Indian with a turban scam ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#73 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

I wouldnt walk around telling people to fuck off in another country especially Thailand, its best to be stern but polite boys

I agree with that approach Ali, always pays to bite your lip.

Similarly, I'm not one to vilify an entire race because of a few "bad eggs".

I'm still none the wiser regarding the specifics of this Indian's scam :?:

Surely someone has heard him out and has some information :?:

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#74 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

Same same, not the best idea to tell locals to f... off. I use dark sunglasses and just walk straight & don't turn around. They can’t molest me if they can’t stop me, like with ladies on Beach Road an 3am. :angel:

BR

#75 Ali71

Ali71
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

Thanks Koykaeg, I agree dont think you can vilify an entire race because of a few bad eggs and I never judge a whole race on the basis of a certain group

With regards to the scam I did talk to one of these guys in Thailand, he was making comments such as you are lucky etc etc, I thought I would hear him out. He then said he would ask me some questions and gave me a piece of paper and told me to put it in my hands and if the paper in my hand matched my answers I would be very lucky!

I participated, and I think some of it was right to my reccolection, e.g. favourite colour etc. Then basically he asked for a donation and I told him I could only offer him small change but he wanted more and told him I was on a tight bidget and couldnt give him more and to be honest it ended friendly he also said he accepted gifts If I wanted top buy him something. I asked him like what? and he wasnt specific I thanked him for his time and he shook my hand that was that really not sure if it constitutes as a scam more of a way to raise money, he said he needed money as he was a scholar

#76 peterk

peterk
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

I can understand people being pissed off when someone tries to scam them but there is no need to make comments which stink of racism. I don't have a beard or wear a turban and neither am i a sikh or indian. I am actually English and every time i go to patts i ALWAYS come across some of my fellow countryman who can only be described as low life arseholes who have no respect for the place or people. Does this mean that the English are all dicks- of course not!
While we are all free to criticise please don't condemn the whole race.
:love:

#77 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

I don't really get hassled by the Tailors in Patts but we did in Phuket a few days ago..............

The usual story..........where you from etc..........by the time they realised you were indeed not interested the ensueing comments were then insulting and abusive..................

Well done Tailor men............you have just contributed to the demise of yours and your fellow Tailors future business.............I tell my friends.............I tell the Forum...............word gets around.......

I also picked up on a different attitude on Phuket............more anti western and Mafia related stuff............one of the polaroid people had obviously been bad mouthed by a tourist so he took off his belt and whacked him with it..............the BIB did nothing............

Nicole also told me that one of the LB's was getting into a cab which was to take her and her date 300 yards to his hotel..............when the guy asked the price and was told 500 baht................the LB said expensive.............so the Taxi guy slapped her around and stamped on her...................
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#78 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

The worst scam in Pattaya is not the tailors - they are a irritation and usually a reply of "I live here" deters their sales spiel as what do I need a 3 piece suit for? They are trying to make a living like anyone else.

The real scam guys are the ones cruising on Motorbikes - "would you like to win a prize?" So you get hauled off to a sales pitch on 'Time share' - arghhhh.

Not so much a scam as just a waste of anyone's time. Unfortunately most of the Time share Touts are Asian.

#79 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Why someone would even engage in conversation with people who are obviously attempting to lighten your wallet with something you don't want is beyond me... don't you see them before you get within earshot?!
- You've been there enough times to know.

Just walk past and ignore them as if they don't even exist..

In short; don't say a word.. just keep on walking... and for goodness sake, never shake a tailor's hand :|

Meum cerebrum nocet

#80 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

The real scam guys are the ones cruising on Motorbikes - "would you like to win a prize?" So you get hauled off to a sales pitch on 'Time share' - arghhhh.

They pull up next to me and ask "Do you speak English?". Just keep on walking.

.In short; don't say a word.. just keep on walking... and for goodness sake, never shake a tailor's hand :|

I read a story on another board where a guy bought one of those " joy buzzers", that make you feel somewhat like you are getting shocked, and shook the hand of all the tailors he encountered.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#81 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Have been approached on two separate ocassions this trip by an Indian man wearing a turban.

Was curious if anyone else has encountered this gentleman or seen such a routine performed or other ?

maybe he just wanted a game of cricket.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#82 Ali71

Ali71
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

:lol: :clapclap: ...... leave monty out of this :nonono:

I know what you mean about shaking Tailors hands a few of them convinced me to go inside their shops, but I had no intention of buying anything just humouring them if anything to see what they had on offer.

There was one annoying Tailer in Pattaya, an Indian guy that asked me where I was from when I replied London started saying 'jolly good mate' in an accent which sounded so wrong it wasnt funny, then more or less begged me to go into his shop

#83 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

Ye and when I said I was from Australia...they tried the old "good dai moit"...sounded ridiculous....but ye you are right they are a fucking pain there on Beach rd...Thais dislike them as well.

#84 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

Does anyone know where I can buy a suit!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci