49 replies to this topic

#37 SwineCanine

SwineCanine
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

the debt card exchange rate

How does this compare to the cash rate?

Is this one of the posted rates at the exchange window? My recollection is that the Pattaya Tai Kasikorn Bank lists a cash rate, a traveler check rate and a sell rate.

#38 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

the debt card exchange rate

How does this compare to the cash rate?

Is this one of the posted rates at the exchange window? My recollection is that the Pattaya Tai Kasikorn Bank lists a cash rate, a traveler check rate and a sell rate.

Go to this nice EXCHANGE RATE SITE. Enter the country of the type of currency you want to exchange then and click on show rates. That will show the cash rate at a number of major Thai banks. Change the "Currency type" from Notes to TT and click on show rates. That will show you the ATM rates for cards.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#39 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

I just discovered one goodie on Kasikorn electronic banking – SIM top-up. I heard this is possible but after nice lady in bank explained me in thinglish how I can do this... I had no clue even where to start. Today while on MSN I tried to top-up mobile real time and it worked. It took 1/2 hour from finishing transaction to actual top-up (you are notified when top-up will be executed after you make payment). I was happy and my only’s SIM 100BHT richer. :clapclap:

Next thing is to top up my Thai DTAC SIM, I still don’t know if you can top-up SIM stil valid but not logged in DTAC network.

BR

#40 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

Does anyone know how fast money is transferred from one Kasikorn bank account to another? I think this transfer is done in a matter of seconds but I was also told by one experienced LB with many farang boyfriends it takes 5-6 days. Anyone knows the real transaction time?

BR

#41 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

Does anyone know how fast money is transferred from one Kasikorn bank account to another? I think this transfer is done in a matter of seconds but I was also told by one experienced LB with many farang boyfriends it takes 5-6 days. Anyone knows the real transaction time?

BR

5-6 days??? It only takes 2 days to transfer from my UK account to my Kasikorn account.

It takes a matter of seconds/minutes to transfer from one Kasikorn account to another, from my experience. Although it may take longer if done online outside of office hours - not so long ago you couldn't even check your balance online outside of office hours.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#42 CL

CL
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:06 AM

Opened up account at Kasikorn Jungceylon in Patong Beach. Hassle free. Need ID, Deposit, Address Hotel and Mobile Nr.

Got bankcard, online banking and mobile banking. Also the information for transfer my home country account to Kasikorn (different account nr. from number on bank card + SWIFT code bank). Tried to wire money online and within 2 days it was deposited. Very easy experience.

#43 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

Need ID, Deposit, Address Hotel and Mobile Nr.

Be sure to remember the information you used when the account was created, particularly your full hotel address and room number and Kasikorn bank branch address etc..

If you forget your internet account login password you may be asked for any one or more of these details as confirmation verbally over the phone with their help-line staff should you require a password reset. This is not available via a simple email request.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#44 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

Need ID, Deposit, Address Hotel and Mobile Nr.

Be sure to remember the information you used when the account was created, particularly your full hotel address and room number and Kasikorn bank branch address etc..

If you forget your internet account login password you may be asked for any one or more of these details as confirmation verbally over the phone with their help-line staff should you require a password reset. This is not available via a simple email request.

And how right DC is I can only confirm :clapclap: . When I lost my PIN 2 and managed to lock my internet banking I was asked everything including address and name of hotel, birth date, I was even asked to tell passport number and where I'm from. :angel:

BR

#45 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

It wasn't a problem for me.

I forgot my pin and pin 2 and managed to get it reset over the phone without giving the correct hotel/address.

I actuallly gave the wrong hotel, they understood the situation and just asked a few more security questions (phone number, date of birth etc), which I could answer.

Dealing with Kasikorn was a lot easier than dealing with my UK bank, that's for sure.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#46 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:50 AM

I actuallly gave the wrong hotel, they understood the situation and just asked a few more security questions (phone number, date of birth etc), which I could answer.

True, as did I.

But it doesn't hurt to have the information available somewhere as you need to get an acceptable number of security questions right.

Kasikorn's call-centre staff were very good and the English was excellent from the ones I spoke with.
Quality trained staff... makes a nice change for Thailand! :D

Meum cerebrum nocet

#47 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:22 AM

I paid 20 EUR for 12 min talk with girl from Kasikorn call center but let me say... money well spent since... let me just say talking with her cured my LOS blues for weeks, she had so sexy voice. :blush:

BR

#48 heelslover

heelslover
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Opening of an account costs... 550B (for the ATM card) and 15 minutes. You must only have your passport (not even a visa needed). Thai (hotel) address and mobile number (if interested in internet banking for free)... that's all.
Nobel prize for the man who invented HIGH HEELS :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci