• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#13 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:29 AM

dc said

How much was the transfer fee?
Is the fee the same for any amount (say upto £500) transferred?

if you want dc i can give you my lloyds details then you can transfer money to me, hey presto no transfer fees involved :harhar:
but joking asides i hope you get this sorted m8 as if you cannot transfer money from uk to los bank, your efforts for opening up the account in the first place would have been all in vane, and i know at that would piss me right off.
good luck for getting it sorted m8.

#14 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

I will definitely open bank account next month. I’ll have some money sent to be “on safe” if my old lady gets some crazy idea to spend my money on something unnecessary like heating oil or new car… :angel:

And I will save fortune on my water buffalo medicine transfer. No more 15-20 EUR fee per transfer. As soon as buffalo jus coughs, he will get medicine... yea right, never more. :lol: :lol: Or... who knows. :blush:

BR

#15 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

Kasikorn are very easy to open an account with and after 5 years no problems.

DC - NatWest transfers - I was charged a flat fee of 25 UKP for a transfer. Not dependent on the amount involved

It would have been less if I carried out the transaction using NW On Line banking BUT The UK system demands a Sort Code. Kasikorn do not have one.
Even Nat West International (Offshore) - so much for international.

To make the transfer you need the SWIFT code plus the full account number. So I gave Nat West
SWIFT code
Account nos - XXX-Y-ZZZZZ-Y
Name on account (EXACTLY as in the Kasikorn bank book)
Name of bank
Branch - Pattaya Central - whatever
25 UKP transfer charge

Ensure they know you are transferring sterling and you do NOT want them to convert. Let Kasikorn do here.

Took less than 48 hours and the rate received here was better than the Forex dealers in Pattaya.

#16 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Online transfer from Halifax (UK) to Kasikorn couldn't be simpler.

£9 UKP fee and it takes 1-3 wroking days.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#17 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

DC - NatWest transfers - I was charged a flat fee of 25 UKP for a transfer. Not dependent on the amount involved

It would have been less if I carried out the transaction using NW On Line banking BUT The UK system demands a Sort Code. Kasikorn do not have one.
Even Nat West International (Offshore) - so much for international.

To make the transfer you need the SWIFT code plus the full account number. So I gave Nat West
SWIFT code
Account nos - XXX-Y-ZZZZZ-Y
Name on account (EXACTLY as in the Kasikorn bank book)
Name of bank
Branch - Pattaya Central - whatever
25 UKP transfer charge

Thanks Rossco, that Natwest info was what I needed, I think...

Just to confirm, I take it that online international transfers are not available and it has to be done on a paper form within a bank branch in the UK?

Online transfer from Halifax (UK) to Kasikorn couldn't be simpler.

£9 UKP fee and it takes 1-3 wroking days.

Kliome, I have both a Halifax online account and also a Nationwide online account.

Halifax:
I clicked the "International Payments" link and it says "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Alternatively please call the Bank Account Helpline on 08457 20 30 40, or visit your local branch." :|

Assuming it works sometimes; does it request a sort code to be entered or is there an obvious place for the SWIFT code to be entered?

Nationwide:
They only seem to do SWIFT payments via a paper form in a UK branch :|

9%20Baby%202.gif

Meum cerebrum nocet

#18 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

DC

Nat West Bank
Initially sent an email to which they replied requesting all the info
Bank Name, Account, Branch, SWIFT Code, Acct Name and amount
be sent by signed FAX

Upon receipt they telephoned me, to confirm, as a security check.
I did ask them how many Gun runners, drug barons and money launderers they had caught with their system - not amused!

Nat West now require you have a small card reader (free) to issue with a random code number to execute transfers on line.

I closed my Nationwide account when I received a letter, addressed to me in Thailand, asking me to visit a local branch. I did email them asking for the address of their branch in either Bangkok or Pattaya! No reply!

#19 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

I did ask them how many Gun runners, drug barons and money launderers they had caught with their system - not amused!

You should be careful, EU Big Brother is watching all of us. 9%20Angry%204.gif3%20Angel.gif

BR

#20 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

You just need the swift code and yoru account number.

It's very simple and I've never had any problems (despite the temporary clitch!).

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#21 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

I opened a Kasikorn account a few days ago at the bank next to Tukcom. As DC mentioned it was very easy. I had to wait about 20 minutes before they got to me. It took less time to open the account.

The customer service girl was a total bitch. She never smiled or said thank you. After a while she pushed some papers my way and then looked at me like why are you still sitting here. We were finished but she said nothing. She didn't go out and show me how to use the ATM. But I read enough to figure out how to change my password. Although I haven't setup my cyber account yet.

But it really didn't accomplish what I wanted. I was told on another board I would be able to make deposits free by taking my debt card inside with my passbook. But she said no, I had to get the money from the ATM and make a cash deposit. Still not sure if that is true but the whole purpose of the account was to beat the 150 bath ATM fee. I need to check into this further.

Also if you open an account in Pattaya when you are in BKK you are out of your local Kasikorn bank zone and will incur charges. The Kasikorn ATMs in BKK charge 10 baht or 0.1% per withdrawal which ever is more (5000B was a 10 baht fee, 12000 was a 12 baht fee). It cost me 32 baht to make a deposit of 22000 baht in BKK (10B + 22B). So if you open an account do it where you spend the most time.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#22 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

IMHO Siam Commercial is very easy to deal with and unlike kasikorn - they have branches and micro branches everywhere - especially in Pattaya where they seem to open a new branch every week. They also do NOT charge for ATM withdrawals between BKK & PTY as an example (unlike almost everybody else).

By the way, Thai banks do not use 'sort codes' as the first 3 letters of the account number identifies the branch where the account is held.

Cheers
Mardhi

#23 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

IMHO Siam Commercial is very easy to deal with and unlike kasikorn - they have branches and micro branches everywhere - especially in Pattaya where they seem to open a new branch every week. They also do NOT charge for ATM withdrawals between BKK & PTY as an example (unlike almost everybody else).

By the way, Thai banks do not use 'sort codes' as the first 3 letters of the account number identifies the branch where the account is held.

Thanks mardhi but the question for most of us is what does it take to open an account? From the US I could bring in money very cheaply to Bangkok Bank via their New York branch. But I do not qualify for an account on a tourist visa. Kasikorn will pretty much accept anybody.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#24 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

Thanks mardhi but the question for most of us is what does it take to open an account? From the US I could bring in money very cheaply to Bangkok Bank via there New York branch. But I do not qualify for an account on a tourist visa. Kasikorn will pretty much accept anybody.

They really have low standards; they even accepted me as a client. :blush:

BR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci