Photo

Why do you like Thailand? (the positive thread)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#25 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

I love Thailand because it allows me to feel peaceful and free.
I forget the pressures a western world bestows upon us all and i feel generally happier and healthier.

I have traveled around many parts of LOS before i became a sex tourist :D ... its simply a wonderful experience.

I've chosen to spend my 40th this coming October in Krabi as I see no better country to enjoy this milestone (of sorts).

Those who have met me in recent times, will know im a little jaded at times with the Thais, and i get tired of the same conversations... but given I've been there 20+ times, i should have made the effort to understand the language more and I have no doubt my experiences would be all the more richer if i wasn't such a lazy bastard on this front.

Can't wait for the day i retire there :love:

#26 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

FFs Kliome, see what you've started now..!! :clapclap: :D

@ DC, I know what you mean by a cool refreshing drink, but jesus... That drink mixed by michael at corner bar was fucking potent. A miriade of green toxic alcohol - 4 shots in a bloody glass... It was awesome haha

Party on man

#27 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

FFs Kliome, see what you've started now

It's great, and nice to have somewhere to counteract the negatives floating around.

A lot of us are jaded, and I think part of that is taking what we have for granted. And most of it comes from being bored, and being bored comes for a lack of adventure and imagination.

Azza makes a good point, how many of us can really speak Thai and understand Thai culture reflective of how long we have spent in teh country. I hear peopel compan when a girl they meet in eth bar, or taxi driver can barely speak English, but at the same time they can barely speak Thai (and we are the foreigners) - or worse, the guys who speak Thia in a patronizing voice/tone.

I find it hard to leave Pattaya and Bangkok for all the great guys I know there, most of whom are form the forums, as noted , that's one of the main positives, and I don't think I'd be spending nearly as much time in LOS if it wasn't for this place.

I've travelled around most of Issan, Chaing Mai, the Samui Islands, Kanchanburi, Phucket, and I've enjoyed it all, some quite different cultural experiences. I'm hoping to rent a couple of big bikes with a good friend next month and drive along the East Coast out past Rayong, and I can't wait.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#28 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:51 AM

i have gave this topic some thought and came up with the following.

In thailand i am truly alive.
I can do what i want, when i want, and dont feel judged. or if i am, i couldnt give a fuck.
The weather.
The baht buses driving you anywhere in patts for 10 baht.
The pride the thais have towards the royal family.
Being able to buy freshly prepared fruit on nearly every corner.
The way the thais openly share food amongst each other.
The abundance of family mart / 7/11.s open 24 hours.
Being able to buy pantyhose for 33 baht at 4 am.
The cheap tattoo studio,s with no waiting time .
The cheap manicure/ massage etc......
The fact that my drinks are brought over to me, i dont have to wait at the bar.
The fact that the people serving remember what i drink.
Half the town know your name.
I have never, ever, felt unsafe in thailand.
The fact that people have to work in order to eat.
Coming out of your room at night not knowing whether to go left, or right. but knowing it will be a great night either way, with a definate fuck thrown in.
Not having to iron fuck all.
The lack of pushchairs and screaming orrible kids.
Not having to wait in a queue while some wanker uses chip and pin.

but the icing on the cake is the "where else in the world.?" moments.
whether it be licking out some hairless young bumhole, or watching an old lady get bladdered by a bucket of water on a baht bus at songkran.
the place is hilarious if you have the right mates with you.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#29 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

i have gave this topic some thought and came up with the following.

In thailand i am truly alive.
I can do what i want, when i want, and dont feel judged. or if i am, i couldnt give a fuck.
The weather.
The baht buses driving you anywhere in patts for 10 baht.
The pride the thais have towards the royal family.
Being able to buy freshly prepared fruit on nearly every corner.
The way the thais openly share food amongst each other.
The abundance of family mart / 7/11.s open 24 hours.
Being able to buy pantyhose for 33 baht at 4 am.
The cheap tattoo studio,s with no waiting time .
The cheap manicure/ massage etc......
The fact that my drinks are brought over to me, i dont have to wait at the bar.
The fact that the people serving remember what i drink.
Half the town know your name.
I have never, ever, felt unsafe in thailand.
The fact that people have to work in order to eat.
Coming out of your room at night not knowing whether to go left, or right. but knowing it will be a great night either way, with a definate fuck thrown in.
Not having to iron fuck all.
The lack of pushchairs and screaming orrible kids.
Not having to wait in a queue while some wanker uses chip and pin.

but the icing on the cake is the "where else in the world.?" moments.
whether it be licking out some hairless young bumhole, or watching an old lady get bladdered by a bucket of water on a baht bus at songkran.
the place is hilarious if you have the right mates with you.

Classic, and spot on :D

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#30 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

Well put Anthony. It's so fucking true - where else in the world lads? Priceless.

#31 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

Another element I forgot to mention, which some other posters alluded to already, is the gatherings and meetings with fellow board members, both old and new.

This forum (and perhaps one or two others) has given me the opportunity to share the company of liked-minded travellers and chat away over a cool drink in relaxed company. I think once you've spent alot of time here the rush and excitement to visit bars and chase girlie-cock every night dwindles and it's nice to relax at your own pace. In my case, I almost always have the company of one ladyboy, so I can take my time and have someone to share days out and side-trips with. Also, a regular partner offers a far greater insight into Thai society and allows one to see so much more than the two-week bar hopper and beyond the usual.

I couldn't agree more DC and you bet me to it I was about to say

get thread Kliome and I agree with many of the points already raised

I have been to Thailand 14 times in the last 6 years and all trips are different with the positive and negative comings and goings

but these days as a regular visitor to the LOS I enjoy a natter or 2 with fellow BM's and travellers.

DC and I discussed this whist having a few beers one afternoon at Guess bar. A pleasent way to past the time before mongering

cheer kakila
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#32 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

I am really pleased Kliome started this thread – a terrific idea.
Monday 2nd May I was invited to an Issan Music Festival – my initial response was “Oh no; not 3 hours of hearing cats being strangled”. However I owed the LB a night out and this was her choice – so I thought ‘grin and bear it’.

The event was held on Third Road and was 100 baht each to attend. There was a huge stage and a great deal of elaborate scenery. As I knew we would be drinking I wanted to eat.

There is a place called Spices; that I have often driven by but never visited. It is an Indian restaurant which seems to cater for Bus Tours – the dining room is like a huge barn with formica tables – each table can sit a whole Indian family – 20 up.

It is buffet style– what a great meal and only 199 Baht for all you can eat. Open from 11.00am until 11.00pm.

Back to the Issan event we drove – I guess the reason I wanted to eat was to kill time and minimize my attendance at the event.

As soon as we entered a number of ‘sisters’ appeared to say hello – Tony you have new lady!’ I had a pleasant chat with some familiar LBs and their gay friends – not one asked for money nor a drink – in fact my hand was never without a can of Leo beer and I did not pay for all of them. I took my camera as it was getting rusty and covered in cobwebs. I also heard the other side of the story where 2 Stringfellow staff were dismissed – over on Ladyboys Pattaya. I will think of a response to that prick.

The show was dazzling – it was not the usual Issan ‘Pop star’ concert it was actually a full production show that ran 4 hours. The scenery and costumes were fabulous and the dancing was energetic and choreographed – it was the Thai equivalent of a Vegas Review. The crowd was in great form and it was explained that this show is from Issan and is Number 1 In Thailand – Tiffany Number 2 and Alcazar Number 3.

Of course this was all explained to me from people from Issan. The show was not all LBs but there were a fair few in the cast of over 60.
I was impressed and had no need to think of an excuse to make an early exit. People were courteous and attentive. There were thousands of people there, including many foreigners. There was only one incident and that involved a drunken Farang – no surprise and it was dealt with quickly and quietly. Of course Thais always enjoy a spectacle – a bit like kids in a playground!

All during the concert there were elderly people retrieving beer cans and plastic bottles - I can just see that in Europe. In fact in Thailand, because it is poor, most garbage is trawled through for Plastic/Metal/Paper/Cardboard etc. My bin, well more a plastic oil drum, is emptied 4 times a week but there is hardly anything left as some locals have recycled most of it. I do not have 6 different bins and I pay 360 Baht per YEAR for the service – 7 GBP or 13 USD.

It was a very pleasant evening and I would go and see it again. Sometimes we just have to trust them to show us their side of life. When we got home she spent 30 mins in the toilet – too much Leo. She recovered quickly!

Attached Files

#33 zokk

zokk
  • Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

I get to Thailand and it only takes a day the stress levels drop and I can totally relax, something I have a lot of trouble doing here at home.
Then there's the food, weather, girls and ladyboys, I've met some great people, and as long as your not hurting anybody(or making a real dick yourself) you can do pretty much whatever you like.
Black out the windows, it's party time.

#34 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

And no complaints when you leave the seat up!

#35 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

Did I mention that I do not have a thai Partn....

Oh.

Wait a minute.

Wrong thread.

:oops:
Nix

#36 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

I love Thailand!
:rockon:

Later this year, I will make the 5th 24-hour journey from my country to Thailand in just over 2 years.

I will endure a feverish, 12-hour time-zone change episode of jetlag in which I have almost narcoleptic seizures at 5 pm (paraphrased: I get really sleepy at weird times), an initial psychological state which can be described as a mix of the blues, alcohol-fog, acid-trippy moments of surreality, and probably a case of the squirts....

...and after about 3 days...

It's all good again! :thumbs:

In the ladyboy realm, there is no place like it.

Case in point:

I have now been with ladyboys in both Brazil and Argentina. ("Travestis"). (Much thanks to FBUK for introducing me to his friend with knowledge of the area, would not have happened without his information).

As gorgeous as those ladyboys (2 in Argentina, 2 in Brazil) were, there was no way the experience was as enjoyable as it was in Thailand.

The places where I met ladyboys in South America involved street-action, and in order to find them, I had to walk into some very dark and ominious neighborhoods and parks. Because I have somewhat dark features, I can typically "blend" into these cultures, which helped, but the locals know when a stranger is in their midst.

The sex was cheap, but absolutely nothing of the GFE experiences I enjoy in Thailand. It consisted of make the approach, negotiate a price, check into a really cheap hotel, strip off clothes and get busy. Very little chit-chat, no flirting, no sense of at least "oooooh, you hansum man!"(kiss, kiss) which I realize i enjoy so much.

They were in a hurry to get it over with and get paid. No pretense.

One ladyboy in Argentina, after taking my money, did extend to me at least a shred of basic human warmth when she told me, in Spanish, "be careful, this is a dangerous neighborhood".

In Thailand, I have been elated to lay next to some of the most playful, passionate, and sexy ladyboys I could have ever imagined. I almost always take my girl "long-time", since if I have enjoyed her company at the bar, i figure i'll probably enjoy sleeping with her too. That has usually been the case.

Latin America, this has never happened. So far. I hope someday that changes, and I'll let you know if it does.

Oh yeah,

I love taking the open-air ferries to the small islands, drinking Singha, watching Muy-Thai kickboxing, the great food, the warmth of the people, meeting BM's, and just general wandering-about with no destination in mind.

Can't wait to return!

Nix :fly:
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci