Photo

Biopho Phuket - is it LB friendly? other recomendations?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

Hey guys- I will heading down to Phuket from Dec 17 to the 23 and am looking for a place to stay. One felllow on the site was talking up the Biopho and from the web site it looks really nice. But when he was asked if it was LB friendly no direct reponse was given. Ofcourse the implication cause he posted on this site is that it was ok but cause I am the cautious type I would like to know for sure that 1- its LB friendly and 2- no joiner fee.

Also the international house doesnt post a price on its website anyone know the high season price.

Ofcourse any other suggestions from you fine lads would be welcome I am looking to spend under 2800bht (thats about the max). This is my first trip to Phuket and to give you an idea of the standard of accomadtions I like I usally stay at the DGI in bangkok and the DI in Pattaya. I did look through alot of posts but wouldnt mind hearing any fresh reviews

BTW if anyone will be around on those dates and would like have a drink let me know.
Thanks All

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:26 AM

Have you checked this thread that is a "sticky" at the top of the forum? LB Friendly Phuket Hotels

#3 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hi Rx
Thank you for your response. Yea I did take a look at that thread, but I was just reaching to the BMs for any recent updates. I in fact originally found out about the Biopho from perusing the board. I came upon the Biopho again on another non-LB board where it was mentioned that it was guest friendly, but no mention of LBs. As you can imagine I am up against a time constraint cause I am arriving in Dec, so I have to button things down quickly. Again thanx for response, cheers.

#4 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:00 AM

Hey guys- I will heading down to Phuket from Dec 17 to the 23

BTW if anyone will be around on those dates and would like have a drink let me know.
Thanks All

I will be in the C&D on the 20th and no doubt until the 30th :)

#5 filbert

filbert
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:07 AM

I'll be there from the 24th till about the 10th of Jan
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- Plato

#6 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

larrylarry, contact the hotel directly - most will be guest friendly for one extra (as long as you book the room for 2 persons). When they say guest friendly, they mean gg, lb or guy.

Check the location on the map - it is very handy to be within walking distance of Soi Bangla as the Tuk Tuks are run by a mafia and charge outrageous prices.

I have used The Place to Stay. It has very nice rooms and is quite handy.

#7 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

larrylarry, contact the hotel directly - most will be guest friendly for one extra (as long as you book the room for 2 persons). When they say guest friendly, they mean gg, lb or guy.

Likely the vast majority of the time this is true but not always. I once stayed at Rico's Hotel just off Bangla Road. They were guest friendly but that turned out to mean only for GGs. Much to my disappointment they were not LB guest friendly. Quite a bummer when I tried to bring my date back from C&D.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#8 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:21 AM

Hey Guys
Again Thanx for the thoughtful reponses to my inquiry.

So at the end of it all I booked a room at (or at least emailed them waiting to hear back) at C+D for my five days in Phuket. The price was right, the location seems ok (by the beach would have been better but Patong Inn was 2x as much) I just hope that the rooms are not unsavory.

Duke007 - if you care to meet up I would be pleased to have cold drink with you. If anyone else is around feel free to contact me as well

#9 luuk tung

luuk tung
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Do you mean C&N Hotel? That's a nice hotel and they are LB-friendly. No extra charge for having your date with you in the room.

They don't have swimming pool, but it's not far down to the beach :D

#10 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Yes C&N was what I was refereing to but alas it did not work out, they didnt have a suitable room for me. They were however very honest about what was availble which is better than the old bait and switch. Its says alot about the intgrety of the owner. Presently I am weighing the choices between the Biopho at 2400BHT per and two Hotels at about half that The International House and Poppa Palace.

#11 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:44 AM

Larrylarry..give Poppa a miss..They r now alot more "family-oriented",specially at high season..which means ..there might be some problems with bringing a lady back..if thats your intention :wink:

However,I have not experienced this myself,its just "the talk of the town"..Ive always avoided the place myself due to this. But it seems nice & is in a good location..
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#12 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:20 AM

So appreciate the tip thank you.

I have a friend staying at Poppa's right now and thats how it came up on my radar. He has been texting me from Phuket telling me what a nice place it is and that for about $20US it cant be beat. He may be right but during peak season it will be more expensive and if they dont allow ladyboys as we say in NYC "forgedabodit"

I am done farting around I am just going to confrim at Biopho. I just wish I had positive confirmation about ladyboys and no joiners fee cause they want a deposit to hold the room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci