Best TV Series

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#13 scottiej23

scottiej23
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

Couldn't separate between comedy and drama so I will take Scrubs and Band of Brothers
Now 3.48% smarter, but 14.82% less interesting.

#14 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

I've seen a few episodes of House, Hugh Laurie is amaizng, I could imagine really getting into it. He's come along way from his Black Adder days (another good series).

Yesterday, I watched an episode of Glee, and I hate to say, but I really liked it. Final confirmation that I am gay.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#15 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

soprano,s. only got a brief mention here, but it is the best series of all time.
my old man has nearly finished all 6 series in 6 weeks. he loved it.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#16 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

Entourage!

Family Guy best animation series.
===============================

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

#17 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

American sit coms do absolutely nothing for me and in that category British Comedy is in a truly different class.
Come to think of it, apart from about four movies a year the US produces hardly any shows or soaps which interest me although I have to say Dallas was awesome and Dynasty was quite good too.

#18 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Sat and watched Porridge on uktv gold. This channel shows all my old favourite tv comedy classics open all hours, only fools and horses, Blackadder, Faltey Towers and Citizen Smith etc

#19 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Sat and watched Porridge on uktv gold. This channel shows all my old favourite tv comedy classics open all hours, only fools and horses, Blackadder, Faltey Towers and Citizen Smith etc

Now you're talking my language OTS :D

#20 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

American sit coms do absolutely nothing for me and in that category British Comedy is in a truly different class.
Come to think of it, apart from about four movies a year the US produces hardly any shows or soaps which interest me although I have to say Dallas was awesome and Dynasty was quite good too.

I have to say that those comments say more about you than the state of American tele. Dallas and Dynasty? Those were my grannies favorites. No wonder I don't get you. :D or maybe I don't get your sarcasm? Really Dallas? Dynasty? Surely you would be a Desperate Housewives fan if that was the case.

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

#21 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

I liked the "Sex in the City" series. How gay is that? :lol:

#22 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:00 AM

Sopranos....excellent

House........Hugh Laurie saves American TV

Band of Brothers...a tear to my eye every time...outstanding acting and dramatisation par excellence....good Historical reference

Wallender....British actors at their best

Heroes......I've lost the plot

24............Groundhog Day for the Sutherlands

UK Life on Mars........superb

US Life on Mars.......you cannot be serious

Lot of TV crap at the moment....watched a sit-com last night which had me howling but I shall have to fill you in on the title later as I'd had a few sherbets....

:blush:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#23 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:16 AM

Life on Mars is a good call Petesie, the UK version that is (didn't know there was a US version).

Only seen a couple of episodes but liked it. Will put that on my 'to look out for' list.

Haven't they made an 80's based follow up called Ashes to Ashes, or something similar? Not sure if it's as good.

Another I've just remember, Queer As Folk (the UK version - haven't seen the US version).

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#24 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

Ashes to Ashes is very good too....

The Closer.....pretty average show saved by some witty dialogue, good male actors and groovy music

I actually don't watch much TV as out here in the Land of Sand they tend to be on late and by then I've usually had my cocoa, retired to the Celestial Wanking Chariot and sending up the zeds...... :blush:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci