Skytrain

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#49 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

At less than 400 baht in a metered taxi, including highway tolls & tip, all the way down to the NEP area, I don't think I'll be taking the train anytime soon.

Last time it took us 1 hour of driving and some 1 km walking to get to Majestic Suites with train it would take us less than half of this time. In the afternoon rush train will be better option.

BR

#50 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

:agree: :gp: OK Robi, you've got me there. It's just the flights from Korea never seem to land at those times. it's either seems in the 11am to 2pm range or 10pm to 1am range. So, I've yet to have to deal with rush hour to or from the airport. :clapclap:

#51 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Ok, fabulous for airport workers or people like myself who travel light and are able to hastily transfer via a city skytrain to Nana (or elsewhere) however, what happens when typical passengers arrive at the skytrain City Air Terminal (CAT) in Bangkok.
Firstly they need to reclaim their heavy baggage from the luggage carriage then transit to a waiting taxi for the onward transpotation to their hotel only to be back involved in the traffic caos :nonono:
Also, I can not imagine this service/procedure is going to make much appeal to couples or families :?

Maybe I'm missing something, after all it is only a couple of beers cheaper than a taxi.

#52 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

Ok, fabulous for airport workers or people like myself who travel light and are able to hastily transfer via a city skytrain to Nana (or elsewhere) however, what happens when typical passengers arrive at the skytrain City Air Terminal (CAT) in Bangkok.
Firstly they need to reclaim their heavy baggage from the luggage carriage then transit to a waiting taxi for the onward transpotation to their hotel only to be back involved in the traffic caos :nonono:
Also, I can not imagine this service/procedure is going to make much appeal to couples or families :?

Maybe I'm missing something, after all it is only a couple of beers cheaper than a taxi.

All the signs were up the other week pointing to the station at the airport and i could see one of the new trains as i headed for patts. It works in other cities- why not here? KL and Manchester your baggage rides in the same carriage you are in. Its only city station check in in KL when your bag travels separate. I just wish peeps would give this a chance before slamming it. I agree not necessarily for family use but for single or light travellers I think its great. In May I was in Singapore and from the airport to Geylang took 20 minutes. WHo needs baggage anyway- a toothbrush and spare pair of shreddies is good enough for me! :butterfly:

Bearing in mind that the line to Rayong goes straight past the airport wouldn't it be great if they could include it into the newly proposed high speed network that wuld really piss off the taxi frivers headed for patts :D

#53 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:26 AM

It works in other cities- why not here? KL and Manchester your baggage rides in the same carriage you are in. Its only city station check in in KL when your bag travels separate. I just wish peeps would give this a chance before slamming it. I agree not necessarily for family use but for single or light travellers I think its great.

I completely agree, and think it will be a success in the long run.

It's not just about saving money, for those who have sat for two+ hours in rush hour traffic between the Ariport and Sukhumvit, the Sky Train is definitely a welcome new option.

It looks like the express trains between the airport and Makkasan 9city station) are just 15 minutes, considering this is just a short ride away from Asok area, or an additional stop to/from Nana station, I can cretainly see the benefit when not travelling with a mass of luggage!

Attached Files

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci