and other like minded guys, and keeping it competitive on the pricing front. beautiful girls are also essential :D Opening in the afternoon is a great idea. That will certainly generate some business.

Sounds like it will be a soi 33 style bar. Only problem will be if it is a success and other parties, with more power and money, start to copy her model.

We all need to support her venture to ensure it's a success, and to shake up the existing market, which, lets face it, gets a little boring after a while.

#48 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:39 PM

I've just noticed this thread, why do I ignore sticky's thinking they've been there for ever? The whole concept sounds fantastic and the girls look even better. I like the idea of a cock tail bar and especially a venue open during the day. I get to BKK about three times a year, but often with the wife (on her business trip) this place would be great I can say I'd rather do my own thing during the day, leave her to her own business...and me to mine!!
We are in town in Jan, but with father in law, I can give one the slip but not two. I will be solo in March, so will definately check it out then if not before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci