Indian with a turban scam ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#25 Ali71

Ali71
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

Thanks Koykaeg, I agree dont think you can vilify an entire race because of a few bad eggs and I never judge a whole race on the basis of a certain group

With regards to the scam I did talk to one of these guys in Thailand, he was making comments such as you are lucky etc etc, I thought I would hear him out. He then said he would ask me some questions and gave me a piece of paper and told me to put it in my hands and if the paper in my hand matched my answers I would be very lucky!

I participated, and I think some of it was right to my reccolection, e.g. favourite colour etc. Then basically he asked for a donation and I told him I could only offer him small change but he wanted more and told him I was on a tight bidget and couldnt give him more and to be honest it ended friendly he also said he accepted gifts If I wanted top buy him something. I asked him like what? and he wasnt specific I thanked him for his time and he shook my hand that was that really not sure if it constitutes as a scam more of a way to raise money, he said he needed money as he was a scholar

#26 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

Have been approached on two separate ocassions this trip by an Indian man wearing a turban.

I didn't stop to talk with him, as alarm bells started ringing immediately when I heard him say "You're a very lucky man....."

As I made a hasty retreat, I thought to myself, "Yes, I am a very lucky man that I recognise a scam coming". :D

Was curious if anyone else has encountered this gentleman or seen such a routine performed.

I have a vague feeling that I witnessed a similar scam (involving an Indian) many years ago in Pattaya.

I presume it involves fortune telling or paying money for something or other ?

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#27 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

did he have a basket with a snake in it, and a large kazoo.?
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#28 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

KK was the more recent incident a Sikh on Sukhumvit Rd, Bangkok opposite the Landmark Hotel ?

Every year he approaches me and I give him the :redcard:

#29 Ericthehalfabee

Ericthehalfabee
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

Just pretend to be Russian...
"I can feel an angel sliding up to me"

#30 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

KK was the more recent incident a Sikh on Sukhumvit Rd, Bangkok opposite the Landmark Hotel ?

Every year he approaches me and I give him the :redcard:

Hi Pentire,

Yes, today was on the on the other side of Sukhumvit, opposite The Landmark, and the first incident was along Soi Nana, halfway between Guess Bar & Nana Plaza roughly.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#31 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

honest guys you are all too polite, kk if he approaches you again, maybe a polite FUCK OFF YOU CUNT maybe in order

#32 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

DELETED

#33 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:50 AM

That happened to me twice in Pattaya on my last trip in March or was it May..crap my memories getting bad.

One time in The Avenue Mall, and another time on some random Soi I was cutting through. I figured it was some sort of scam as well and just gave him a snarky 'thanks' as I kept walking past him.

#34 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:00 AM

I think I saw this guy in front of Mikes's Shopping Mall but I never ever talk to strangers, my mom told me so. :angel: :lol:

BR

#35 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

DELETED

#36 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:26 AM

DELETED

0 user(s) are reading this topic