• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#13 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:06 PM

:wink: Got a bit wild there boys......

Everyone has different attitudes towards money regardless of whatever their means are, my last trip I overspent but didn't really care as I was enjoying myself, when I go there next I shall be a bit more restrained until my 5th drink, thats the point when the common dog fuck leaves the building, however, I will be taking various currency, £, $, Euros and Baht and use my cards when these are depleted.
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#14 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

There's more cost-effective ways of handling funds on trips to LoS than what I do, but I take a combination of GBP in cash, my current account ATM card and credit card, plus a few left over THB from last time to get the ball rolling.

The current poor exchange rate and credit crunch situation affects every one of us to some extent, if you're immune to it then you're in a miniscule minority. My personal impact is that I have cut my trip short by 25%, so will still spend pretty much as normal.

I'm sure rev1888 won't mind me saying this, but he apologised seperately in a PM, so there's no need for me to give one of my usual smart-arse retorts. The air has been cleared.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#15 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:15 AM

:wink: Oh go on, your smart arsed retorts are the ones we like!
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#16 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

good idea DC, rather than hold back on the thigngs we enjoy doing in los, if the rate is still shitty march april next year , rather than go for 3 weeks will go for 2, so i can still endulge excessively,

#17 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:25 AM

:roll: As long as you do it twice.......

#18 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

If you are using traveler's cheques, get the highest denomination, for example $500 USD per cheque. If the money changer charges a "stamp fee" (usually around 23 Baht), then you can save a bit vs. using 100 USD traveler's cheques.

It is unusual to find an exchange that doesn't charge the stamp fee. There is a bit higher rate given for traveler's cheques vs. cash.

#19 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:32 AM

petesie, do not worry about that, i do one visit usually between march/ april/ may, depending on time off work, then i usually go again october/november

#20 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:34 AM

DELETED

#21 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:45 AM

STEVIEP35, i have been going to patts, since 2000/2001, thefirst 3 times i went was with friends, we stayed amari orchid, just down from dolphin roundabout, so we booked through kuoni, so had to share a room, at this point i wasnt really into lbs. it would probably have been my 4th trip that i was drunk and tried it, as i came myself for the first time, my friend has since passed away but he had condos in the markland soi1 beach road, 1st time having room to myself, since been going with friends so have had to be a bit sneeky here and there, only really my last 3 trips, that i have came alone, and not went with friends, and told them had to take my hols as work dictated, so its really only recently that i have tried to hunt, still at the kind of nervous stage, thats why joined forum, also maybe to hook up with like minded people so i do not have to hunt alone

#22 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:44 AM

looks to be a good idea, but what if you lose your bank card or cash passport, it's just that with american express tcs they can usually replace them quite quickly

I have a duplicate debit visa that I keep in the safe and with cash passports they give you two cards

#23 triat45

triat45
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

Drift Spunk picks up an important point I had not noted...the Cash Passports are always issued as a pair of cards with access to the one account (different PINs). So I always keep one in a safe place, and take one with me when going out.
I recently did the required 3 year renewal (replacement cards) and the quality of the telephone assistance was first class. They actually sent out the cards in Express Post so that I could be sure of having them before I left for OS.
Triat

#24 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

I transfer straight into my Thai bank account, Saves all the hassle and u get the cheaper rates when u withdraw money not like when i use my uk atm card they charge me £1.60 per time or there about if i use my visa cards when i use my thai one only 20bht per time time to withdraw money and it free if i use bangkok,

Bank atm so i save a small fortune in charges but now recently with the current exchange rate it not worth it till it hits 60bht to 1£ and above im sure it will get beter by after december ive seen it before as soon the low season hits it goes back up. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci