Taking a Taxi from Airport to Nana area or anywhere in BKK

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#97 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

:clapclap: Good info. thanks for the updates gentleman. Its good to have a few different options to choose from. Would love to hear any exxperiences from guys who have taken the new skytrain. Its running test runs once a day I have heard and will be in full service by April.
===============================

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

#98 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

:clapclap: Good info. thanks for the updates gentleman. Its good to have a few different options to choose from. Would love to hear any exxperiences from guys who have taken the new skytrain. Its running test runs once a day I have heard and will be in full service by April.

It was doing a test run as i took a taxi from the Airport on 03/12/2009 I asked the driver when it will be up and running he said be a few months off yet.

#99 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

I was told the same by my taxi driver April is the first planned date... actual date of service start is... who knows. :angel:

BR

#100 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:56 AM

I was told the same by my taxi driver April is the first planned date... actual date of service start is... who knows. :angel:

BR

Yes, I mentioned April on the earlier post. I got that from their web-site that Robislo posted a while back.

http://bangkokairporttrain.com/

Any word on the cost to get from Airport to Nana? Someone on another site mentioned around 100 baht.

#101 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:56 AM

Have heard two diffrent prices one from the taxi driver from the airport 100 baht

The other from a guard on phrom phong station 200 baht while waiting on natcha

Best just wait and see.

#102 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

A useful contact for a limo ride between Bangkok/Pattaya and Pattaya/Bangkok.

I recently used the "Jimbo Taxi Service" from The Nana Hotel (The Bangkok Mothership) to the Evergreen (Areca Lodge - Pattaya). A very pleasant, safe and friendly driver with an agreed cost of B1,300 (inc. tolls).

24 hours notice is required, unless you catch this friendly bald Thai chauffeur in the a.m. in or around Sukhumvit Soi4 (outside NEP/Nana Hotel).

Attached Files

Meum cerebrum nocet

#103 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

A useful contact for a limo ride between Bangkok/Pattaya and Pattaya/Bangkok.

I recently used the "Jimbo Taxi Service" from The Nana Hotel (The Bangkok Mothership) to the Evergreen (Areca Lodge - Pattaya). A very pleasant, safe and friendly driver with an agreed cost of B1,300 (inc. tolls).

24 hours notice is required, unless you catch this friendly bald Thai chauffeur in the a.m. in or around Sukhumvit Soi4 (outside NEP/Nana Hotel).

If no one else is going to give you props for the micro report on BKK to Pattaya, I will. Good info and photos. I forgot how busy heir dashboards were.
:D

#104 trans69

trans69
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hello. This is my first post to the forum.
I usualy use Mr. Sea to get me to Pattaya.
If you bargain, you pay 1000Baht.
Mr_Sea_beach@hotmail.com
08-6303-3307

#105 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:46 AM

Hello. This is my first post to the forum.
I usualy use Mr. Sea to get me to Pattaya.
If you bargain, you pay 1000Baht.
Mr_Sea_beach@hotmail.com
08-6303-3307

Welcome to the forum t69. Thats a good 1st post. I take it they are reliable?

#106 trans69

trans69
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

thank you, yes,he is very reliable. he is always on time. Good drivers and good new cars. I used him many times,never had any problem

#107 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:44 AM

It may not be the most convenient, but definitely the cheapest option. Most people are chomping at the bit to get to Patts, so waiting around for one of the 4 buses could be unbearable . Plus you arrive at bus terminal in Patts which is more than a walk to hotels.

Bangkok Airport to Pattaya By Bus
There lots of tour buses going from outside the Arrivals Terminal, but these are chartered to groups, so for the independent traveler, its necessary to go to the Ordinary Bus Terminal.

There is a free shuttle bus from outside the main terminal.

The stop is at the far end of the row of bus stops outside the convenience store, having turned left when coming out of the lower floor of the main building.

The free shuttle takes about 15 minutes to get to the bus station as it stops at various administrative buildings on the way.

The bus station is the last stop, so there’s no need to worry about getting off at the wrong stop.

The bus to Pattaya is at the far end of the row of bus stops, and is signposted in Thai and English.

The fare is around 110 Baht for the air conditioned bus and they currently have four services from 6am through to 7pm.

The bus number is 999 and the journey time is around 2hours.

Source: http://www.bangkokpi...t/topattaya.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci