TRIP REPORT - The Philippines

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

Am a long time lurker but have never got round to posting. The Philippines (PI) seems to get a bad rap here and on other forums so it seemed like a good idea to put the record straight and get a bit more detail out there and introduce you to the LB delights of this country. Anyway, this is (I think) my first post so go easy on me fellas….

First a bit more about myself; I started visiting Thailand a lot about 8 or 9 years back and broke my LB duck in Casanovas. In fact I spent many happy times and a lot of money with Amy, Nee and the other girls there. Amy in particular I liked and wherever she is (last I heard was Switzerland but that was a good few years ago) I hope she is well and happy. Ditto Nee. Looking back I think I liked the Amazonian thing going on at Casanova but now prefer them a bit more slim and natural. Maybe it’s an age thing? Also hooked up with Natalie from KC3 a few times, she had a car, and apartment (always bloody cold) and an appetite for bedroom fun that was hard to keep up with. Did a lot of roaming around Sukhumvit, Phuket and had some good times on Koh Samui as well.

But enough of the old days here’s the skinny on the Philippines which is where I spend much of my time these days. Sorry guys, no photos here, I love looking at ‘em but never get round to taking ‘em so it’s a err dry report.

BTW for reference points the rate of exchange is approximately $1 USD = Philippine Peso (Php) 50-00

Background

Firstly and obviously the Philippines is not Thailand, and where else is? So if you are planning a solid monger then head over to LOS. We can’t compete here. But it does have some great advantages – good weather, great beaches, cheap beer, everyone speaks excellent English – so you can chat away all night if you need to (why would you?!) and the LB’s are really nice. Some of them are even beautiful! It’s a fine place to visit for a holiday and to hook up with some of the girls, good for a long weekend and fine for a business trip.

There are loads of LB’s here but you just have to work a bit harder to find the little honeys. LB’s are widely accepted in the PI and find work outside of the clubs and bar scene – especially in the Call Centre business which employs hundreds of them. Surgery and bolt-ons is not particularly big so most of the girls look kind of more natural (yum) Some look great and others, well they look more like fellas dressed as girls but then there is always something for everyone.

This is not meant to be a definitive guide so feel free to shout if I have made mistakes or missed anything out. If I have, then apologies in advance. I’m going to split this into a few postings so if it’s just too dull than tell me to shut the fuck up sooner rather than later and I will return to happy lurking.

Manila

Most people come to Manila at some point when visiting the PI and for sure you can find plenty of LB’s here. There are two main areas to stay and visit; Makati and Ermita / Malate. Ignore anyone who tells you otherwise and definitely stay in Makati, this is the main business district and has the best bars, hotels, restaurants, shopping and nightlife. I’ve seen the City called a dump here which is way unfair - parts of Manila are very cool and Makati is a great place to spend some time

Best known Bar area is Burgos St which has about 30 bars on it and the good news is that the first LB Bar opened there about 3 – 4 months ago. Shampoo is open from about 9.00pm – 5.00 am and is pretty good. I was there last week and there were about 20 girls working there. Some real stunners, some real biffers and plenty in between. As per norm there is music, a small dance floor and a nightly cabaret that lasts for about 30 mins. OK if you like cabaret, I don’t so spent a happier time grappling with a couple of the girls on a sofa. Drinks are about Php 110 for a beer and Php 350 for a ladies drink. BF is 3500 which is lumpy but about standard for the area. Anyway I am sure that the discerning Gent can come to other arrangements on that front. The girls there are great fun and there is not much pressure once you get in your seat.

Have never seen any LB’s in the other clubs. Maybe it’s policy not to employ them. Out on the street there are plenty of freelancers. To be honest they look a bit scary, I used to hook up with some of them a couple of years back but am not sure I would do it these days. Cost is going to be from about Php 1000 up or less as they get more desperate. Freelancers seem to get busiest from about 10.00pm onwards. There are a couple of bars on Burgos St (Matrix and the Bellagio) where you can sit outside and watch the world go by – well worth doing. Bellagio is a good hotel to stay and like all along here they welcome joiners. In fact they look at you a bit weirdly if you don’t bring home any with you. I took 3 LB’s back there once (I was younger then) and they never blinked an eye. There are also freelancers along neighbouring Makati Avenue but they do look seriously skanky.

Away from Burgos St your next best bet for a meet is in the Greenbelt Complex. Greenbelt consists of 5 adjoining Malls with a huge outdoors area containing dozens of great / chic bars and restaurants. Freelancers patrol around here from mid-evening onwards and you are doing something very wrong if you don’t bump into several of them. These girls are a step up from the FL’s on Burgos and I have happily hooked up with one or two of them. They are either cruising the walkways or can be more usually found on the main taxi rank, in the Coffee shop next to Hagen Daaz (near the taxi rank) and of by Starbucks next to Café Havana in the central area. CH is a well known meeting point / pick up joint and if you sit there long enough then you are going to find GGs or LB’s making a move on you. If they don’t then you need to have a long hard look at yourself…Rates for FL’s here run from about Php 1500 upwards. Twosomes or more are not difficult to arrange.

By contrast the Ermita / Malate area is where tourists used to stay before Makati took off. It’s a bit crap there these days but there are some attractions. The main drag (sorry) is Adriatico St and there are FL’s working here, though they are a bit basic. About halfway down the Street near the Remedios Circle is a LB cabaret bar called (I think) Mr Lady. This is not a take away but is a show with some shocking comedians followed by LB dancers and showgirls. Small upstairs place with few guests and about a dozen LB’s. Again some of them are cute and others not quite so. I got talking to one of them about 18 months ago and saw her on and off for daytime meets for the next year or so and she was great fun. It’s not difficult to arrange to meet the girls after the club shuts or at a later time that’s suits you. Most of them seem to have their photos on LB websites at some stage.

Elsewhere in Malate a good place to find LB’s is near Starbucks (where else?) at the front of the Robinsons Mall. The area is also home to Boystown and several of the discos are going to be home to the girls later in the evenings.

If you still don’t have any luck with the above then some wild card suggestions are to walk any of the main shopping malls on weekend afternoons or wander around the business district at office closing (I know this is sounding desperate but so are you if you have to resort to this) watching the Call Centres emptying out. One final tip for Manila – there is a large but cheap and cheerful seafood dining area called the Seafood Dampa close to the Bay of Manila. Dozens of restaurants surround a market where you buy your fish and take it to a restaurant to cook it for you. A bit more upmarket than it sounds and is popular with tourists in the know, ex-pats and locals. The great thing here, apart from the food, is that loads of the greeters and waitresses are LB’s. I met one from here a few months back for a hotel meet. Mixed results to be fair but I’m going back there to have another go soon.

End of Part 1. Will follow up with Part 2 to include Cebu, Boracay, Angeles etc when I next have time.
  • duke007 likes this

#2 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

nice report dazedandconfused, some pics would go down a treat to get full advantage of whats on offer.

Cheers

#3 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:05 AM

Hi dazedandconfused,

Glad you finally managed to start posting, as this stuff is absolute gold to anyone planning a trip to the Phillipines.

There is so much information available on the Thailand scene, however finding information on the Phillipines is somewhat more difficult.

Hope to make it over there myself soon, meanwhile will wait patiently for the next chapter. :D

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#4 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:19 AM

Nice intro to the PIs and some very valuable info that I am sure will be of use to a few BMs. Well done.

#5 Fumbduck

Fumbduck
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thanks, very useful report.

BF is 3500 which is lumpy but about standard for the area.

When you say BF, I'm assuming that you don't mean just the actual bar-fine as it would be roughly 2500 THB, but rather BF (if they use that) and ST, or am I mistaken? If so, it would be rather expensive compared to LOS.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

#6 bigmick22

bigmick22
  • Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

barfine in Pi includes the girl's fee - usually they also get a small tip of 200 peso or so on top of that

it's an all-in price ... so doesn't make sense to compare it to barfine in LOS

#7 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

nice report dazedandconfused, some pics would go down a treat to get full advantage of whats on offer.

Cheers

I know, I know. Sorry, no pics. Not been very interested in taking them before and domestic security issues now make it tricky..!

#8 dexter

dexter
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

thanks dazedandconfused i am about to go to philippines for 19 nights there and waiting to see your other cities too will be in cebu borocay angeles getting any information about philippines is near impossible nothing like thailand i have some contacts before i go but will see what happens

#9 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:28 PM

The Philippines Part 2

Thanks for the comments above Gents

Ok, we continue:

Angeles City

About 2 hours drive North of Manila is Angeles City which is adjacent to Clarke where some of the budget international flights arrive. AC was a popular R & R place for US servicemen and has continued to grow after they have left. In fact it’s the nearest thing here to Pattaya. There seem to be hundreds of Girly bars running along the main strip of Angeles called Fields Avenue. Some great clubs but choc full of GG’s. There is barely a LB in sight. There are a few FL’s to be found hanging around the Avenue halfway down but they are a bit extreme. I remember reading a post sometime ago that described them as being ‘baked out of their gourds’ which was both a superb and memorable description. My advice would be to leave them well alone as they seem to come with plenty of damage / trouble.
Fantastic place to visit for the ladies alone but not really worth going there if you are on an LB run. Mind you, if someone was to open up a good LB bar there they would probably clean up. Must be a good reason I guess why it hasn’t happened. If you are in the area and want to find them then maybe check out the hairdressers as suggested elsewhere here. Also a lot of webcam LB’s seem to be based in the area so maybe set up a date in advance of arrival.

Puerto Galera

PG is primarily a place for divers to the South of Manila. Dozens of dive shops and resorts are situated in Sabang Village just outside PG. With all this come bars, restaurants, girly bars etc. A handful of LB Freelancers are always on hand and they tend to hang out close to The Big Apple bar. You can also find them walking around the small lanes. Usual advice is to take your own with you if you can.

Boracay

Boracay is the best known holiday island in the Philippines and it is a fun place to visit. Best known for its huge and stunning white beach that runs the length of much of the island it is covered in resorts, hotels, bars, restaurants and late night discos / clubs. Loads of stuff to do during the day including diving, golf, windsurfing etc. Night time is when the social scene comes alive and people start to party. There are no girly bars here and no real scene like that BUT there is no shortage of GG and LB freelancers.

The length of White Beach is backed by loads of hotels and they run from basic 3 stars up to 4 and 5 stars. Rooms are not that cheap but nearly all are joiner friendly. Lots of cheap eats and drinks on the beach and its very difficult not to have fun on Boracay as most here are in party mode. The emphasis is on the beach life and everyone sits under the palms to eat and drink. Make no mistake though this is increasingly an upmarket island and it’s not a hippy hang out. The main late night drinking / dancing places stay open until about 3.00am or beyond if it’s busy.

The LB freelancers are usually to be found on the beach path (this is a safe and well lit area which is the ‘main road’ running the length of the beach and next to all of the bars / hotels) after about 10.00pm. They usually hang out in the centre of the beach near to the D’Mall (kind of a shopping area) and outside Hey Judes and Summer Place which are popular bars. If you don’t find them there then walk about 100 yards in either direction to the North and the South. Keep looking after midnight more come out then as well.

Another good place to find them is towards the North end of White Beach in the clubs at that end – look in Cocomangas, Pier One etc. Walk along the beach and follow the sound and lights and you will find the bars. Last time I was there I was chatting away to a great looking girl but couldn’t quite work out if she was an LB or not (she was very convincing) at some point a well meaning local wandered over to warn me that she was a ‘Baclad’ (Filipino for LB or Gay) so of course I was straight in. Went back to the room and had a solid time with her. Cost was about Php 1000-00 and her approach, manners etc were top notch. Unlike tale below she could not have been nicer.

Word to the wise on the FL’s there – usually best if you take them back to your hotel. I once walked with 2 of them back to their room under the promise of a double combo package. Room turned out to be a slum and they were very insistent that the lights be turned off before we got down to it. It all began to feel very wrong and it took some time before I got myself out of what might have been a tricky situation. Tread carefully.

Aside from the Pros this is a holiday island for all Filipinos who can afford it so you just might find yourself embarking on a holiday romance with a LB who is simply there for the fun. It can happen. But not often.

Avoid Boracay at Xmas and Easter it’s too busy.

I will finish it there for now and wrap up with Part 3 next time. That will include stuff on Cebu which apparently has the finest LB’s in country and who am I to argue? And a bit on where else you can contact the girls.

#10 Guest_DutchCowboy_*

Guest_DutchCowboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:08 AM

HI D&C, another one :shock: Nice name. Thanks for this info. Was chatting with LB from Cebu for long before hitting LOS. What I found very appealing is that English is commonly spoken language there. I found it very easy to have very good conversations. What is your experience? I would consider it a big advantage over LOS.

#11 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:49 AM

Hey there Dutch, I found that too when I visited Cebu 2 years ago. I was amazed that almost all of the girls I spoke to all had an american twang to their accents. Didn't really notice it much in the lads, but the girls, for sure.

They have a different way about them In noticed too. Tended to hang out much more in the malls in groups and if any of them took a fancy to you.... you soon knew about it, then the rest was up to you.

#12 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:26 AM

Hi Dutch and Jacksonmi6

Yup, it DOES make all the difference speaking English. Pretty much everyone in the PI speaks it and fairly fluently as well. Like I said before this means that you can have normal conversations without having to fall back on 'bar talk' after a few minutes. American accents tend to come from TV - pretty much wallpaper coverage of US based television and movies here, legacy of heavy US involvement in the Philippines over the years. and large number of Filipinos working / living in the US.

I really do think that people are genuinely friendlier in the PI than in the LOS and the language sure helps a lot.

Jackson you are dead right about the Malls and the LB's gathering in groups - they are not shy! Part of this is because they are pretty much acceppted throughout the country so they are not having to hide away or keep a low profile. So they are just as likely to be cruising as GG's or us!

To tell the truth - its great here for LB's and I have met some lovely friendly girls in the PI's but you just need to be a bit patient and not expect to walk into a bar like Cascade, Obsessions etc and find them immediately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci