Good Eats in Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

So I must confess I have eaten far too many meals at Kiss on second road and breakfast buffets at the Lek than I should have. A lot of times I just grab some food off the carts or at any nondiscript Thai place. I have also tried Hoff (I think thats the name of the place on Beach Rd) for the wheat beer and a meal and Manhattans for a fine dinning experience. Both were good for what they are.

Does anybody have any resturant suggestions while in Pats? I would really be interested in good Thai and maybe some Issan style BBQ which I hear is good. But anything good would be welcome

Thanx

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:13 AM

Anything is better than Kiss Food & Drink, that place is very ordinary.

Personally, I head over to Central Festival daily, and eat at one of the many places on the top floors, or even downstairs where you buy the coupons.

I tend to eat alot of Japanese, as its very reasonably priced (compared to home), however there are quite a few options for good Thai food also.

The other place I like to eat at, is the diner at the front of the Supermarket over at The Avenue. Decent Thai food & western dishes.

Cheers
Koykaeng

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#3 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

Every now and then I need a good steak and go to Patrick's Belgian Restaurant. Lots of other good things on the menu also.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#4 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

One advantage of Kiss is that it is open 24 hours, apart from that there's little else going for it other than I never recall getting the shits there, it's cheap and the girls like it.

I'm not a major lover of Japanese food, especially after an awful bout of the squirts from Shabu Ichi (top level at the front of The Avenue), but as KK said there are many nice new restaurants on the top level of Central Festival, of which my favorite is AKA - All you can eat BBQ style for B379 - Delicious!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1231.jpg   139.41KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  1236.jpg   176.01KB   1 downloads

Meum cerebrum nocet

#5 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Villa Market supermarket, in the Avenue, has a Dining bar where the food is very good - in high season it is open 24 hours a day. Some excellent Thai dishes all cooked while you wait. They also do breakfast all day and hamburgers, nacho chips.

Inexpensive and central.

There is a Traditional Thai restaurant on 2 nd Road nearly opposite Malibu - Thai Bahn/Ruen Thai - something like that. Good food with a pleasant show. Good place for a group or couples.

For cheap all day eats SA Apartments in Soi Yamoto 13/1 is great value. I actually think they have the best Pizza in town (thin crust).

Also in Soi Yamoto you have restaurant Yamoto - excellent traditional Japanese food - not a fast food joint.

La Stroganoff in Soi Yamoto has a good fixed price menu daily.

Max's in Soi Post Office 13/2 has a good Italian menu.

Pattaya has a huge selection of restaurants - even 'up market' ones have reasonable prices.

As KK states Central Festival Mall has a huge selection of restaurants.

#6 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Every now and then I need a good steak and go to Patrick's Belgian Restaurant. Lots of other good things on the menu also.

I've eaten at this place with Xyzzy, and the steak was absolutely fantastic, although it was imported from New Zealand.

Have tackled some impressive steaks back in Melbourne, however this place was surprisingly good for Pattaya.

The sides were OK, but the meat was a standout.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#7 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

I appreciated the restaurant Le Strogonoff on Soi 13/1. The chef - Pierre - does an excellent job. Moreover, it is a gathering place of the french speaking community in Pattaya. Last but not least, it is stone throw from La Bamba with the sensational Sindy/Cindy.

Nick Bullseye

#8 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

In Pattaya I always have breakfast in some Thai restaurant on Second Rd. some 100m from my one and only :angel: hotel on Soi Diamond. Place is cheap, food always fresh, you can even get farang food if you like and I like it is opened restaurant so you can eat and look around.

BR

#9 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

One advantage of Kiss is that it is open 24 hours, apart from that there's little else going for it other than I never recall getting the shits there, it's cheap and the girls like it.

I got really sick after eating there once, though I think if you eat at any place often enough it will eventually happen.

#10 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

Some great suggestions fellows thank you, I will definitely be checking some of these out.

The BBQ at AKA is that the Issan BBQ style?

I eat a lot of sushi here in NYC and I see a couple of Japanese restaurants suggested. Are you guys OK with raw fish in Thailand - I am a little nervous about it in LOS.

I'll be there again Feb 20th - 26th if anyone cares to join me for a bite. Again thank you all.

#11 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:36 AM

No, Japanese BBQ style.

The meat is all high quality and the potato salad excellent :yumm:

Attached Files

• Attached File  1235.jpg   113.37KB   0 downloads

Meum cerebrum nocet

#12 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

No, Japanese BBQ style.

The meat is all high quality and the potato salad excellent :yumm:

Thanks DC!!
How do you have these pics ready- You are funny
and Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci