• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#145 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

i love Phuket... but have to admit that the traffic is a nightmare...an expensive one as well...but i got used to just stay close to bangla when i was there...so it was okay...but i was only there for up to 30 days at time... so i dealt with it....

Now Oh Works as a cashier in a restaurent/GG-bar in jomtien...so i will spend much more time there.... in fact a lot from NeXT year as i decided to buy a part of the place she Works... :)

according to my plans...i should be able to stay in LOS around 9 months a year...combined with a trip every 3-4 months for a month  back home where i Work like shit to make a extra Cash reserve . 8)

• MrDragon, Spyder Rocket and Surin like this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#146 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

i love Phuket... but have to admit that the traffic is a nightmare...an expensive one as well...but i got used to just stay close to bangla when i was there...so it was okay...but i was only there for up to 30 days at time... so i dealt with it....

There is nothing else to do but deal with it, right?

The roads and traffic safety are an issue in all parts of Thailand, but I'd say that it is magnified x10 in Patong and parts of Phuket Town. Out on the main roads the driving is a little tamer, but on the small Sois where the distances are compressed, most motorbikes and many of the cars are going too fast.

I want to experience more of Phuket than Patong, so I have to drive. On nights that I want to drink I just take a taxi or walk, but you have to keep your wits while walking too. Tourists getting mowed down crossing the street isn't uncommon here.

Let me know the next time you are in Pattaya, I've been meaning to go up there for a long weekend.
  • batman4ever likes this

#147 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:27 PM

My NeXT trip to LOS/Patts...will be in the end of NeXT month...... :)  its mostly a trip to negociate the last details about buying my share of the place where Oh Works.... but more important...to be with her as well :mrgreen: ....

but if youre around between october 19-25....then PM me.... :tada:  would love to share a beer or 5.... 8)

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#148 guysnightlife

guysnightlife
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

there is more you can do than deal with it, there are other places to live around the world :P

For more talk on ladyboys, hookers, and travel check out http://guysnightlife.com

And for all things trans visit LadyboyWiki.com

#149 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:05 AM

there is more you can do than deal with it, there are other places to live around the world :P

I understand that you are pissed at me for trashing your "Visa Breakdown" and the silly shit you said about opening a Thai bank account, but that was shitty advice you were dispensing.

You can snipe at me all you want, but if you want to be some kind of Thailand "guys nightlife" expert, you need to up your game.
  • rxpharm, batman4ever and dixon cox like this

#150 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

All good here in Pattaya, apart from a number of additional expenses making this a busy month ...

New passport (due to the other being full 4-years too soon), retirement visa extension renewed & transferred over, plus a re-entry permit, a much needed health check with full blood work done (because it's been too long -all ok). Just the flights home for my annual 2-week trip to the UK to be booked and that's the big spends over for a while. 

Thanks for asking  :mrgreen:  

How's life on Thailand's largest island? (colloquially known as 'Jimboland')   :angel:

I'm about to wrap up my first year in Thailand.

All things considered it went well. My biggest gripe about Phuket is the transportation issue. I'm more comfortable on the road now, but that's probably a bad thing. Phuket's next traffic fatality always seems to be only a few hours away. It's a lottery that I don't want to hit.

I don't go to Patong that often. The longer I've been here the more I see that place as trashy, annoying and ugly.

I quickly grew tired of the bar scene there and that is about all Patong has to offer. I stick to the other side of the island most of the time and only go to Patong to scratch a particular itch.

I'm headed back to the States soon for a visit and I'm going to float a few resumes to see what's out there. Even with taking Thai classes, I've had trouble keeping busy and I kind of found myself missing work.

I'm qualified to teach English in Thailand and I might try that for next year. I'm not really concerned with salary but I want a work permit.
If I can find something at a university teaching about 20 hours a week, I'll probably take it. I will not teach children so I'm going to be picky about it.

If all else fails, I'll do the retirement visa or the education visa.

Although, I've always had a strong desire to see China, and Vietnam, so I'll probably float resumes in those places too.

If I do come back to Thailand for another year, it won't be to Phuket.

I want to experience another location.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a fun year here, but I have the urge to explore another place.
  • dixon cox and Surin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci