Photo

Airport Link in December 2009?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Will the first trains on Airport Link start running in December 2009?

Will the first trains on Airport Link start running in December 2009?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:45 AM

I'm arriving in LOS in late December and I would really like to see Suvarnabhumi Airport Link finally in working order. In Bangkok Post it was published that Airport Link will be finished and in working order by the end of the year 2009. Yeah right, does anybody still believe they will manage to finish it in time? I personally don’t what about you?

http://www.bangkokpo...ion-in-december

BR

#2 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

The concrete pylons and support bed seemed to be finished, or very close to being finished, when I was in BKK in August 2007. So, I was very surprised that it had not been completed when I returned in September 2008. Needless to say, I was shocked to see it was still not finished in June of this year. :shock:

I voted that it would not be completed.

#3 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

I voted "NO", however my response is based on "TIT", "This is Thailand", so it will take alot longer.

On a positive note, I must say that the BTS Skytrain is great, and makes the rail network in Australia look very shabby.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#4 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

I also voted no because TiT. But trying to drag my suitcase, carry-on and laptop on a train, then off to a hotel, doesn't sound like fun. So I would probably take a taxi anyway.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#5 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

i voted no.
on account of how long it is taking to fix the thap phraya road to jontiem.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#6 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

With such cheap airport taxis direct to your hotel front door, I am still struggling with the benefit of this incredibly expensive project :?
Especially when you factor in 20kg of luggage.

#7 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

With such cheap airport taxis direct to your hotel front door, I am still struggling with the benefit of this incredibly expensive project :?
Especially when you factor in 20kg of luggage.

350-400 BHT for taxi or around 200 BHT for train + transport from train station to hotel or driving for 30 minutes on slow commuter to BTS station and then 40-50 BHT for BTS… I would take taxi anytime but still, it’s nice to have more options.

BR

#8 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Although the BTS from the airport would be a nice option I can't see myself using it, unless I'm seeing someone off or meeting someone at the airport when I'm already established in a hotel in Bangkok.

Once at each end of a trip wouldn't make sense to trundle baggage through the BTS system and the hot sweaty streets of Bangkok to the hotel just to save on the price of a beer.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#9 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

I doubt the idea of the BTS is to save any travellers money.

Anyone who has experienced the rush hour airport taxi queue and then been stuck dense traffic for well over an hour heading into central bankok, might well consider the BTS option - I know I would if I was arriving the wrong side of 5/6 pm.

Hopefully the BTS will finally be up and running soon (if you believe in miracles) and have some positive impact on the traffic (albeit very very minor..).

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#10 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

#11 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Don't know if I would use it, but if it brings down the price of taxis for the same route, then good for us. It is getting harder and harder to grab a taxi from the departures area drop off zones now that they are policing them much more tightly.

It just costs 50 baht extra to get a taxi at the taxi stand at the arrival area.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#12 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci