Photo

Looking for advice: thinking of starting a ladyboy bar in KK maybe.

KhonKaen ladyboy bar opening bar advice

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#13 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Too bad it was at best common sense and at worst useless.

Too bad that, as usual, you have nothing positive to contribute.

• jaybee111, khaosphere and rocketrocket223 like this

#14 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

KK would be a complete non starter for a dedicated lb bar.   There is no passing trade to speak of and no business travellers.   so you are totally dependant on the local folk, be they Thai or foreign.    Not a chance of making it work, sorry to say.  

Possibly could work as a mixed bar but even those are marginal at best.    As other have said, the best lookers will go and work elsewhere such as BKK, Pattaya and Phuket.

Oh come on Mardhi, don't be so negative on the idea. There are some here who don't like negativity. We need to encourage this fella on his fool hardy idea...I mean, I'm sure the city fathers and the police will be delighted at the prospect of a farang opening up a tranny bar in their fair city. And don't forget, KK will be a hub on the new high-speed rail line from Bangkok to China so I'm sure many passing Chinese businessmen on their way to Bangkok will stop off for a hummer from a ladyboy. And don't forget that as this bloke says, he's scoped out the market and has determined that there isn't another ladyboy bar in town [probably lots but he can't read or speak Thai so doesn't know about them] so he'll have the market corned and the money will just come rolling in (for as he says, he needs it) and has obviously has never heard the yarn about making a small fortune in Thailand...start with a big one.

#15 rocketrocket223

rocketrocket223
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Thank you for that my friend

#16 rocketrocket223

rocketrocket223
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Now now.  In opening this post, I did open myself up to and encouraged all forms of advice and comments.  Even from cretins that lack the common civility and tact of average house vermin.  lol

None the less, the mixed bar idea seems to be the prevalent one.

As I said prior, this is just an idea and, seemingly, not a very good one(lol)

Thank you all again for your words of wisdom 

#17 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

The only way to truly know whether anything will ever work out, be it a business venture, a relationship, or a controlled 4-wheel drift around a corner in icy conditions in your Dad's car is by giving it your best shot.

• jaybee111, khaosphere and rocketrocket223 like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#18 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

The only way to truly know whether anything will ever work out, be it a business venture, a relationship, or a controlled 4-wheel drift around a corner in icy conditions in your Dad's car is by giving it your best shot.

Tried that a loong time ago.

Crashed.

• rocketrocket223 likes this

#19 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

I don't know that I would ever try a small business in Thailand, but if I did, I would try something like a unique restaurant.

Lots of hard work and long hours in something like that though.

I think a Peruvian style chicken shack would probably draw customers, even in a place like KK, but I doubt it would be very profitable.

Plus, if small businesses in Thailand are like they are in the West, most operate at a loss the first few years and then fail.

The failure rate for small restaurants and bars the the US is over 80 percent.

Coming up with ideas for restaurants and bars is the easy part, scraping together the start up money, and operating in the red for the first couple of years is the hard part.
  • batman4ever likes this

#20 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

And common sense advice and stupid racist drivel like no Thai men are trustworthy is?

In case you haven't bothered to look, all your employees happen to be Thai men! Or is this your way of warning us about the staff available in your bar.

#21 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

That was not only funny as hell, but it is also profoundly true. :)

If anyone is keeping tally in this pissing contest, chalk one up for jonnieb...

#22 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

That was not only funny as hell, but it is also profoundly true. :)
If anyone is keeping tally in this pissing contest, chalk one up for jonnieb...

It's been awhile since he's checked under the hood (bonnet), so to speak, so he may have forgotten :)

#23 rocketrocket223

rocketrocket223
  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Now now.  Let's not fight.  

Dixon, thank you for your philosophy, but, much like our friend Jimbo, I tend to crash as well.  LOL

Still, I am very thankful to everyone for taking the time to give advice and comment here.

Even the ones that seem to lack the social graces of ordinary swine.

Nonetheless, all advice, comments, etc are welcome here.

#24 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Now now.  Let's not fight.  

Dixon, thank you for your philosophy, but, much like our friend Jimbo, I tend to crash as well.  LOL

Still, I am very thankful to everyone for taking the time to give advice and comment here.

Even the ones that seem to lack the social graces of ordinary swine.

Nonetheless, all advice, comments, etc are welcome here.

It seems to me that the only one hurling around personal insults and engaging in ad-hominem attacks on this thread here is you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KhonKaen, ladyboy bar, opening bar, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci