Photo

Scottie's "fantasy becomes reality" trip report.

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#97 mulletman101

mulletman101
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

Scottie. That is a really great trip report. New to this forum, and a fellow Melbournite!

#98 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

Scottie. That is a really great trip report. New to this forum, and a fellow Melbournite!

welcome mulletman

there are many melbournites here

great to read again scottie. a blast from the past TR is always a good way to get the blood flowing a little when stuck in melbounre as winter starts to bite harder.

congrats on the house

cheers

pela
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#99 scottiej23

scottiej23
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

Actually I'm a little south of Melbourne, down in the Apple Isle.

True though, every now and again I find myself reading some of the older trip reports.....they never get boring.

I'm guilty, also, of reading mine every couple of months.....just to remind myself it really all happened.
Now 3.48% smarter, but 14.82% less interesting.

#100 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

Hello Scottie,

Allow me to be the next voice congratulating you on one of the finest trip reports to be posted on this forum. I share the view of many others that your intelligence, wit, and candor have made for a truly enjoyable read. Had this been a book, I would have gladly paid for it.

It had been 25 years since my last trip to LOS. I was 25 years old then, and married.

Just in the last year, I have made the 24+ hour journey, and 12-hour time-zone change no less than 3 times. Like you, my interest in LB's was a bit of a discovery, a surprising, and sometimes fearful one.

My first trip last year, in June 09, I visited Thailand with my gg girlfriend. Big mistake. (we are no longer together).

I returned 16 weeks later with an old schoolmate of mine. Again, not the best idea since it was his first trip outside our home country, and everything from the exotic food.....and especially the LB's, terrified him. Fortunately, he had to return after day 10, leaving me a few days solo. During that time, I ventured into C&D and met my first friend from this forum, Batman.

I also had my first LB experience......with JiJi. The next night, after shaking off an odd psychic combination of being hungover coupled with residual shame-issues about "what have I done?", I found myself returning the next night for round two with a lovely LB named Fon. As you described, I recall her sweetness and warmth being a nice reprieve from the loneliness and fear I had been dealing with.

I returned to LOS again in June of this year, and after several days touring with a dear family member, I again found myself with a few days solo......and thus, experienced all those things you mentioned in your trip report:

Getting lost in the vicinity of Nana Plaza

Enjoying the nightly parade at Big Dogs (Nana entryway)....
....and the staff lightly teasing me about "you like ladyboy", despite the fact I had never taken one there, and despite the fact I typically had a gg companion (Big Dog worker) sitting beside me. I guess the eyes give it away.

Mustering up my courage to enter Cascades.....
.....and contending with "the swarm".

The "proud father" look on the doorman of my hotel.

The feeling of "not giving a damn", nobody knows me, and nobody cares.

The sense of relief it is to find that the BM's you encounter along the way are helpful, friendly, and lend to a sense that you "are not the only one" who has discovered this interest.

Having now recovered (I think) from my post LOS blues, I am already planning my next return in November 10. Mostly Phuket, with a little bit of BKK. Please keep me posted as to your return dates, if we coincide, I'd gladly buy you a beer.

Oh, and i had a plateful on my "to do" list today before work.

Not one damn thing done, since i've been glued to your TR all afternoon long. Thanks a lot!!!

:rock:
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci