Photo

Airport Link in December 2009?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Will the first trains on Airport Link start running in December 2009?

Will the first trains on Airport Link start running in December 2009?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#25 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

http://bangkokairpor...n.com/news.html

During the test run, free service will be provided to the public from 9 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 4 pm daily all week and train drivers will be technical staff of Siemens, manufacturer and installer of the rail system, as SRT has not yet received test run operation training from Siemens, said Mr. Yuthana.

Maybe I'll ride with the train upon my arrival after all even though as a live crash test dummy. :angel:

BR

#26 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

These guys will take you into town for only 50B unit April.

Attached Files

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#27 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

These guys will take you into town for only 50B unit April.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No problem, I'll walk to Nana if I have to, beats rainy day at work in Europe any day. 8)

BR

#28 idolhere

idolhere
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

The last news is on july 2010

#29 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

The last news is on july 2010

Here's the link. http://www.bangkokai...n.com/news.html

#30 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Finally as reported in Bangkok Post

Airport Link to open for business
Published: 17/08/2010 at 04:42 PM
Online news: Economics

The Airport Link connecting Bangkok and Suvarnabhumi airport will begin commercial services next Monday, State Railway of Thailand governor Yuthana Thapcharoen said on Tuesday.

Mr Yuthana said the Airport Link's Express Service and City Line systems will run every 15 minutes from 6am to midnight.

The City Line will make eight stops across the capital starting from Phayathai before heading to the airport. Its fares start at 15 baht.

The Express Service is a non-stop journey between Makkasan and Suvarnabhumi and the fare is 100 baht per trip.

The baggage handling system at Makkasan station was still in a testing period but should be operational before the end of this year. People with many bags may have some difficulties during the check-in process, the SRT chief said.

Deputy Prime Minister in charge of economic affairs Trairong Suwannakhiri said the new panel to study the Transport Ministry's project to lease 4,000 NGV buses for 64 billion baht should be formed by the end of this month.

"I haven't looked into the committee for studying the bus lease plan yet as the budget for the next fiscal year must be done first," Mr Trairong said.

The deputy premier said the committee should be set up after he returned from an economic conference in Hanoi on Aug 27.

He said Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij, Transport Minister Sohpon Zarum, National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) secretary-general Ampon Kittiampon and the Budget Bureau had been invited to help consider the bus lease plan.

The panel, once established, should complete its task within the two-month period set by the cabinet, he said

Note the article says that anyone with a large amount of luggage will have difficulties for now.

Posted Image

#31 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

#32 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

PP, agreed about the price - however, this is NOT the BTS, it is a railway link.

#33 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

Here is a map of the route:

Posted Image

#34 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:13 AM

pp said

Why bother paying 100 for the train, when a normal cab costs 200 + 65 highway toll.

Door to Door so to speak, i don't fancy lugging my suitcases up and down those steps on the BTS stations, not in hot thai weather, deffo not Blush

correct my chelsea supporting friend, for the sake of saving a few baht, you would have to be on a shoe string budget to be bothered about saving a hundred and odd baht at the airport when you just arrive.
but saying that i hope they are not like taxi drivers in the uk, greedy buggers :harhar: ;-)

#35 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

I think a few of you guys are missing one of the main points of the airport link. To cut down/avoid traffic.

Of course, the savings aren't that great even for Thais, unless they are on a regular commute. But if you're looking to make a trip from the airport through Bangkok during rush hour the airport link might save you an hour or more.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#36 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

fair point kliome, never thought of it like that 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci