Snap shots of the travels of the rooster

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#25 rooster74

rooster74
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Here are some snaps from Cambodia. Siem Reap was nice, not so much the city but the temples were good to see. After Siem Reap caught a mini bus along mainly dirt roads that are bumpy to Phnom Penh. I wish I knew about where to find LB's when I was in Cambodia. I saw one or two but didn't know where the bars were. I never really felt at ease in Cambodia. At night the streets are very dark. I found one Tuk tuk driver who was not a bad guy and showed me around a little bit. I met him on my second last day so he couldn't show me the night spots.

I haven't ruled out going back to Cambodia. See what happens.

Attached Files

#26 rooster74

rooster74
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Some pictures of Phnom Penh.

Attached Files

#27 rooster74

rooster74
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

After Cambodia I moved on. 2009 I went back to Thailand and even ventured into Malaysia. I spent most of this time mainly with pretty GG's. I was having a good time but something was missing. I have some photos of my travels in 2009, Patong, Ko Samui then to Malaysia, KL, to Penang and back to Singapore. I really like Penang. Excellent KTV experience. KTV is located about 50 mtrs from the SOHO bar near the Malaysia Hotel. Penang photos to come.

#28 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

A nice trip around Asia Rooster, keep up the good work. :clapclap:

#29 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Good to see some shots from outside Los. Thanks for taking the time to post Rooster.
We laugh because it is true.

#30 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

Good reporting there mate with interesting pics along the way!

Divorce ain't a bad thing which seems to point us in the general direction of a path we should have perhaps taken earlier, I reckon it cost me 15 years...bugga!

Keep them coming Rooster! :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#31 rooster74

rooster74
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for the comments.

This TR will be on hold until mid Dec. I am hopping on a plane today. Sydney - BKK via Thai Air.

Might see a few BM's in the next month.

Good bye AUS on my happy way to LOS. :D

Will keep the pics coming on my return as I won't take a computer with me.

Regards

rooster74

Attached Files

#32 Pad Thai Boy

Pad Thai Boy
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

Nice reports and photo's Rooster.

Nice to see some around town shots.
Anything SEA floats my boat. :D

#33 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

I went from PP to Siem Reap in March 2008 and the road was mostly paved. Now it is reported as "The road (National Route #6) is paved and smooth" FWIW.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#34 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Now it is reported as "The road (National Route #6) is paved and smooth" FWIW.

I took the bus back from Siem Reap in July this year and the last 20% of the journey to Phnom Penh took as long as the first 80%. The roads were not complete at that time and it was a frustrating final 1½-2 hours.

Judging by the amount of road work remaining at the time I doubt it would be completed this year.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#35 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

Great report I hope you pick it back up when you get back home. Really enjoy checking out some of the less typical places. I feel that I am about ready to stray of the beaten path so the vicarious experience is a nice push in that direction

#36 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Now it is reported as "The road (National Route #6) is paved and smooth" FWIW.

I took the bus back from Siem Reap in July this year and the last 20% of the journey to Phnom Penh took as long as the first 80%. The roads were not complete at that time and it was a frustrating final 1½-2 hours.

Judging by the amount of road work remaining at the time I doubt it would be completed this year.

Sorry, my bad. Info from the usually reliable Canby Punlications.
http://canbypublicat...ap/srtransp.htm

Carry on...
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci