Koh Samui

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Just a quick brief on Koh Samui guys. I'm on the island at the mo and it's pretty good. I'd say it's definitely got what most guys on this forum are looking for. I got here by overnight train from Bangkok. Then bus and ferry. It took a while but the journey was actually quite relaxing. And it was cheap as fuck. About 1400bt all in for 1st class. If you're on a budget you could go 2nd class and get it cheaper than that.
A friend of mine - who is into our thing - has been showing me around and he knows all the hot spots. The Island has everything you need but without the constant fucking hustle of Pattaya or Bangkok. The only pain in the ass is all the young falang wankers and backpackers. But they all seem to be in Chaweng. I'll try and get a few phots to give you all an idea but - in my opinion - it's definitely an option for our kind of activites.
Oh, the beaches are cracking as well.

#2 runnervxr

runnervxr
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hello Redrock!
I was in Samui few years ago. Let me say that in those days I felt as bad as hell (a very stong food intoxication) and I didn't wander much around. As far as I know, in Chaweng I spotted some LBs just after Mango Street (coming form the "centre" of Chaweng). They were cute, and the genetic girls were just average. But my impressions of "averageness" probably were connected to my feeling sick. For good luck, few days later I healed, just on time to leave Samui and hit Patong ;-)!
For the beaches, in Chaweng were nice in the morning and terrible in the afternoon (probably with the high tide some stream was taking the sewers back home to the coast).
I'll attach a picture of the beach.

See ya
Franz

Attached Files

#3 eddy1925

eddy1925
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Was in Samui in 1985. Got there by Bus from Bangkok and afterwards with a Ferry. Have to walk from Busstation to the Ferry by appr. 4 km. Stay there in "Rainbow Bungalows". Not sure if they still exist. Was with (in Pattaya called "Baht Bus") drive around 20 minutes from harbour. I only know it was opposite Site of the Island from Lamai and Chaweng. The Owner's son was real gay. Every night he took another boyfriend. But it was very calm. I slept in a small bamboo hut 10 metres away from the water. No Nightlife at all. Day starts with Sunrise and ended by latest 10p.m.

#4 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

I was spending more time in Samui than Pattaya 4 or so years back, would be interesting to see how things have changed.

What put me off was when they started over developing areas, such as Koh Tao, and the Chaweng/Phangan scene was dominated by families and backpackers. It also started getting a bit pricey and hotels seemed to be become less 'guest friendly'.

I do miss the beach there and even the shit cabaret which wa sworth a peek.

I never did the train, but I did the coach/boat a few times (but it takes the wind out of you). Trian sounds like th best option, the flight prices are silly money for an internal flight, compared to when I last went, unless you fly to Surat Thani and get the boat still.

Would be good to hear more on current the LB scene there.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#5 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

Sounds like you enjoyed the overnight train, mate -- good to hear! And it was never in doubt that you were to be in good hands.

But yeah, sounds like maybe you aren't in line with the "expert" opinions about Chaweng being the only place to be... ;-)

Looking forward to the rest of the report... especially your local training regimen...!

#6 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

Good to hear some info from Samui, it just does not seem to feature much on the LB circuit. Redrock I presume you are with the B man down there. Keep the reporting and some photos coming. :D
We laugh because it is true.

#7 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

I presume you are with the B man down there. Keep the reporting and some photos coming.

That's right bb. He's talking about coming up to Patts to catch up with you. Hopefully I'll be back for a week too.

Getting a bit pissed off with Chaweng lads. I'm used to Pattaya where you can stroll down the street with a six footer in a mini skirt and not be that much of an oddity. But here, with all the young backpackers, couples and teams of 20+ lads, I feel really out of place.
New town tomorrow and I'm reliably informed it's got the best action on the Island. If you know where to look.

#8 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

We're grateful for this report Redrock, Samui seems to be the forgotten destination so far as ladyboys are concerned. it's been ages since I was there, maybe 15 years.

#9 Thailand-junkie

Thailand-junkie
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

#10 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Just a quick brief on Koh Samui guys. I'm on the island at the mo and it's pretty good. I'd say it's definitely got what most guys on this forum are looking for. I got here by overnight train from Bangkok. Then bus and ferry. It took a while but the journey was actually quite relaxing. And it was cheap as fuck. About 1400bt all in for 1st class. If you're on a budget you could go 2nd class and get it cheaper than that.
A friend of mine - who is into our thing - has been showing me around and he knows all the hot spots. The Island has everything you need but without the constant fucking hustle of Pattaya or Bangkok. The only pain in the ass is all the young falang wankers and backpackers. But they all seem to be in Chaweng. I'll try and get a few phots to give you all an idea but - in my opinion - it's definitely an option for our kind of activites.
Oh, the beaches are cracking as well.

#11 runnervxr

runnervxr
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hello Redrock!
I was in Samui few years ago. Let me say that in those days I felt as bad as hell (a very stong food intoxication) and I didn't wander much around. As far as I know, in Chaweng I spotted some LBs just after Mango Street (coming form the "centre" of Chaweng). They were cute, and the genetic girls were just average. But my impressions of "averageness" probably were connected to my feeling sick. For good luck, few days later I healed, just on time to leave Samui and hit Patong ;-)!
For the beaches, in Chaweng were nice in the morning and terrible in the afternoon (probably with the high tide some stream was taking the sewers back home to the coast).
I'll attach a picture of the beach.

See ya
Franz

#12 eddy1925

eddy1925
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Was in Samui in 1985. Got there by Bus from Bangkok and afterwards with a Ferry. Have to walk from Busstation to the Ferry by appr. 4 km. Stay there in "Rainbow Bungalows". Not sure if they still exist. Was with (in Pattaya called "Baht Bus") drive around 20 minutes from harbour. I only know it was opposite Site of the Island from Lamai and Chaweng. The Owner's son was real gay. Every night he took another boyfriend. But it was very calm. I slept in a small bamboo hut 10 metres away from the water. No Nightlife at all. Day starts with Sunrise and ended by latest 10p.m.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci