Petesie's PI Trip Report

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#25 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

Nice work Petesie, it is always fascinating to see reports and everyday photos from the less traveled places.
We laugh because it is true.

#26 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

We arrive the hotel (again recommended by the mates PI GF) ans alas I find is well below par; I’m not a snob but this place is run down and has the usual Asian type bed which the cheeky receptionist tells me is Orthopedic…

They are charging us 75 quid a night here and there is no fucking way it is worth anywhere this..a similar place in LoS would be worth 1000 bt Grrr.

The cheeky bastards on reception insist there is no refund and I smell the proverbial rat and a rip-off.

I’m tired and hungry and it’s started raining so I can’t be asked so I think fuck it we’re here now so lets get on with it. We enjoy some nice Chinese food in a Hotel on the beach strip and meet up with one of her cousins for a fair few bottles of Red Horse which does just the job.

Attached Files

"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#27 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Nice work Petesie, it is always fascinating to see reports and everyday photos from the less traveled places.

Thanks for that BB. I'll fully admit I arrived here not in the frame of mind I usually do which ultimately had an effect on the quality and outcome of my trip... 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#28 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Nice reporting.

Certainly agree - accomodation in Phils relative to LOS is substandard and overpriced. Bedding is FUCKING TERRIBLE.

I still love the place however :D

As for your trip to Kalibo instead of Caticlan, I've done the ride as well. I really quite enjoyed the ride and seeing the beautiful countryside.

I don't know if things have changed but SEAIR was the only airline flying to Caticlan due to a spate of crashes at this airport that services Boracay. 8) I gotta say, before the ban taking off and landing at Caticlan was a hoot in the Cebu Pacific turbo prop. (PS the recommended safe take-off distance for these planes was greater than the runway length) :clapclap:

#29 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the comments Azza mate. 8)

I usually budget around 60-70 quid for accommodation which usually covers all my requirements in LoS, the PI is as you say not of the same standard and way too high for what it's actually worth.

My GF stayed here 2 years ago and noticed the prices were nearly double since then. This is down to their targeting of the SEA market and this was obvious by the Korean/Taiwanese tour groups floating around.

The ride from Kalibo in an air-conditioned bus was pleasant enough though slow taking around 3 hours; the countryside is beautiful but the abject poverty witnessed along the way was not pleasant to the peepers.

The Cebu Pacific operate new Airbus A320's out of Kalibo and I would say they are on their take off limits too; not only that they taxi into the stand, so when full up again they turn the aircraft round nearly 240 Degrees with one wheel not moving forward before they are in a position to exit the stand...didn't look safe to me. 8)

#30 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

I agree with all of the above. After staying at the LK Legend in Pattaya for 1800 baht per night, which included a terrific free buffet-style breakfast, it makes anything in The Philippines pale. We had a huge room with a comfortable bed, large balcony, kitchen facilities and a great bathroom with both big tub and shower. We had the use of a beautiful swimming pool, pool table, ping-pong and a fitness center. I don;t think you can even come near that here in P.I., unfortunately. The tourist slogan says, "It's more fun in The Philippines". Sorry, but no it's not. Having said all that, the fact that I have Angel here makes it all worthwhile. :D
Actually living the dream.

#31 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ferdinand Marcos has a lot to answer for. He syphoned off so much wealth that should have been used for development. It is disgraceful that he was allowed to get away with it.

I was holidaying in the Maldives many years ago & became very friendly with the president of one of the world's largest construction companies. He told me about secret Swiss bank accounts his company set up in order to pay bribes to Marcos. I asked him how much was involved.

"100's of millions of dollars" he replied. I remember him saying Marcos was completely unreasonable always wanting more. In the end they stopped paying him because they couldn't deal with his greed.

#32 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

The live band at the O2 bar is very good as are the fire dancers so I’m happy with the entertainment. I tip the fellas 500 pesos and they are well pleased. It’s Happy Hour from 6-9 at this place so given the amount we drank I figured it was worth it. I also spot one of ours floating around so she is duly noted.

A kebab to go once we’re suitably shitfaced and it’s off for the Loom and the usual drunken sex...my favourite!

The noise from outside kicks off around 6am and it’s relentless, I’m way too tired to do anything about it till 11am, I then get up and pack. Fuck this.

I inform them I will be checking out today and they give it the usual crap of no refund and show me their own policy; not a bother, I ring Asia Rooms and tell them I am altering my booking, they tell me I will only be charged for the one night and they ring the Hotel manager, he is not amused and voids my bill and grudgingly accepts one night only from me. Fuck him.

Attached Files

#33 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Ferdinand Marcos has a lot to answer for. He syphoned off so much wealth that should have been used for development. It is disgraceful that he was allowed to get away with it.

Not just him mate, it's the fucking lot of them.

I've a buddy who worked out of Malaysia/LoS/PI for many years as a civil engineer who told me of so many roads he'd surveyed then went back to check on completion to discover they all had not been completed as the local Head Honcho had stepped in and had his mansion and private road built and took the rest of the cash.

Everyone knows who they are but no-one will stop them for fear of reprisals. 8)

#34 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Doesn't matter where - did a project in Sri Lanka just before the Tsunami hit. It was like people came back at various times and said, I saw roads with tarmac and they started building them, and then another one came back and said I saw cell phones when I travelled and they started working on that and stopped the roads, and then someone said... Nothing got finished excepr for garbage on the main roads in 100 degree weather.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#35 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Nice work Petesie .

That wardrobe doesn't look very practical though :nonono:
Where your friend you ?

#36 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

Nice work Petesie .

That wardrobe doesn't look very practical though :nonono:

Not the issue mate, didn't give a toss about shite like that but 75 quids worth...not a fucking hope. 8)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci