Cascades Bar, Nana Plaza, enter at your own risk

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 kanika

kanika
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

Last week, while visiting Cascades Bar, I witnessed truly horrific scene - farang was brutally attacked and beaten by bunch of drug crazed ladyboys. Whole gang of those cunts descended upon poor fellow, knocking him off and kicking in the head. Not sure if he survived the attack or what injuries he sustained. Cascades came up with new way to treat its customers. Even before I had reservations about visiting Cascades, but now will stay clear of this shithole forever. For those of you who are not familiar with the scene - Cascades is ladyboy bar located on the last third floor of Nana Plaza in Bangkok.

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

Surely there are some other crucial details that have not been relayed in your post ? :?

Would be interested in knowing the "full" story.

Have been going there for many years, and up until now have never left with a hair out of place.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#3 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

It's a bit unfair to cast judgement without knowing the context and how the whole event began.

Some guys bring trouble upon themselves, and some are just unlucky, but I'd be surprised if it simply started over something minor.

I've never had problems in any of the nana bars, and wouldn't hesitate to continue visting them all.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#4 Guest_DutchCowboy_*

Guest_DutchCowboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

When I went there first, me got jumped too. But then again, in a good way. Hehe. V.much enjoyed the place, bit pushy at times, but then again there is lots of variety hence plenty of competition for the girls. Did have this one chick show me vids of aThai kick boxing career in a previous life, erm, that kinda turned me on. LOL.

#5 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:19 AM

I never believe any of this »urban myths« how poor farangs were attacked by crazy Thais for no reason. Most of this stories have history like farang being long mouth ash...le thinking he could say all the sh..t he can usually say at home without consequences. :twisted: Too may times I’ve seen in Pattaya how farangs provoked working girls and when being attacked by crazy bunch of girls they were surprised and acted innocent victims... This is Thailand and sometimes you just have to be quiet or deal with consequences if not… 8)

BR

#6 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:08 AM

been to los many a time and never had any problems with thais, as when i am in their country, drunk or sobber treat them with respect, and manners cost nothing, by all means have a laugh , joke, carry on with them, but if you become a dick head, then you deserve all you get.
i know i am jumping the gun here, but sounds like this tourist had a dose of becomming a dick head, and got his just desserts.

#7 mike3369

mike3369
  • Members
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:32 AM

never had any probs in nana bars , and cascades shall be one of my bars to visit , get the wallet out and everyones happy :lol:
The best things in life are not free , the best thing in life is being free...Thai girls are honest whores unlike all the dishonest white sluts

#8 MDS

MDS
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

Probably more than meets the eye on this one...as mentioned above.

CASCADES is fun place, but yes a bit pushy at times. Had fun in there last trip.

#9 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

Ladyboys would be among the most highly strung humans we shall ever encounter.
Sometimes a word out of place or misunderstanding can turn a seemingly friendly piece of banter into full scale verbal slating followed by violence. Years ago I was attacked in Casanova by an LB with a stiletto because she was not the chosen one for that evening despite her 30 minutes of blowing me up in the bar :oops:

#10 fridgemagnet

fridgemagnet
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

last time I went there with my girlfriend (I have always enjoyed Cascades) and we had a great time - they were friendly to the visitor from Indonesia, but did want drinks - but then what do you expect - it's not a charity.
If many lb's were angry to the point of violence - and they are professionals used to idiot farang - then I don't doubt that he got what he asked for.
Girls are great, but you can't beat the real thing.

#11 Guest_DutchCowboy_*

Guest_DutchCowboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

do you know why he was attacked? i like cascades

#12 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

Interesting topic title - "enter at your own risk".

Who else would be assuming responsibility for yourself going into any bar in Thailand other than yourself??

IMHO sounds like there were other factors involved in this incident. I've personally never had any problems when i act appropriately in any bar. That might be luck rather than good judgement - but thats my experience anyways.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci