Skytrain

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#25 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

If train really works for Kings birthday I would be surprised, on news it was told April 1. :D

But at least some good news. My dear neighbors, Germans – DB will be in charge of operating the service.

http://bangkokairpor...n.com/news.html

BR

p.s.
Sorry guys, I know there is mostly Anglo-Saxon population of this forum but... for managing something to work, I prefer my neighbors. :angel:

#26 budhas

budhas
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:37 AM

Great i let me surprise how much it cost then. We will see

#27 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

If train really works for Kings birthday I would be surprised, on news it was told April 1. :D

But at least some good news. My dear neighbors, Germans – DB will be in charge of operating the service.

http://bangkokairpor...n.com/news.html

BR

p.s.
Sorry guys, I know there is mostly Anglo-Saxon population of this forum but... for managing something to work, I prefer my neighbors. :angel:

#28 Conan111

Conan111
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

According to a local Bangkok taxi driver it's supposed to start running on the King's birthday - 5th December.

Any news?

#29 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

According to a local Bangkok taxi driver it's supposed to start running on the King's birthday - 5th December.

Any news?

On Friday they extended deadline, new one is April 2010. TIT: :lol:

BR

#30 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

On Friday they extended deadline, new one is April 2010. TIT: :lol:

Almost right... it was close :lol:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#31 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

On the other hand soon, like »early next year« :lol: , there will be single ticket for BTS and MRT. Finally. :clapclap:

From Bangkok Post:

»BTS and Bangkok Metro Plc, which operates the subway in the capital, also expect their single ticketing system will be ready to serve Bangkok commuters early next year. The electronic cards will be available at convenience stores and hypermarkets in the future.«

BR

#32 idolhere

idolhere
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

The last new is they will open at July 2010.

However, I think that it may delay.

No one know why they don't open it.
What's a problem?

I pass the airport link everyday but i didn't see anyone try to do something with it.

#33 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:45 AM

Whenever it opens I don't think it will attract many BM's
I cant imagine after a long flight we would be inclined to get to the station, ride into dowtown, change trains get off at Nana and then wheel luggage to your hotel of choice.
It might be more use going home if your down to your last few baht 8)
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#34 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:12 AM

who the fuck can be bothered with trains and buses after a long flight, taxi hotel simple and a lot less hastle.
fair enough as patrick said if going home and are a bit on the skint side, but when arriving :nonono:

#35 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

It would not surprise me if some sort of surcharge on taxis to the City was implemented to encourage the use of this incredibly expensive piece of engineering. Otherwise how on earth do they expect arriving and departing tourists with heavy baggage to use it......that one has had me baffled for a few years now :shrug:

#36 idolhere

idolhere
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

I have never think about big luggage. I hope that who construct this airport link think about this point. 8)

Airport Link may connect to BTS at Phayathai Station (2 stations from Siam station). This may be comfortable I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci