Koh Samui

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#13 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

I was spending more time in Samui than Pattaya 4 or so years back, would be interesting to see how things have changed.

What put me off was when they started over developing areas, such as Koh Tao, and the Chaweng/Phangan scene was dominated by families and backpackers. It also started getting a bit pricey and hotels seemed to be become less 'guest friendly'.

I do miss the beach there and even the shit cabaret which wa sworth a peek.

I never did the train, but I did the coach/boat a few times (but it takes the wind out of you). Trian sounds like th best option, the flight prices are silly money for an internal flight, compared to when I last went, unless you fly to Surat Thani and get the boat still.

Would be good to hear more on current the LB scene there.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#14 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

Sounds like you enjoyed the overnight train, mate -- good to hear! And it was never in doubt that you were to be in good hands.

But yeah, sounds like maybe you aren't in line with the "expert" opinions about Chaweng being the only place to be... ;-)

Looking forward to the rest of the report... especially your local training regimen...!

#15 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

Good to hear some info from Samui, it just does not seem to feature much on the LB circuit. Redrock I presume you are with the B man down there. Keep the reporting and some photos coming. :D
We laugh because it is true.

#16 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

I presume you are with the B man down there. Keep the reporting and some photos coming.

That's right bb. He's talking about coming up to Patts to catch up with you. Hopefully I'll be back for a week too.

Getting a bit pissed off with Chaweng lads. I'm used to Pattaya where you can stroll down the street with a six footer in a mini skirt and not be that much of an oddity. But here, with all the young backpackers, couples and teams of 20+ lads, I feel really out of place.
New town tomorrow and I'm reliably informed it's got the best action on the Island. If you know where to look.

#17 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

We're grateful for this report Redrock, Samui seems to be the forgotten destination so far as ladyboys are concerned. it's been ages since I was there, maybe 15 years.

#18 Thailand-junkie

Thailand-junkie
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

#19 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

[quote name="redrock"][quote]New town tomorrow and I'm reliably informed it's got the best action on the Island. If you know where to look.[/quote]

Lamai?

#20 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

quote]Lamai?[[/quote]

Yes mate, Lamai. And the training regime is...slow. But there is a regime.

#21 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:38 AM

[quote]quote]Lamai?[[/quote]

Yes mate, Lamai. And the training regime is...slow. But there is a regime.[/quote]

That's what I was trying to tell you the other night! But I couldn't get a word in edgewise... :tantrum:

#22 trousersnake

trousersnake
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

I used to go to Lamai back in 2005. There is a ladyboy cabaret (Banana Boat bar / Zodiac bar) in the main street (only one main drag). I'm sure it is still there. At the time it was run by a post op LB called Lisa. They had a nice big crew of ladyboys and you dont get stared at in Lamai like you do in Chaweng. Many of the old Didi Bar girls came from the Lamai Cabaret - Rose, Patty etc.

I found Pattaya and never returned to Samui. Would be great to hear your thoughts on Lamai :rock:

Lisa in the white -

http://paulstott.typ...1fotopicnet.jpg
HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

#23 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Great info trousersnake, thanks for that. I'll check it out tonight.
I'll ask my mate to bring his camera, try and get a few choice photos.

#24 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:33 AM

Ho ho ho rockers me auld sun... Hows it hanging surf n turf?
I finally got round to getting online here after an awful time with the internet. Nice to see you posting about Samui.. I gather cheweng is not the place we both thought when e were talking last.. Let me know about Lamai in that case matey.. I still have time to make plans and listen to your advice fella..

Hey, you keep your chin up out there and mince about as much as you like, ye hear.....? hahaha!! I hope to spend many a more trip with you laddie, I enjoyed our times out and about... But I need to get back to ''BabyDolls'' haha!

Laters buddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci