Taking a Taxi from Airport to Nana area or anywhere in BKK

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#25 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

Lots of locals even arrange their pick-ups to meet them in this area as there is a lot less hassle and traffic. Easy to get out for them and or a taxi.
===============================

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

#26 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

The AVAT Tourist Tax Refund office is another way to recover some funds. Save you receipts on gifts and purchases and get your refund here. If your buying a lot of things, gold, electronics, etc, it really adds up and makes it worth while. This one is located by Gate C.

Meals and accomadation do not count.

#27 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Excellent Idea boarhog and well laid out.

Thank you for taking the time & effort to put this on the forum.

Well i appreciated the post !!!

#28 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Way too much time on your hands boarhog.

For my part I'm happy to use the excellent system which has been put in place by the airport authority and continue to catch my cab at the ground floor, I know it means paying a few dollars more but hey....I can afford it :)

#29 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

Way too much time on your hands boarhog.

For my part I'm happy to use the excellent system which has been put in place by the airport authority and continue to catch my cab at the ground floor, I know it means paying a few dollars more but hey....I can afford it :)

and you who doesn't have time wants to wait in a que then in traffic? Up to you.

I'll take the quicker less expensive alternative everytime.

#30 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Better still, send an email to Mr.T taxis, and you'll have someone waiting for you as you exit with your bag.

Quicker, simpler AND cheaper..

Make a reservation in advance email mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com or call for reservation +66 38-720-318 or mobile 081-258-7716/081-351-3612.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#31 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

and you who doesn't have time wants to wait in a que then in traffic? Up to you.

I'll take the quicker less expensive alternative everytime.

In fifty plus arrivals at either of the Bangkok airports, I've thus far not had to wait in line for a taxi loger than the time it takes them to write out a destination ticket for the driver.
Paying 100 Baht more for the approved method while I'm about to start a spend spend spend holiday troubles me not :?

#32 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:09 AM

I've used the Departures level for a taxi to Sukhumvit more times than I can remember.

However, it is not the saving of a few Baht (approx. £1) which sends me upstairs, that's irrelevant... it is the simple fact that I am able to choose my ride into town and not get lumbered with any old shitty and fucked-up taxi that is next in line downstairs in arrivals.

Notice how many beaten-up old bangers with dodgy meters wait inline downstairs in Arrivals to how many clean and well-looked after newer taxis are available upstairs dropping people off in Departures.

It's not the money that's the deciding factor at all, it's the quality and safety of the vehicle.

This is an old topic which has been covered before on a number of occasions across several fora, but not in such photographic and descriptive detail. As PT says.. too much time :|

Meum cerebrum nocet

#33 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:16 AM

This is an old topic which has been covered before on a number of occasions across several fora, but not in such photographic and descriptive detail. As PT says.. too much time :|

My deepest apologies for taking the time to help someone who asked. I must yield to the guys who have less time in the future.

#34 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:27 AM

In fifty plus arrivals at either of the Bangkok airports, I've thus far not had to wait in line for a taxi loger than the time it takes them to write out a destination ticket for the driver.
Paying 100 Baht more for the approved method while I'm about to start a spend spend spend holiday troubles me not :?

Thats fine, I realise people get set in their ways and often afraid to change something that works for them.

I'll keep applying my strategy whether its BKK, VN or China. for me it is about choice, and I will take the cheaper quicker option. I'm also with dixon on the point I want to choose my driver and Taxi and this involves speaking to my actual driver.

If people want to follow the mainstream crowd thats their choice.

#35 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

Thai governement had recently had a big crackdown against the illegal taxi services that were operating which has helped from what I have heard.

It was my understanding that the taxi queue was the crackdown on illegal taxi services. That only approved taxis could go to the queue where any could go to the departure area. FWIW
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#36 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

xyzzy is partially correct. When they first opened Suvarnabhumi the original plan was for the public taxi queue to be out in the transporation centre, where a lot of the public buses go. This was idiotic as it was 1 km away, plus opened the taxi service up to the illegal taxi touts and other scammers in the arrivals area.

At old Don Muang Airport there were public taxi queues at both the domestic and international terminals, and far less illegal taxi touts than Suvarnabhumi. There was also an airport surcharge of around 50 Baht as I recall. This is typical for most any international airport and is usually way more than 50 Baht.

You can try your luck at the departures level, but I read recently police were cracking down on taxis attempting to pick up passengers there. To go further with this The Nation reported there will be a police station opened at Suvarnabhumi to help combat criminal gangs operating there who attempt to steal from luggage, set up tourists for shakedowns like fake shoplifting charges, etc. It was reported that airport administration linked to some of these criminal gangs have been already dismissed.

Hopefully this will all work to make Survarnabhumi a better airport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci