Best TV Series

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#25 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

I am a big fan of Law and Order and Law and Order (SVU). Criminal Intent is ok. I dont like CSI.

However most of my free time is spent watching Man Utd (and other prem games and champions league games) and Rugby so I dont get that into tv shows.
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#26 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

I'm not a huge Sports fan though I enjoyed watching Scotland beating Ireland the other evening....a damn fine kick to finish on....this was good for Scotland and proves they can beat a good team....

I watched Man U v LP last night which was great for the first 15 minutes....

After half a dozen glasses and pie mash n peas a snoozerooni overtook me.....so a late night viewing consisted of Top Gear and Torchwood....excellent!

I've watched more TV in the last week than I have done in 6 months..... :blush:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#27 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

#28 scottiej23

scottiej23
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

Got to throw Black Books out there also........so I'll say Scrubs for my favourite US comedy (and as a rule I don't like them but Scrubs is different somehow) & Black Books for favourite UK comedy.

Honourable mention....Red Dwarf, however it has dated badly.
Now 3.48% smarter, but 14.82% less interesting.

#29 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

I almost never watch TV but I have occasionally caught an episode or two of a few series that were quite good, such as Ricky Gervais in Office and Six Feet Under.

In the mid 90's I was at a party in LA and met a guy who told me he was working on this great new series on HBO called the Soprano's. Many years later I was back in the States and channel surfing one evening in my hotel room. Suddenly this great show jumped out of the box and shook me out of my lethargy. Watched it until the end so as to see the credits.... Sure enough, it was the Sopranos. I've never seen another episode but I'm willing to bet that it was a fantastic series.

#30 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

I typically hate American sitcoms, but I really like Scrubs.

#31 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Six feet under, best show ever.

Sopranos.

Breaking bad, Dexter, True blood.

Homicide: Life on the street, The Wire.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#32 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

I used to be a big Sienfeld fan, but glad it's over now, I watched it so much I was developing mild OCD. Apart from watching the occasional Curb Your Enthusiam or Two and a Half Men episode, I swerve US sitcoms.

It's interesting how the UK make so much better sitcoms, but the US generally make much better drama series. As a kid I would always watch Quantum Leap and The A Team, ah, I miss those guys.. But always turned to the local produce for comic relief (Only Fools, Fawlty Towers, Young Ones, Black Addder, Alan Partridge).

The best sitcom I've seen in a long while (since The Office UK version) is Flight of the Concord. Set in America, but made by NZ. Damn, If you haven't seen it before check it out, after 2 episodes you'll be hook (if you have a sense of humour).

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#33 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

I used to be a big Sienfeld fan, but glad it's over now, I watched it so much I was developing mild OCD. Apart from watching the occasional Curb Your Enthusiam or Two and a Half Men episode, I swerve US sitcoms.

The best sitcom I've seen in a long while (since The Office UK version) is Flight of the Pheonix. Set in America, but made by NZ. Damn, If you haven't seen it before check it out, after 2 episodes you'll be hook (if you have a sense of humour).

UK office was such a strong offering but so short lived. Thankfully it found another life in the U.S. I love both versions, but feel shortchanged by the UK's limited dealio.

Sienfeld and 2 and a half men are both top sit-coms of their era. The worst thing about watching reruns of these shows is the canned laugh tracks are so annoying. When they are first aired you don't recognise it that much.

I think you are referencing "Flight of the Concords" or maybe I just don't get your English sense of humour? :D

Sadley "Flight of the Concords" and "Curb your enthusiasm" are on at the same time in Australia. Both are way bent, which is why I like them.

30 rock is the best current sitcom in my opinion.

===============================

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

#34 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

I think you are referencing "Flight of the Concords" or maybe I just don't get your English sense of humour? :D

Sadley "Flight of the Concords" and "Curb your enthusiasm" are on at the same time in Australia. Both are way bent, which is why I like them.

30 rock is the best current sitcom in my opinion.

Sorry, I did mean Flight of the Concords :argh2: (post amended).

Actually Flight of the Pheonix is an awesome Attenborough/Jimmy Stewart film, definitely worth a watch, I think they made a not-so-good remake a few years back.

I've only seen clips of 30 Rock, but I do have a serious crush on Tina Fey :love: :blush:

Attached Files

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#35 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Wow! Those are the hottest Tina Fey pics I've ever seen. ....and I used to have a crush on her for her comic genius. She is great in 30 rock as the creator who pokes fun of herself and hollywood every show. She is brilliant IMHO.
:clapclap:

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

#36 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:51 AM

i keep hearing good things about gavin and stacey.
any opinions.?
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci