• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#13 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

Check this out. ( if you're american , don´t ) :D

Why should we americans, not check it out? I don't understand.

#14 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:05 AM

Because its a swipe at one of USA biggest and most popular networks.
To qoute Letterman: " Remember when we used to laugh at Fox"

#15 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:11 AM

I know how much Stonefre dislikes Fox News, we've already had that drunken converstaion late one night in La Bamba :D

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#16 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:01 AM

Yeah, don't assume because it is from america, we like it. If that were the case Obama would never have gotten elected. Fox news is showbiz, not news anyway.

#17 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

There is a Fox Network and Fox News Network. The Fox Network gave us the Simpsons and the Family Guy. Fox News gave us Bill Orielly and Glenn Beck. :argh2:

Thankfully the Simpson's are coming back for 2 more seasons, Glenn Beck is not :D

Fox News appeals to a certain demographic in the USA. I've always hated that when in Thailand, Fox News was the only US news network I could find on TV. I shudder to think this was how we were represented to the rest of the world. Everyone seems to dislike us already - no need to make the situation worse by broadcasting those yahoos around the globe.

#18 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

I shutter to think this was how we were represented to the rest of the world. Everyone seems to dislike us already - no need to make the situation worse by broadcasting those yahoos around the globe.

I completely agree with my fellow Yanks Brothers Hoot & Stonfre on this one.

I can't stand Faux News.

This so-called "news" organization is ultimately a business and nothing more. They have determined that there's big money in fanning the flames of the American ideological divide. One of the things we Yanks seem to love is having somebody of an opposing political view to really hate. I am amazed at the uncanny ability of some to wrap their personal world-views around the crap they are spoon-fed by the likes of Beck and O'Reilly.

It's a vicious and ugly cycle.

Watch Faux news.....and get pissed off by the latest thing your political opponent has done, or is doing.......oh, and now a word from our sponsors......now, let's us return to the likes of Glen Beck who reminds you of why you should be pissed off......but first, a word from our sponsors.

It's revolting, and it's hardly news. It does not speak for all Yanks.

....except maybe a certain silver-haired gentleman from...... 8)
Nix

#19 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

....except maybe a certain silver-haired gentleman from...... 8)

Arizona.....yep that would be right :D

#20 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

I always thought Fox news was a scetch show, pushing right wing facist parody to the limits.

Despite only representing a minority(?) of the USA public, it does appear on just about every 4 star hotel tv world wide. What's even more scarey is that it's strangely addictive in an ironic/moronic way.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#21 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Fox News was the only US news network I could find on TV. .

Yeah, and one lb i knew was interested in news from other parts of the world, and she was left with this. She had no idea what i was talking about trying to explain why she shouldn't watch it. She just said " it news from america, why not?"

It's revolting, and it's hardly news. It does not speak for all Yanks.

I agree, but its scary how many americans watch it and consider it as fair and balanced news. Maybe not New Yorkers or Californians, but Bubba and his wife/cousin Sammy Jo in Kentucky take it as facts.

#22 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:38 AM

I am just waiting for Fox news to run a telethon to raise more money for the rich. :lol: Oh, perhaps that is what they are doing now.

#23 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

I also hate Fox Noise. We must be a bunch of liberal commie pinkos here. :D CNN use to be widely available in Thailand until the last coup. They don't seem to have recovered from that...
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#24 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

I also hate Fox Noise. We must be a bunch of liberal commie pinkos here. :D CNN use to be widely available in Thailand until the last coup. They don't seem to have recovered from that...

At least you didn't say "liberal commie pinko fags".

whew.
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci