BEST DEAL WHEN EXCHANGING MONEY OR TC'S

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#25 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

I transfer straight into my Thai bank account, Saves all the hassle and u get the cheaper rates when u withdraw money not like when i use my uk atm card they charge me £1.60 per time or there about if i use my visa cards when i use my thai one only 20bht per time time to withdraw money and it free if i use bangkok,

Bank atm so i save a small fortune in charges but now recently with the current exchange rate it not worth it till it hits 60bht to 1£ and above im sure it will get beter by after december ive seen it before as soon the low season hits it goes back up. :lol:

How did you manage to open a Thai bank account :!: Does it pay interest :?:

#26 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:08 PM

I transfer straight into my Thai bank account, Saves all the hassle and u get the cheaper rates when u withdraw money not like when i use my uk atm card they charge me £1.60 per time or there about if i use my visa cards when i use my thai one only 20bht per time time to withdraw money and it free if i use bangkok,

Bank atm so i save a small fortune in charges but now recently with the current exchange rate it not worth it till it hits 60bht to 1£ and above im sure it will get beter by after december ive seen it before as soon the low season hits it goes back up. :lol:

www.lb-69.com/forum/7413_How_to_open_a_bank_account_in_Thailand.html

#27 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

I'm sure gaz will follow this with a clear and concise step-by-step guide on how to accomplish such a task, he also posted this elsewhere on the forum.

If I recall, in a nutshell, he took a totally trustworthy transsexual hooker with him to the bank as referee and they opened a joint account together.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#28 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

I'm sure gaz will follow this with a clear and concise step-by-step guide on how to accomplish such a task, he also posted this elsewhere on the forum.

Yes he will probably!

I tryed to open an account several times at different banks and they all gave me the same answer: no work permit = no bank account. :cry:

#29 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

I'll save him the trouble.

Here's one he prepared earlier..
http://www.lb-69.com...n_Thailand.html

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#30 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

:?: :?: :?:

http://www.bangkokba...d Questions.htm

How do I open an account if I’m not a Thai resident?
Foreigners with a long stay visa, work permit or even a tourist visa can open a savings account with Bangkok Bank at any of our branches nationwide.

To open a savings account at any one of our branches, you will need to bring your passport or work permit.

If you’re on a long stay visa or tourist visa, then in addition to your passport you will need to bring one of the following letters:

A letter of recommendation from a reputable company, an embassy or an international organization located in Thailand, or

A letter of recommendation from your bank abroad. This must be a bank which is acceptable to Bangkok Bank and sent to Bangkok Bank via SWIFT*, or

A letter of recommendation from a person acceptable to Bangkok Bank such as an existing customer of Bangkok Bank.

With a saving account, you will also be able to use a Be1st debit card or Bualuang ATM card

#31 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

Actually dixon i have 2 thai bank accounts and u are quiet right one my ex and i had joint account and i applied for my own one after a while they gave me no problem at all when i opened it and it my own account and she cant touch it :lol:

#32 Drift Spunk

Drift Spunk
  • Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

I will try this when i come back but it also seems that the majority of people have been denied

#33 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

If you like to take cash with you, I've found a money exchange that offers better rates than the bank booths.

Vasu Money Exchange,- 133-133/1 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 7/1. Ph 2253-1706-7.

Today I changed USD, and got 34.7 Baht/USD, as compared to 34.38 Baht/USD at the Bank exchange booths.

Be aware they only do cash - no credit cards/traveler's cheques/debit cards/ATM cards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci