Photo

Looking for advice: thinking of starting a ladyboy bar in KK maybe.

KhonKaen ladyboy bar opening bar advice

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#37 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

No, like he says, there are lots of late nite boy-toy bars and karaoke joints in pattaya (and presumably Bangkok and elsewhere) that provide rent boys to sex-worker ladyboys and ladygirls. Contrary to popular belief, these sex-workers don't really like old fat stinky hairy farangs buggering them and often, when they have money in hand, they will go find something that's more to their taste. Darly has told me she sometimes likes to get one of these little Thai rent boys and fuck him hard and long till he's crying and can't take it anymore. Maybe this is some kinda Lao revenge against the Thais or just Darly being Darly :) so back to the question, I don't think there is a not already covered business opportunity here for Rocket man.

That's pretty much what I thought.

#38 rocketrocket223

rocketrocket223
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Back on subject:

Thank you for the sage advice Batman.  It is much appreciated.

Your advice is sound and it would also allow me to see which attraction(ladyboy or lady) garners the most interest and perhaps move in the appropriate direction.  Problem is that KK is becoming more expensive, so, the idea to start small is also very good advice.

Thank you for stepping in and, hopefully, ending the off subject arguing Moo Yung.  Your advice and thoughts are always welcome.  

#39 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

I stayed in Khon Kaen a few months, the Farang beer bar scene is shite. Mainly expats that live there, you see the same faces in there all the time. There is only about half a dozen of these type bars. Most have a few GGs but a couple had a few LBs working in them as well. I can't see a dedicated bar would do well up there. If I was looking at Isaan I'd say Udon Thani has better nightlife and more beer bars. Last time I was up there I found a small LB bar outside the Day and Night bar complex. Yaya (ex Stringfellows/Sensations) was on the staff.

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#40 rocketrocket223

rocketrocket223
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Thank you Kendo.

Yes, the general consensus seems to be that it would be crazy to attempt to open up in KK

Udon Thani, huh?  That wouldn't be too bad.  It is adjacent to KK, so, maybe the wife would go for it.  

Still, I may just scrap the whole idea.  Seems I may just get myself in way over my head.

Perhaps the possibility of buying into an established one in Pattaya or BKK may be a little more safe.

Do you live in Thailand Kendo?

#41 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

ever considered Chiang mai?

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#42 rocketrocket223

rocketrocket223
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

Actually, I found that my wife would be open to living in Chang Mai.  We will actually be visiting the province when we return to Thailand.  I plan on doing a little "exploring" as well.  haha

Thank you batman.  I really do appreciate you taking the time to help and advise.

#43 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

Have you thought about something outside of the bar business?

Would you know enough to do something like exporting furniture?

You need solid and trustworthy contacts on the point of destination to sell the stuff to, but the advantage of doing something like that is that you wouldn't be chained to some shitty bar seven days a week.

You could approach that buying a shipping container at a time and then selling the load to a peddler in your home country.

There would still be a high risk to reward ratio, but it would be far less time consuming, than running a bar.

There are some furniture makers in the Chang Mai area that make cheap stuff to fairly decent reproductions of antique furniture.
  • rocketrocket223 likes this

#44 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

Here are some random ideas about bars, if you are outside of tourist areas.

Ditch the ladyboy bar idea.

Open a bar near a military base or police station and try to make your bar focus on getting the after work trade, a location near a factory would probably work too. You want to be sure that you are in a location that has sufficient people with spendable income.

Get some old Thai lady to cook good food and maybe have a karaoke room with a cute hostess or two, but I wouldn't focus on selling ass.

I think small bars/restaurants do best when they fill a need in their particular area. I'd keep it Thai style as much as possible, and if near a factory, police station, or military base, be sure to make it friendly to whatever group your are trying to draw in. Knowing when their shift changes occur and anything else that you can target their patronage with.

I met an Irish guy who runs a bar/restaurant across the street from a Thai Navy Base in BKK, and he did fairly good business with the sailors. He wasn't getting rich, but he was making a simple living.

His place was far from being nice, it is a crappy old building, but it was "the place" were the guys from the base would go for lunch and after work for beers.

I think the trick is finding a spot that needs a niche to be filled.

Personally, I don't think that I could handle being tied to a small business.

That Irish guy had a cheerful and hardworking young Thai wife, who seemed to be doing all the hard work. I doubt he could have ran that place on his own, but since you have a Thai wife, you probably have access to all her cousins to select employees from.

If you are running a ladyboy brothel, you won't be able to capitalize on probably your biggest asset, your wife's connections and knowledge.

You know that the family will be asking plenty, it goes both ways, they can help you by sourcing labor. You'd probably be cut-off from that if you ran a ladyboy joint.
  • batman4ever and rocketrocket223 like this

#45 rocketrocket223

rocketrocket223
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thank you for taking the time to help and offer sound advice Spyder.  Very much appreciated.

Yes, I have all but given up on the lb bar idea.  Perhaps even bars in general.

Most of my wife's family's contacts are in KK with a couple in BKK.  The family is fairly well off though.

I really do not have much if any experience in to import/export field, but, it certainly does sound intriguing.  I may have a friend in NongKai I can speak. too and , of course I would appreciate any and all info offered here at the forum as well.

Thank you again for your help and advice Spyder. 

#46 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Sorry to go back off topic, but about the boy toy karaoke, there are plenty around Patts. I've never actually seen a lb client in them though, but sure whatever, mostly older rich married Thai women and the bar fines and prices to buy the boys for a few songs are high. 1200 bar fine from a smaller club right off soi Buakhao, I never asked from the bigger places, so higher than soi 6 or the agogos that don't want you to take the dancers out. I think bar fines vary by the boy too. The price for the songs certainly does. Standard karaoke with the end of the bids ring the bell stuff. Full Man is one run by two LBs, notable for having a couple of foreign boy toys in it's lineup.

#47 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Sorry to go back off topic, but about the boy toy karaoke, there are plenty around Patts. I've never actually seen a lb client in them though, but sure whatever, mostly older rich married Thai women and the bar fines and prices to buy the boys for a few songs are high. 1200 bar fine from a smaller club right off soi Buakhao, I never asked from the bigger places, so higher than soi 6 or the agogos that don't want you to take the dancers out. I think bar fines vary by the boy too. The price for the songs certainly does. Standard karaoke with the end of the bids ring the bell stuff. Full Man is one run by two LBs, notable for having a couple of foreign boy toys in it's lineup.

There are thousands of places like that in Japan, even in smaller towns there is usually one or two. You always hear stories about housewives running up huge tabs at these places and then turning to prostitution to pay off the debt.

I think Jonnieb might be wrong about Thai bar girls not really liking fat, hairy, and smelly farangs. They always shout "handsome man" at every Quasimodo looking character waddling up the Soi with an armload of chicken kabobs.

Why would they lie about that?

I think someone should start a bar called the Fat Farang, staffed with the oldest, fattest, and hairiest farangs in Pattaya. Instead of coyote dancers, they could have gray ear-tuft dancers.

You'd probably need to open some kind of "all you can eat" restaurant next door to keep your dancers at their fighting weight.

The place would probably make a killing, the "all you can eat" place.

Attached File  image.jpg   45.12KB   0 downloads

PS

Can't save that picture as an animated gif for some reason, it totally ruined my gag. :( The fisherman in that neon sign is supposed to be flipping a constant string of fish into the fat farang's mouth.

#48 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

2 cents... I cant imagine a lb bar being successful in rural Thailand.

Punters like choice. bkk Patts and to a lesser extent phuket offer this.

Having one or two lookers in a bar will not drive traffic to some remote place.
It would be deluded to think otherwise.

Location location location and an edge is whats needed.

I like the concept of a krabi lb bar but to be honest i dont think the traffic is enough to make it work.
There are already a few lb working the bar strip and they werent getting run off their feet.

Perhaps Phuket has the most room for another decent venue. Only issue i see would be the high cost of breaking into the scene.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do.

Ps. jonnieb... You are a shit stirrer but i did get a chuckle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KhonKaen, ladyboy bar, opening bar, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci