Becoming an Expat

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#133 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

with fukashima spurting out radiation why anybody would go to japan is beyond me

#134 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

with fukashima spurting out radiation why anybody would go to japan is beyond me

With you spurting out rubbish, in an never ending pace mind you, its beyond me why people still visit the forum. 

• rxpharm, Platapuss and Spyder Rocket like this

#135 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

With you spurting out rubbish, in an never ending pace mind you, its beyond me why people still visit the forum. 

dick star are u aware of fukishima? didn't see the mutant flower images online this week near by good ol fuki?

japenesse girls are great, but the place has a nuclear reactor meltdown still melting on it.

#136 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

I'm hoping he gets banned again soon because the vast majority of his posts are trollish in nature.

The moderators have been more than fair to him, and I have little doubt that he will soon push the limits of their tolerance and get banned again.

As far as radiation danger from the damaged reactors at Fukushima, I don't give a shit.

The reactors aren't still melting as our neighborhood troll claims, and I'll be living in Tokyo and not in the grass outside the gate of the power plant, so his mutant flowers don't bother me either.
  • rxpharm and thailover57 like this

#137 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:07 AM

He did make me curious enough to go read what reliable sources are saying about radiation levels in Japan.

It isn't a concern for me.

Here are a couple of articles that I consider to be reliable:

U.S. State Department Travel Advisory for Japan

Retrieved from: http://us.jnto.go.jp....php?newsid=431

Post-Earthquake and Tsunami Situation

We are grateful for the warm support and thoughts from many people after the historic earthquake in Japan on March 11, 2011.
Despite Japan experiencing an unprecedented natural disaster in March 2011, the majority of Japan, including popular tourist destinations, withstood the natural disaster and rapidly recovered. The U.S. Department of State removed the travel alert to Japan on April 13, 2012, stating that "tourist facilities are widely available, except in coastal areas of Northeast Japan still recovering from the aftermath of the March, 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami."

International organizations such as IAEA and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, have affirmed the condition of the reactors as stable and safe. The U.S. government recommends that U.S. citizens avoid all unnecessary travel to areas described by the Japanese government on the following map (Japanese version map ).

The Current Radiation Level in Japan

Except for the neighboring areas near the nuclear power plants, there is no dangerous level of radiation detected in Japan. Tokyo is NOT within radiation contamination area, as it is located over 200km (124 miles) away from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant facilities. The radiation level in Tokyo is similar to that of New York City.

You can confirm the international comparison of radiation level here.

Government's Decision on Addressing the Contaminated Water Issue

In order to tackle the contaminated water issue at the TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power plants, the Government of Japan has decided, mobilizing expertise of all the government authority, to play a further proactive role in taking countermeasures against the issue. In this context, on 3rd September, the Nuclear Emergency Response Headquarters decided "Basic Policy for the Contaminated Water Issues at the TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station.(PDF) " Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) considers public health and safety as the top priority for international travelers to Japan, and continues to provide latest information from Japanese and international authorities and regulators.

At present, statistically-significant increase of radioactive concentration in the sea outside the port of the TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi NPS has not been detected. However, the Government of Japan will continue to pay the closest attention to the situation, make every effort to work on the contaminated water leakage issue, and provide information to the international community in an appropriate way.

Basic Facts on Influence of Contaminated Water

Influence of contaminated water is limited in the port of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants, which is smaller than 0.3km2 (74 acres). The government's monitoring system detects that the radiation level of the sea water stays below the standard of 10 Bq/L. The government's Nuclear Emergency Response Headquarters has issued the basic policy for the contaminated water issues here.
How is the safety of drinking water and food in Japan?

Products distributed to the public, including food and water, are rigorously inspected and approved by Japanese authorities for contamination safety. The Japanese government has instituted a food product monitoring system from the world's highest level of standard, screening over 412,000 agricultural products. So far, there are only 2,866 items (0.69%) has exceeding level of radiation, and these items have been already removed from distribution and disposed. The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare is disclosing results from the current radiation test on food and water here:

Tap Water: http://www.mhlw.go.j...ter_supply.html

Other food products:

http://www.mhlw.go.j...adioactive.html (updated daily)

Here is an article from a travel insurance provider that puts in in simpler terms:

https://www.worldnom...ideo-explaining

Again, I'm not concerned with radiation in Japan from the 2011 Fukushima partial meltdown.

#138 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:54 AM

I hope im wrong, really do.

#139 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

I was looking back over this thread and thought I'd provide an update.

I finally made it to Thailand and have pretty much settled in for a long stay. I was in Japan for most of last year and probably would have just stayed there, but the contract on the job I had didn't look like it was going to last much longer.

I heard Thailand calling me, so here I am.

I'm living in Phuket Town and it has its good and bad points. I'm not too thrilled with the roads and driving situation on Phuket, it's pretty damned dangerous on a motorbike, and driving a car isn't much better.

That's the worst thing about where I chose to live, I need a vehicle on this side of the island, more so than Patong or one of the other beach towns.

I can only take Patong in small doses, it's fun there, but it also eats your money. I'm trying to live a somewhat normal and quiet life, so this side of the island is a little better for me.

The brothels and bars of Patong are there when I feel the need for them, but I also want to keep a little distance from them. Still, I like the business aspect of prostitutes. You pay them for their time, and then you go your own way.

This side of the island has many non P4P GGs and even a few LBs.

However, it is damned hard to be a butterfly over here because you'll get caught if you try to juggle too many girls. It is really a small town despite all the hustle and bustle. Everyone knows everyone to a certain extent.

I've been trying to be honest with the ones I see. It's sort of working, but I'm sure I'll have to extract myself from a relationship at some point.

I do a fair amount of exploring and have a lot of side trips planned. I want to stay single to allow me to travel.

Thanks to all who kicked this topic around with me.

Cheers!
  • MrDragon, batman4ever and Christopheje like this

#140 guysnightlife

guysnightlife
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:59 PM

i havent heard too many good things about phuket, think there are better spots around

For more talk on ladyboys, hookers, and travel check out http://guysnightlife.com

And for all things trans visit LadyboyWiki.com

#141 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:32 AM

Spyder Rocket - thanks for your update and ongoing contributions to the forum! You took a hiatus for a while, and it is good to read your useful contributions to the forum!

• Spyder Rocket likes this

:cnd:

#142 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

i havent heard too many good things about phuket, think there are better spots around

That's a very broad statement, few things in life are so simplistic. It depends on what varibles an individual values the most when picking a location for a long stay.

Transportation on Phuket isn't good. Taxis are expensive, there is a cheap bus system that circulates the island, but schedules for it are non-existent.

Driving and motorbiking on Phuket are not for the feint hearted, it takes some getting used to. It might be the most dangerous place I've ever driven.

Transportation aside, I like Phuket. There is always going to be good and bad aspects of any location.

Spyder Rocket - thanks for your update and ongoing contributions to the forum! You took a hiatus for a while, and it is good to read your useful contributions to the forum!

Thanks Rx! Next time you are in country, let me know!

#143 guysnightlife

guysnightlife
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:30 PM

mostly people say rude locals/overpriced/taxi mafia/worst place for the 'land of smiles' fake thai personality

For more talk on ladyboys, hookers, and travel check out http://guysnightlife.com

And for all things trans visit LadyboyWiki.com

#144 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:35 AM

mostly people say rude locals/overpriced/taxi mafia/worst place for the 'land of smiles' fake thai personality

Patong can be described that way at times, but I'm usually wary of rubber stamping opinions of that nature.

Are you just repeating stuff you've heard, or have you been to Phuket?

There are other parts of Phuket that have what I'd call a "small town" vibe with genuine friendly people. Heck, I even encounter cool Thais in Patong on a regular basis.
  • rxpharm and MrDragon like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci