Introduction and 1st Visit to Phuket Advice Sough

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#25 Mr. Doodle

Mr. Doodle
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Looks like I got hijacked on this one - LOL! Oh well, this is a "flame free zone" and was a great start to building relationships with fellow BM's. Special shout out to Surin Nix, Jimbo and all that made me feel welcome (and not too stupid). I'm sure my 1st trip to Phuket and 1st experience will be all the better because of everyone's patiience and helpful advice.

I will post a TR upon my return as I feel I owe to you gents...

Cheers,

Mr. Doodle
Knowledge is Good - E. Faber (Animal House)

#26 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Thank you for the kind comments Mr D. Much appreciated, and happy to help.

To think, you will be there warming a bar stool in just 5 days!
:rock: i'm really excited for you, my friend! Wish i could be there, but duty calls here in the Motherland. I hope we can share a few drinks sometime during your next visit.

You mentioned renting a motorbike on Phuket. I think that's a great idea. I do every single time....and the going rate is about $7 US per day, unlimited mileage. I do hope that you'll take your motorbike and visit my my favorite beach: Surin Beach. It'll take you about :15 minutes to get there. Easy. It's a beautiful little beach, with a really great little bar on the far end. Can't miss it, it sits on a rock outcropping and offers tremendous views, chill music, and the food's quite good. If you read my last trip report, you'll see that it's LB friendly, should you desire to take a girl with you.

You can rent a lounge chair and umbrella for 100 baht per person, ($3), for the entire day. I sometimes go alone, and sometimes take an LB...nobody will bat an eye. Im fact, if you go, look for the bar that is "all white"...waitstaff wears white, bar and seats are white. At night, with the warm glow of blue neon and the ocean as a backdrop, it's an awesome place to take a date. I went with an LB last trip, and was perfectly comfortable there....just a suggestion.

Have a great trip!

Nix

:fly:

Here's a few pics from Surin beach, as well as photo from the "19th hole" bar, located next door to C&D's. i've taken both the LB in the blue dress, as well as the girl next to me ("Sang") in the group photo.

Attached Files

Nix

#27 Mr. Doodle

Mr. Doodle
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

wow- yet another great suggestion from SN! I must say, in the 1st of the pics, the lady in the white dress is just my type...

#28 CL

CL
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Concur with Petesie. Patong is such a small place; hit Bangla Road, find Soi Croc and go with the flow, alternatively start at C&Ds and say hi to Jim if you need daddy to hold your hand.

Also check out the cabarets Moulin Rose (soi Croc), Simon in Patong and Simon Star and Aphrodite in Phuket Town. Also Kiss Bar and Boat Bar in Soi Paradise in Patong have cabarets. If you like that kind of thing.

#29 Mr. Doodle

Mr. Doodle
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Although I appreciate your recommendations, I thought it was uncalled for to offer Jimbo as the "Daddy hold your hand" alternative. I was reading this forum for awhile and saw a lot of respect and admiration of Jimbo as being a great guy to meet and have a good time with - someone who seems to be a very gracious host and sensitive to the newcomers.

I look at Jimbo as the guy to say hi to, have a few beers and laughs and hopefully gain some wisdom from...

#30 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Although I appreciate your recommendations, I thought it was uncalled for to offer Jimbo as the "Daddy hold your hand" alternative. I was reading this forum for awhile and saw a lot of respect and admiration of Jimbo as being a great guy to meet and have a good time with - someone who seems to be a very gracious host and sensitive to the newcomers.

I look at Jimbo as the guy to say hi to, have a few beers and laughs and hopefully gain some wisdom from...

youre spot on... :rock:

always a good idea...especially for 1-timers in the bar to meet up with Jim and have a drink...it DOES send a signal to all the girls in the bar :butterfly:
and yore welcome to use my bar-stool while iam stucked back in the salt-mines...just leave some cold Singhas for me :D

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#31 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

[/quote]youre spot on... :rock:

always a good idea...especially for 1-timers in the bar to meet up with Jim and have a drink...it DOES send a signal to all the girls in the bar :butterfly:
and yore welcome to use my bar-stool while iam stucked back in the salt-mines...just leave some cold Singhas for me :D[/quote]

I'd be careful about that. I've sat on the Bat-stool before. It's just so....sticky. :shock:

I think CL was just joking. He is truly one of the devout, and as a regular to Phuket, is certainly no stranger to C&D's. I've shared a few drinks with him there and beyond...and i can assure you he'd be the first to make a newcomer feel welcome.
Nix

#32 Mr. Doodle

Mr. Doodle
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

i apologize if I took CL's comment too seriously; hard to tell if it was humor through the words written. Certainly don't want to start any drama here...

Okay Batman - I'll keep your seat warm provided of course the stickiness is removed :D

Finally finished up with the business BS that's been stressing me pretty much all week and can finally relax for an enjoyable visit! Whew, big relief. :fly:

#33 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

i apologize if I took CL's comment too seriously; hard to tell if it was humor through the words written. Certainly don't want to start any drama here...

Okay Batman - I'll keep your seat warm provided of course the stickiness is removed :D

Finally finished up with the business BS that's been stressing me pretty much all week and can finally relax for an enjoyable visit! Whew, big relief. :fly:

enjoy your trip mate....iam sure you will :rock:
remember topost some pics :D

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#34 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Sherberts or Herberts... :mrgreen:

A ladyboy named "Herbert?".

This, I gotta see! :?:
Nix

#35 CL

CL
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Although I appreciate your recommendations, I thought it was uncalled for to offer Jimbo as the "Daddy hold your hand" alternative.

No offence taken guys.

It was indeed meant as a compliment both ways (kid in a candy store, daddy of all daddies in Patong, et al.) :D

After 5 years, nearing 40 trips I am still grateful that on my first ever I strolled nervously into C&D, asked for Jim to hold my hand and take me on a walk along candy lane. You couldn't ask for a better daddy, trust me :D

Have a lot of fun either way

#36 Mr. Doodle

Mr. Doodle
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

Must admit, I was a bit nervous at first, or; rather, excited. Not sure as those emotions are so closely related. It was a wonderful experience though. Had the time of my life with Jimbo (such a gracious, intelligent and warm host). Can't think of a better "Daddy"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci