Fox News

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#25 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

can't say I agree. Most media is very liberal so fox being neutral (not including Beck, which is not news,) it seems very right. If you choose to get your news from comedy central, to each his own

#26 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

Comedy central is as good as the rest if not better. Sometimes presentation is everything IMHO.

#27 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

Most media is very liberal so fox being neutral... it seems very right

It's not an illusion...it is very far to the right. You must be part of the 1% :D

I long for the days when news organizations weren't so politically motivated. Maybe it never existed anywhere other than my memory.

#28 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

can't say I agree. Most media is very liberal so fox being neutral it seems very right.

Well at least were not all liberal commie pinko fags :harhar:

I've heard Fox called some things, but never neutral before.

I think Aljazeera is the pick of the international news stations.
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#29 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

can't say I agree. Most media is very liberal so fox being neutral (not including Beck, which is not news,) it seems very right. If you choose to get your news from comedy central, to each his own

--------------------------------

Jayarr, don't miss this splendid and rare opportunity to agree with the Yanks!
Nix

#30 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

I'm a little stunned to see someone say Fox News is neutral. In the UK we have a slightly more subtle version of Fox News in Sky News, which would be more plausable being labelled neutral, but even then it would need a little stretching of the facts. As an outside to the USA viewing fox along side the world news networks it comes across as one of (if not the) most to the right.

Travelling around you get to see a lot of new channels and the only one which regularly crops up and appears neutral and of a high quality is Al Jazeera.

I always get the impression that a lot of people in the west think Al Jazeera is evil, associating it with terrorist and 9/11 - partly because their name sounds like Al Qaeda and has funny writing, and partly because it is usualy the network which gets to broadcast the Taliban video releases first :D

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#31 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

I think a lot of folks in America judge Al Jazeera on the name alone and have never even seen it. Fox and Al Jazeera are the primary english speaking news channels on TV where I stay in Pattaya. I quickly get sick of the so called "fair and balanced" Fox. I tend to watch it a bit to keep up with news from back home. I like Al Jazeera but get tired of all the middle eastern coverage after a while. But anyway, who goes to Pattaya to watch TV?

#32 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Interesting that you mention Al-J, Kliome.

On more than one occasion I've been in a hotel room, clicked over to an engaging news story, and thought "this is a nice change from CNN & Faux News". Their english was too impeccable, and their broadcasters much to attractive to be British, so it took a few moments to realize I was watching Al-J.

If Al-J waved a right-wing flag the way Faux News does, it would be truly terrifying, but I have to say, they do a pretty good job.

But you know, for authentic "fair and balanced" reporting, I have found no better source than The Onion. Here, you can read about the important issues of the day in a matter-of-fact format with an intense focus on objectivitiy. Though, the editorial commentary is typically well-considered, and well-researched. Have a look:

http://www.theonion.com/

Nix

Attached Files

Nix

#33 filbert

filbert
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

I tend to like the slant put on the news in The Daily Mash, some of it is quite funny:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- Plato

#34 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Nix,

I used to regularly browse The Onion and watch their youtube channel, it's brilliant, wickedly funny. I seemed to have forgotten about it at some stage. I'll put it on my favourites list again, cheers!

I'd never heard of the mashup, but taking a quick glance it looks like the a British version of the onion. Thanks for that Filbert.

Still, neither of these are quite as outrageously funny as Fox News.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#35 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

It´s political correct to like Al-Jazeera.

Jayarr, i know you're joking :D

#36 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

I didn't mean to cause a fuss. Enjoy your msnbc in peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci