Good Eats in Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#13 SwineCanine

SwineCanine
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

The four French restaurants in the Day/Night area are all good value.

CAB, Le Petite Planette, Chez Vicki, Bordeoux in roughly the price order.

#14 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

For nice Thai food I can recommend Marine Seafood over on Soi Bukauw. the raw oysters are particularly good.

What is the name of that fresh herb that the Thais serve as an optional seasoning with oysters - it's on a stalk and the leaves? are kind of shaped like a very skinny grain of rice? Absolutely delish.... :yumm:

#15 angelos01

angelos01
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

i like Thai food mmm :)

#16 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Just returned from a mission in Pattaya, and ate the best english food i've had for a very long time in Cafe Ritz, in Jomtien. Sensational at 355Bt for a 3 course dinner, including roasts with proper yorkshire pudding! Wonderful.

#17 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

If you're in the Soi Buakhao/Soi Lemke area I recommend Le Katai opposite Opey de Place for breakfasts and evening meals. There's a nice Fish and Chips place 2 doors up as well with about 10 varietys of fish on the menu and big portions ( yes i know its Western food but for me living here its a treat to look forward to).

I notice the main character in Stephen Leather's newish book 'Live Fire' had a great all day breakfast at the Sportsman on Soi 13- have heard good things about this place from people I know but haven't visited as I can't stand footbore bars.

The restaurants in Central are good value but don't try A&W- great root beer but the burger was dire.

#18 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

If you're in the Soi Buakhao/Soi Lemke area I recommend ... a nice Fish and Chips place 2 doors up as well with about 10 varietys of fish on the menu and big portions.
... Sportsman on Soi 13- have heard good things about this place from people I know but haven't visited as I can't stand footbore bars.

I've eaten a few times in the Sportsman Bar on Soi13 when I stayed at The Dynasty years ago and it was mediocre at best, you haven't missed anything unless it's improved alot since then. Food often seemed re-heated or microwaved rather than cooked fresh, possibly depends what you order.

However, that chippy opposite Opey de Place is excellent (the name escapes me), highly recommended. I ate there on several occasions earlier this year. The food is cooked to order and very fresh. Wedgie type big chips with gravy.. yum :yumm:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#19 ericeric

ericeric
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

If you're in the Soi Buakhao/Soi Lemke area I recommend ... a nice Fish and Chips place 2 doors up as well with about 10 varietys of fish on the menu and big portions.
... Sportsman on Soi 13- have heard good things about this place from people I know but haven't visited as I can't stand footbore bars.

I've eaten a few times in the Sportsman Bar on Soi13 when I stayed at The Dynasty years ago and it was mediocre at best, you haven't missed anything unless it's improved alot since then. Food often seemed re-heated or microwaved rather than cooked fresh, possibly depends what you order.

However, that chippy opposite Opey de Place is excellent (the name escapes me), highly recommended. I ate there on several occasions earlier this year. The food is cooked to order and very fresh. Wedgie type big chips with gravy.. yum :yumm:

DC,Is the chippy called 'The Jolly Friar'?That's on Leng Kee.I think it's that one that a mate of mine says is very reasonably priced too.Ericeric.

#20 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

If you turn right at the top of Soi Diana into Soi Buakhow, stumble on for 50 yards then on your right is 18 Coins guesthouse/restaurant.....

Great Thai & European food and managed by an ex Army Chef...my favourite is the home made soup and a large roll for 45 Baht.....just the ticket to settle the waves down....there is also the attraction of a lovely LB waitress to serve you.... :blush:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#21 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:17 PM

Goose's chippy on 2nd Road. Actually it's the only chippy I've been to in Pattaya so I don't know what the competition's like. But I thought it was top drawer.

#22 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

what soi is it next to redrock??

#23 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

It's between Soi 7 and 8. There's a bar about two doors up that has a few of "our lot" working too.

#24 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

DC,Is the chippy called 'The Jolly Friar'? That's on Leng Kee.I think it's that one that a mate of mine says is very reasonably priced too.Ericeric.

Yes, that's the one.

Your mate is right! :D

Meum cerebrum nocet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci