I'm not white!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#13 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

At the end of the day we are all farangs and to Thais farang is just another word for -Moderated-

Rude Racist Remark

#14 FRONT242

FRONT242
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

As long as you dont look and smell like a piece of sh*te, you will be fine. Infact if you have the $$$, you can still look and smell like a piece of sh*te. :D

Joking aside, I have seen indians being left alone in the bars (the brylcreem hair, mustache, badly fitting shirt and flairs with running shoes look).
But if you are southeast/east asian looking you will be fine.
I am from farangland but could pass for a jap, korean, chinese and even thai. Never had a problem except for when they decide Im jap and quote me jap prices :wnkr:

#15 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

At the end of the day we are all farangs and to Thais farang is just another word for .......

Laugh not sure I'd go quite that far but it has amazed me over the years that farang has become the pleasant defacto word for foreigners. When I first visited LOS the word really only was used as an insult for a foreigner that they didn't like, kind of like cheap Charlie is used now. I was shocked the first time I saw a taxi sporting the we luv farangs on it's doors.

But like all things language changes, for English speakers out there that use the word berk as a not so insulting word for some one being daft or silly they should look up the words real meaning hahaha... It's from cockney rhyming slang and short for berskhire hunt, laugh

#16 Suknod82

Suknod82
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

Thanks again for all the input guys. I think I got the cleanliness covered, and I don't look and smell like shit. I'm glad to hear that polynesian types of men are appreciated in Thailand. :)

Just another question though. I like the small cute and natural types. Where in NEP would I have the best chance of meeting one?

#17 Suknod82

Suknod82
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

Good luck on your trip. (I hope you'll get a chance to share your adventure with us) :D

I'll definitely post a small trip report when I'm back home.

#18 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:01 AM

Thanks again for all the input guys. I think I got the cleanliness covered, and I don't look and smell like shit. I'm glad to hear that polynesian types of men are appreciated in Thailand. :)

Just another question though. I like the small cute and natural types. Where in NEP would I have the best chance of meeting one?

Obsessions IMHO 8) but just came across this report :o

Casanova Bar, located on the middle floor, left rear of NEP, is known for its aggressive ladyboys, who will absolutely insist that you have a drink and get to know them on a more personal level.

Cascade Bar’s “Mr. Lady” show goes on at 11:30 pm nightly at Cascade, but you can have drinks with the friendly performers anytime. Cascade is located on the back right of the top floor at NEP. Cascade’s ladyboys are among the friendliest and most easygoing at NEP.

Obsession, on NEP’s ground floor, right rear, features very aggressive ladyboys, along the lines of those you’ll meet at Casanova.

Temptations, on NEP’s middle floor, right side, features somewhat aggressive, but friendly ladyboys. Like all ladyboy bars in NEP, it’s OK to politely decline buying someone a drink here, but if you do buy one, you’ll be considered “part of the crowd,” and your enjoyment will be enhanced.

Got the above from this site btw :roll:

http://www.thaioasis...yboybarsbkk.php

Attached Files

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#19 udrees

udrees
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:13 AM

you are right. skin colour is a problem in Thailand. and thais are racists a lot. white guys pay less than customers with other skin colour.

#20 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

you are right. skin colour is a problem in Thailand. and thais are racists a lot. white guys pay less than customers with other skin colour.

Nothing wrong with that. Finally, being white has its advantage!!!!!!! :harhar:

#21 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:10 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Finally, being white has its advantage!!!!!!! :harhar:

Actually, the irony of that comment is not lost on me.
I was in a swanky top notch Manchester wine bar last Sat night and clocked three black guys dressed in jeans, trainers and t-shirts.
When I remarked to my date that those guys were contravening the required dress code....she remaked that so scared are some establishments to have the racist card pulled on them that a more relaxed door policy is applied to ethnic groups apart from white :tantrum:

#22 Guest_kaiwanmak_*

Guest_kaiwanmak_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

just bring 25 dollars with you when u go out at night, should land u any low class prostitute the fine country of thailand has to offer, have fun youll luv it.

#23 Suknod82

Suknod82
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:00 AM

Its a long time ago I posted this thread, but I just wanted to let u guys know how it all went. I didn't make any pictures of girls, in fact I only barfined one girl on my entire trip. A trip report would be impossible to do, so I hope everyone is content if I write everything down in this thread.

So I arrived in Bangkok and ofcourse I immediately got scammed during my first few hours in Thailand. The taxidriver at the airport never activated the meter, he threw away the little note I got at the airports taxi terminal, and I ended up paying 500 baht for a ride to the dynasty inn next to nana plaza.

Now I gotta say, the dynasty inn rocks. I took a standard room in the renovated part, and the room was excellent. It was clean, spacious enough, and well kept. I also loved the room service, and I fell in love with the delicious papaya salad they served. Staff was nice enough and helpfull.

Now apparently I look extremely Thai. When I first entered the hotel, the staff thought I was Thai. People on the streets thought I was Thai. Even the scam artists and Indian tailors at Th Sukhumvit completely ignored me because they thought I was Thai! I used this as an advantage. I didn't get bothered or manhandled by street prostitutes, and again, scam artists and pesky tuktuk drivers completely ignored me. Even on Khoa San Road I could walk around in peace and quiet.

On the other hand, I did at times feel uncomfortable. I never stayed in the lobby at the dynasty inn because I would be the only south east asian there, and I felt kinda looked upon. And at Nana Plaza itself, there was no-one who welcomed me into an establishment. Whites, Arabs and Indians were almost welcomed with a red carpet. But me, I just stood there with no-on offering me drinks or discounts.

It took me some courage then to walk into Cascades. Again, they immediately said something in Thai to me which I couldn't understand. But when I was in I felt extremely welcomed. I instantaneously had two girls on my arms, and the entire selection of girls started dancing in front of me. I said I was from Indonesia (trying to explain that I'm an Asian from Western Europe is always too complicated), and I didn't feel discriminated or treated differently by the girls. Even the girls who play in the movies (forgot her name) tried to hook up with me.

Eventually I was smitten by the looks of Dos, a half chinese half thai girl with braces. I never could have imagined that Thai ladyboys could look, feel and smell so feminine! Everything about her was perfect, and i didn't hesitate to invite her for a long time at my hotel room. Again, I have no pictures so I hope someone knows who I'm talking about. Walking towards my hotel didn't actually create a buzz. People must have thought I was her Thai bf or bodyguard or something.

In all fairness, there was a short fat Indian guy who got completely ignored by everyone in Cascades. He walked away empty handed, and later I saw him sitting at a GG bar,again sitting completely alone. So I guess there must be some form of racial discrimination going around, but then again, he WAS short, fat and ugly.

I kept it to this one night. Although I really enjoyed myself, and I will never forget the perfect face, body and cock of Dos, I didn't feel the urge to do it again. In fact, I got pretty tired of the area around Nana Junction really soon. So after three days I opted to go to a hostel near the democracy monument. The remaining days I enjoyed all the other sights and sounds of Bangkok, and made a couple of great new friends (both Thai and farang) at this hostel. I even went to McDonalds with the red shirts! But to be honest, when you experience Thailand from a Thai point of view as I did, the people are really not that friendly. No-one greeted me with a smile on the streets, and despite the heat the thing that I will remember most is the coolness of most Thais.

After 11 full days I continued my journey to Cambodia. I will undoubtedly come back some day to Cascades or whatever place is suitable. Thai ladyboys are queens (no pun intended), and they really ARE more beautiful than Thai girls.

#24 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:16 AM

Good man I'm glad you enjoyed yourself 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci