Photo

Airport Link in December 2009?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Will the first trains on Airport Link start running in December 2009?

Will the first trains on Airport Link start running in December 2009?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#13 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

I see 88% say No, lol.
Oh ye of little faith!

#14 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

It has been a while since I have caught a taxi from the airport straight into BKK; I usually head straight to Pattaya. Are you saying that if you line up at the public taxi area it will only cost 50 baht extra? Do they put the meter on, or is that another discussion once in the taxi?

I tire of arguing with these drivers over turning meters on. I cannot count the amount of times I have lined up at MBK in the rank, got in a taxi and then got out before we have left the carpark because all of a sudden the driver plays deaf or starts to negotiate a price because the meter is not working.

When I last hit BKK it was about 1 AM. I went to the tax queue and was asked where I wanted to go. The girl at the little desk didn't understand my my explanation of how to get to EverRich but I had the details on my laptop and showed the driver. They give you a little receipt and charge you 50 baht. I told the driver to start the meter and he did no problem. It was, I think, 283 baht to EverRich at that time of night (on Sukhumvit half way between Soi 5 and Soi 7). I've only done this once since they set up the taxi stand. But I had no problem. Much easier that dragging my luggage up to arrivals and trying to find a taxi. But since I only did it once maybe I got lucky with the driver.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#15 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

#16 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Don't know if I would use it, but if it brings down the price of taxis for the same route, then good for us. It is getting harder and harder to grab a taxi from the departures area drop off zones now that they are policing them much more tightly.

It just costs 50 baht extra to get a taxi at the taxi stand at the arrival area.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#17 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

#18 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

I see 88% say No, lol.
Oh ye of little faith!

#19 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

It has been a while since I have caught a taxi from the airport straight into BKK; I usually head straight to Pattaya. Are you saying that if you line up at the public taxi area it will only cost 50 baht extra? Do they put the meter on, or is that another discussion once in the taxi?

I tire of arguing with these drivers over turning meters on. I cannot count the amount of times I have lined up at MBK in the rank, got in a taxi and then got out before we have left the carpark because all of a sudden the driver plays deaf or starts to negotiate a price because the meter is not working.

When I last hit BKK it was about 1 AM. I went to the tax queue and was asked where I wanted to go. The girl at the little desk didn't understand my my explanation of how to get to EverRich but I had the details on my laptop and showed the driver. They give you a little receipt and charge you 50 baht. I told the driver to start the meter and he did no problem. It was, I think, 283 baht to EverRich at that time of night (on Sukhumvit half way between Soi 5 and Soi 7). I've only done this once since they set up the taxi stand. But I had no problem. Much easier that dragging my luggage up to arrivals and trying to find a taxi. But since I only did it once maybe I got lucky with the driver.

#20 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

As of what Ive heard today..It shall be up and running from the 5:th of december.. :!:
Thats the Kings birthday..will be interesting to see if they will make it happend :roll:

Two choices: *The red "express train" where a trip into central station will take about 15 min..

*The blue "city train" with a total of 8 stops on the way in to the central station. Thats the cheaper option.

Eventually Don Muang Airport will also be linked to the system.
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#21 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hope dies last. :wink:

BR

#22 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

I've now seen reports the train will start anywhere from the King's birthday (Dec 5) to as late as April. Trying to study the MAP it looks like there is a non stop from Swampy (far right about half way down) to Makkasan and one could also take the Taling Chan train. I think it appears that one would need to change trains twice to get to Nana station??

#23 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

I've now seen reports the train will start anywhere from the King's birthday (Dec 5) to as late as April. Trying to study the MAP it looks like there is a non stop from Swampy (far right about half way down) to Makkasan and one could also take the Taling Chan train. I think it appears that one would need to change trains twice to get to Nana station??

Yep. First you'll drive with Airport Express then with MRT to Asoke and from Asoke with BTS to Nana. 8)

BR

#24 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

Test (Trial) runs have already began and will continue. Expected to be fully operational by April.

Here is the site for skytrain that Robislo provided in the travel and accomadation thread. Has the latest, but actual fares is missing.

http://bangkokairporttrain.com/
===============================
===============================

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci