How much do you tip?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#25 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:31 AM

i was told by an ex-pat that 5 baht is a tip.
thats what you get charged for the toilet, as it is seen as a tip.
20 baht is more than enough in general .
although, if you have sat on your arse all night in the same bar, with one girl looking after you, it would be right to bung her 100.
but into her hand.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#26 Ali71

Ali71
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:54 AM

I think I may have tipped too much on some occasions and not enough on others, in the sense that sometimes I was ingorant and put the money on the tray when it was meant for the girl holding it. Other times I tipped people that didnt deserve one lol

I felt a bit guilty when I only tipped this taxi driver 20 Baht for a an Hour journey but I was annoyed at the time, as one of the motorcycle taxis said he would take me to his friend who would do the trip for a certain price and when I got over to his friend he asked for more, I dont like this type of situation, just tell me a price and I will sya yes or no

#27 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

you reminded me now.
whatever you tip , it is never enough.!
fuck em.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#28 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

#29 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

tony said

whatever you tip , it is never enough.!
fuck em.

well said mate, too fucking true :lol:

#30 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

We pool the tips at C & Ds to share amongst all the bar staff, the cashier, and the DJ. I encourage customers to be generous as it keeps them happy. After all, it must be galling for them to watch the LBs earning 50Bt for every ladydrink, while sitting on their arse with their hand in some guys crotch, then earning 100Bt commission for the barfine on top of the money they'll earn for getting laid! Most of them have families to support, and a salary of 8,000Bt just doesn't do it in the tourist hotspots.
So dont listen to tight-arse aussies - be generous! (Please).

#31 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

So dont listen to tight-arse aussies - be generous! (Please).

I agree those members of the team must be taken care of and, I don't go along with KK's comments when he wrote

Tipping is certainly not expected or mandatory in Thailand

in my lengthy experience (in the tourist centres) it most certainly is.
I suppose it is because I'm a generous type and a firm believer in rewarding good service with a gratutity however, I take exception to those restaurants which add 10% on to my bill without telling me :shock:

#32 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

come on guys, it all comes down to if the tip is deserved, if you get lousy service, offer to buy a lb a drink and her face is tripping her then no tip, but if she is good company, and fools around a little then obviously a tip is required, you would have to be a right tight fisted cunt if you did not generally follow these rules

#33 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

when you are brought back your change , it is usually on a silver tray.
if you leave a tip on the silver tray, it goes back to the cashier.
some bars pool this money, others, the cashier keeps it all.
if a girl has looked after you all night, and you want to tip her personally, put any tip you want to give into her hand . not the tray.

Very cool, I didnt know that thanks!

#34 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:00 AM

I take great pleasure in giving them fuck-all in some bars where the service has been awful to indifferent................Pooks tops my list for this particular trait.............. :evil:

I'll tip the LB who gives me her time but aren't we all absafuckinglutely sick of the drink scroungers............... :x

I'm never rude or impolite but have taken to blanking them these days and I couldn't give a toss how much they pout and flick and slag me off to the chums..............in fact I make a point in buying the girls I know a drink to rub it in.................... :lol:

I know they have a living to make and being an LB is an expense in itself but they have to display a wee bit of etiquette before they dip their digits in my sporran.............brushing their teeth after the Pappaya salad helps too..................... :roll:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#35 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

nicely put man. 8)

#36 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

when you are brought back your change , it is usually on a silver tray.
if you leave a tip on the silver tray, it goes back to the cashier.
some bars pool this money, others, the cashier keeps it all.
if a girl has looked after you all night, and you want to tip her personally, put any tip you want to give into her hand . not the tray.

Very cool, I didnt know that thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci