438 replies to this topic

#25 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Interesting stuff DC I love reports off the usual well beaten tracks.

Cheers Soulboy, it's nice to getaway from the usual fleshpots sometimes and see a bit of real life.

I had a great time - Wish you were here :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#26 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

Grasshopper you have taken the pebble from my hand and far exceeded anything I have done in Cambodia :!: :!: :thumbs:

Enjoying the report and looking forward to more.

Thank you Master Po, I have much more to report on my travels, both recent and ancient :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#27 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hope you'll still be in asia in February - if so, stop by Pook Soi 6 on Feb. 3rd, would love to see you again and catch up.

Great start. I'm eager to hear more about the slums...

Unfortunately I won't be able to make that date for the GOTC II as I'll still be stuck in boring Farangland earning the dough for another long trip starting 2nd quarter of next year.

The slums of Stung Meanchey were unforgettable, but for some are much improved since the garbage dump closed and changes and support have taken effect. It comes much later in the report, so stay tuned.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#28 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Nice refreshing change of tact from the normal TR.

Looking forward to the rest and enjoying the improved photos. :pic:

Thanks PTB and I;m glad you're enjoying it so far. You'll have to come over for a few days and meet me there next year :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#29 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Very enjoyable so far. Not made it to Cambodia yet other than an in/out border run. Next visa trip is up to Laos but will keep PP in mind for the future. Was the embassy there reasonably user-friendly DC? Penang are a bunch of cnuts at the moment. :tantrum:

#30 Premier

Premier
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

Fantastic stuff DC, I love Cambodia and i always manage an excursion to Phnom Penh for 3 or 4 days every time I holiday in Thailand. The gg's and ladyboys of Cambodia just don't have the stone cold professionalism that their Thai equivalents do which I find mightily refreshing from the madness of Bkk and Pattaya. I could easily spend my entire holidays in Cambodia.
I'll be spending a week in Phnom Penh from 27 Jan onwards if any BMs are about.
Bumblebee will you be in PP during this period? I have always admired your contributions to this board and would love to shout a few drinks.
Cheers
Premier

#31 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Looks like the next few weeks are going to be great with something new to look forward to every day... :clapclap:

Love the pics which capture the realism and flavour of your travels DC. :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#32 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Was the embassy there reasonably user-friendly DC?

I've never visited an embassy here as the local travel shops deal with visa renewals on your behalf, you only ever need to make a visa run if you've already extended your tourist visa once already. You can usually pick your freshly stamped passport up the next day if you drop it off early enough, plus different types of visas can be extended the same way at differing prices.

You could arrange a tourist visa ahead of time by applying safely online via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. If you haven't been before this can save the sometimes rather confusing queues and lines for visas on arrival too.

Regarding the British Embassy for applications for Khmer's to visit Britain, they unfortunately send them on to the British Embassy in Bangkok to be processed and, as we already know, they are very rigorous.

I will cover more details and prices about this later on in the thread.

• snoop-dawg likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#33 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

Fantastic stuff DC, I love Cambodia and i always manage an excursion to Phnom Penh for 3 or 4 days every time I holiday in Thailand. The gg's and ladyboys of Cambodia just don't have the stone cold professionalism that their Thai equivalents do which I find mightily refreshing from the madness of Bkk and Pattaya. I could easily spend my entire holidays in Cambodia.

Many thanks Premier 8)

Unfortunately I won't be back until maybe May 2012 or thereabouts, but I hope to be staying for a good few months again when I get there.

Judging by your previous posts on Cambodia, I gathered you liked it :mrgreen:
.. and you're so right about the Khmer girls too, far less business-like (mostly) than the Thais.

Not being a heavy mongerer the fact that the nightlife isn't so rampant in Cambodia suits me just fine, but I could understand why some guys would be disappointed as they're so used to Thailand and the ease associated with finding and getting a ladyboy into bed.

In a strange way, it's more like dating in Cambodia than prostitution :D

Meum cerebrum nocet

#34 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Looks like the next few weeks are going to be great with something new to look forward to every day...
Love the pics which capture the realism and flavour of your travels DC. :D

Thanks petesie 8)
.. but it could be months not weeks :o

I have tons of information and pics :mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#35 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

One great thing about having so much time on your hands is the pleasure of just sitting around people watching, or taking a long walk and soaking up the local flavour. I did both alot and thoroughly enjoyed it, to me it's what my travels are about.

Sipping on a cold drink taking in the views from the Circuit Cafe, Street 154.

Attached Files

• Attached File  2315.JPG   150.73KB   8 downloads
  • Attached File  2319.JPG   136.63KB   8 downloads
  • Attached File  2320.JPG   132.06KB   11 downloads
  • Attached File  2324.JPG   149.41KB   8 downloads

Meum cerebrum nocet

#36 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

As is commonly the case with the Thais, when walking in Cambodia the Khmer's can't fathom why we wouldn't want to take a ride in their carriage or on their bike, so they always call out to you just in case.

Khmer: Moto?! ... Tuk-tuk?!
Barang: Artay arkon (no thank you), nyom darleng (I stroll)
Khmer: Barang darleng ...

In Khmer (unlike Thai) there are no tones in the language and it is far easier to speak, although the words still need to be pronounced correctly and there are many similarities to Thai, but minus the tones.

Attached Files

• Attached File  2325.JPG   163.06KB   9 downloads
  • Attached File  2328.JPG   148.04KB   8 downloads
  • Attached File  2329.JPG   251.15KB   9 downloads
  • Attached File  2330.JPG   155.73KB   7 downloads
  • Attached File  2334.JPG   119.21KB   7 downloads
  • Attached File  2336.JPG   156.18KB   9 downloads

• snoop-dawg likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci